Bit of fun - Coventry City Players of the past (1 Viewer)

deanocity3

Steve Murcott: Eighteen year-old goalkeeper Steve Murcott played a reserve match for Coventry City on the morning of September 1st 1979, and, due to an injury to Jim Blyth in the warm-up, played against Norwich in the afternoon. He finished on the winning side in both games.

he had a car crash we released him not long after.I have the pink from that match.Milne found him eating fish and chips and told him to get changed,as Sealey was away with the reserves so Murcott played

torchomatic

Alan Green

torchomatic

Yeah, great player. That was the team I first remember from when I started going regularly home and away. Some brilliant players around then, still my heroes those guys,

A rare buy from Villa helped Wally and Fergie score so many 1977-78

ccfcrob

Thomas gustafson then thomas antonilious after he changed his name bit like john filan

skyblue025

Chris Whyte. We signed him he played 1 game then missed the rest of his months loan as he had been sent off for leeds reserves just before we signed him and was banned.

SkyBlueChris

Zbigniew Kruszynski - (had to check spelling) always remember he came on when we played at norwich once 20 years ago...one of my first away games.. i didnt have a clue who he was!!! left straight after....

Grendel

Peter Barnes ex England. Utterly useless.

Delboycov

Chris Whyte. We signed him he played 1 game then missed the rest of his months loan as he had been sent off for leeds reserves just before we signed him and was banned.

Yeah but wasn't the 1 game a 5-0 hammering of Blackburn? Maybe my memories playing tricks though.

Rudi Kaiser...remember the fans used to love him-mainly because he was one of the early continental players we had and his name was easy to chant. A bit like Roger Van Gool I don't remember him being much good and I recall him collapsing in a heap in front of me one game with no one near him and I don't think he played again for us.

tippex9

Perry Suckling

deanocity3

Yeah but wasn't the 1 game a 5-0 hammering of Blackburn? Maybe my memories playing tricks though.

Rudi Kaiser...remember the fans used to love him-mainly because he was one of the early continental players we had and his name was easy to chant. A bit like Roger Van Gool I don't remember him being much good and I recall him collapsing in a heap in front of me one game with no one near him and I don't think he played again for us.

Rudi Kaiser was youth coach at chelsea under the special one

Users who are viewing this thread