Match Thread Birmingham match thread (3 Viewers)

cc84cov

Just back to the car. Gutted we have lost that. Wtf O'Hare was doing for their first goal is beyond me. He gets goal side then dives in instead of jockeying him. Bloke gets the cross in and they score. We should of scored 4 or 5 and been out of sight. 3 hour drive home now.
Said the same thing he was never gonna win that just jockey got beat too easy

stupot07

So your saying our strikers are not good enough but you didn’t even see them play ? Lol if you seen how Baka & Max played you would get my post they ran their defence ragged
I've seen them play plenty of times thanks. FWIW I'd play the pair of them as Godden needs a rest

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Doesn't sound bad. Oggy said on the radio he saw him at half time. But of a niggle but should be fine for Saturday.
Hamstring injuries are always dodgy. Doesn’t take much for them to end up worse than first thought. Hope he’s ok, one of our best players.

stupot07

And how many late winners have we scored? Have a bit of balance, please.
Why? These fine lines are the difference between a good team and a great team. A good season and a brilliant season. We've chucked a lot of points away that if we hadn't we'd be league leaders. It's not expecting much to want your team to see put the last 4-5 minutes without conceding.

Valid discussion points.

mark82

We’re in tonight’s match thread & current form Godden is going backwards

May have misread but think he meant all of our strikers.

Personally, apart from the 2 obvious games, I've not been impressed with Godden. Max & Baka are ok, have more to their game, but aren't really goalscorers. They all miss too many chances.

We've got what we've got now though. Hopefully it's enough to see us promoted.

Ring Of Steel

Everything that happened tonight and Godden (who had a hand in the second goal) is the key talking point? Seriously, get a grip.
I know. We saw tonight that we are a Chanpionship level club on & off the pitch, need to score more goals, we conceded late (but we’ve won more late than we’ve lost this season), and the boorish fools are looking for a scapegoat.

ahem, championship level club apart from having no ground, anyway

Last edited:

mark82

Why? These fine lines are the difference between a good team and a great team. A good season and a brilliant season. We've chucked a lot of points away that if we hadn't we'd be league leaders. It's not expecting much to want your team to see put the last 4-5 minutes without conceding.

We still have it in our hands to be league leaders. If we'd played the same number of games as those at the top we might be league leaders right now.

stupot07

May have misread but think he meant all of our strikers.

Personally, apart from the 2 obvious games, I've not been impressed with Godden. Max & Baka are ok, have more to their game, but aren't really goalscorers. They all miss too many chances.

We've got what we've got now though. Hopefully it's enough to see us promoted.
This ^^

Ring Of Steel

Valid discussion points.

What a stupid thing to say- of course these are the fine lines. The fact is though we score as many last minute goals as we concede, and if you want to expand that out then we’ve come from behind to win lots, not exactly the hallmark of a side that “chokes”. Did you go away and work out the points we’ve gained at the death as well or is this just a general moan session based on one game v a team in the league above?

So stop with this absolute bullshit about “choking”- bad defending is a very different thing to bottling it.

mark82

How’s Godden been past 3-4 games ?

To be fair to Godden he's gone from a lengthy lay off to playing 2 games every week. Maybe he needs a bit of a rest. Either way I've been disappointed with him in general (can't comment on tonight as wasn't there).

Mucca Mad Boys

Valid discussion points.

I share your frustration, but equally, we’re top of the ‘comeback table’ table too. So more often than not, we’re the team snatching the better result.

Every team around us could probably cherry pick instances where they should have, won or drew a game when lost/drew a game.

That’s the nature of the game.

cc84cov

@Ring Of Steel Even with max Godden struggled in a front 2 which I felt would suit him to me he doesn’t look fit and may need a rest max looks fit and strong match sharpness will come and them chances he will put away more times than not

Users who are viewing this thread