Bit wet (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Flooding everywhere. Mad how everything goes to shit after a couple of days rain.

Otis

It's been an eye-opener down here that's for sure. I knew a bit about Folkestone and the surrounding area through doing some of research before we moved, but I wasn't quite expecting this.

It's definitely a batten down your hatches approach to winter in these parts I think.

Wind and rain. Constantly raining and every night pretty much, we can hear the wind howling.

Luckily our house is at a slightly higher level (old Victorian house) and you have to go up a number of steps to the front door.

We still love it here though.

Otis

It feels like it's been windier this year than normal anyway.

I must cap my chimney, given it seems to be an electric fire in it(!)
We have an open fire, so it was lovely to light a roaring fire on Christmas Day.

With hindsight, we should have checked to make sure there was no chimney sweep or squirrels up there first.

Sbarcher

It feels like it's been windier this year than normal anyway.

I must cap my chimney, given it seems to be an electric fire in it(!)
Get yourself a chimney balloon.

Sbarcher

How's the ventilation from it,a miss if so?
Won’t need ventilation for an electric fire. Should be enough adventitious air to the room to keep everything ok.

Sbarcher

Should do, there are different sizes to suit flue types.

duffer

Need to sort my gutters out again. Any recommendations for someone reliable in the Coventry area?

Or... I am tempted to just buy a decent set of ladders and sort it out myself, but it looks challenging. Any advice on that, team?

(Believe it or not, in my younger days I was a keen but very average rock climber, so the heights thing isn't an issue, but working off ladders always feels more perilous somehow. Also there aren't many decent holds on our walls!) 😄

SBAndy

Need to sort my gutters out again. Any recommendations for someone reliable in the Coventry area?

Or... I am tempted to just buy a decent set of ladders and sort it out myself, but it looks challenging. Any advice on that, team?

(Believe it or not, in my younger days I was a keen but very average rock climber, so the heights thing isn't an issue, but working off ladders always feels more perilous somehow. Also there aren't many decent holds on our walls!) 😄

What do you need sorting? Just a clear out? We get our window cleaner to sort it when he’s round.

duffer

What do you need sorting? Just a clear out? We get our window cleaner to sort it when he’s round.

Yep, the gutters will be clogged with leaves and detritus, the benefits of having lots of trees nearby. Don't actually have a window cleaner on a regular basis, or I'd ask them...

Tempted to just have a crack myself... If I don't post for a while, you'll know it's gone horribly wrong. 😄

PVA

What does Matt Le Tissier think the government has done?

He’s a total conspiracy theorist loon these days.

I think what he’s suggesting is that the government engineered the weather to be nice and sunny during lockdown to encourage people to stay at home in their gardens etc.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

CCfC2023

Coventry Gutter Cleaning Services 5 Grove Rd, Ansty, Village, Coventry CV7 9JD Did mine he has a big Sky Vac that he sucks all the gunk from the gutter from ground level , Done a good job and in no time .

Users who are viewing this thread