Match Thread Birmingham match thread (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

Why do people want us to play anything like our beat xi? Been fancying a cup defeat since the Ipswich replay

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SkyblueTexan

Since I don’t care about the Cup and would rather focus on the league, I’d play the following lineup:

Marosi
Pask Drysdale Williams Mason
JJones Westbrooke Shipley Hiwula
Biamou Bakayoko

I might even throw on Giles (if not cup-tied), Eccles and Kastaneer just to give a break to our regulars.

D

Deleted member 2477

Id play our u21s. The league is a massive priority and could be the difference between our club surviving or sinking

block16

Go 532

Marosi
Pask Williams hyam rose mason
O'Hare Shipley walsh
Baka and Max

Something bit different and gives key older players a well earned rest

cc84cov

Win this we play Leicester possible local derby TV coverage

I don’t get where the “away games” only fans are ? How many we sold 3,500 ?

cc84cov

We are so close to the top of the league, you can smell it. The only thing that will trip us up is a back log of games. Id rest anyone who's looking tired and concentrate 100% on the league now, every game is going to be massive.
We have the squad to cope if rotated correctly

ccfc1234

Win this we play Leicester possible local derby TV coverage

I don’t get where the “away games” only fans are ? How many we sold 3,500 ?
I would guess 90% of those going went to the home game too. The away games only movement is self indulgent and more of a sound bite than a reality. Let's face it the Trust support this thinking and if your views align with theirs you are on the wrong side of the debate.

curly_tom

I can understand some apathy but it amazes me that some people actually want a defeat. Surely the feel-good factor of beating a team a division above and a local derby win would be very good for everyone. I understand the fixture build-up argument but we have a big squad and rotation will work. I love a cup-run, I'd love to beat them. That said, I am not convinced we are good enough to pull it off, I think we will be depending on Brum fielding a weakened team and not being on their game. PUSB

Corrado

I can understand some apathy but it amazes me that some people actually want a defeat. Surely the feel-good factor of beating a team a division above and a local derby win would be very good for everyone. I understand the fixture build-up argument but we have a big squad and rotation will work. I love a cup-run, I'd love to beat them. That said, I am not convinced we are good enough to pull it off, I think we will be depending on Brum fielding a weakened team and not being on their game. PUSB
Not convinced we are good enough to pull it off?? Did you watch the first game??

Great_Expectations

The league is the priority but we have a strong enough squad to put out a good enough team to compete tonight and a team to win on Saturday. Plus, while no game is easy in reality, Bolton are a struggling side. They won on Saturday, but had lost/drawn the previous few.

Not sure what other reason there is to want to lose?

I’d go;

Marosi
Rose McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Walsh Westbrooke Mason
Allen Shipley
Biamou

I’d be tempted to play Pask, but if you drop McFadzean that leaves a very inexperienced defence.

Kelly is the one who needs a rest as he seems quite injury prone. I’ve suggested Westbrooke to play a bit deeper as he’s good on the ball, but it would mean we lose a bit of grit in the middle. But not sure who else is best, it would be a big ask if Eccles experience wise and Pask fitness wise.

I’m confident we have enough, as long as we hold out during their inevitable early onslaught.

2-1, Biamou, Allen.

Paxman II

Again winnable as we are stronger than Birmingham. But who gets a rest? Another tight game with one eye on the league may be cause for concern.
Penalty shoot out!

mrtrench

People saying they'd play a weak team and don't care if we lose are missing the point that this game is worth more than £0.5m. Made up of winner prize money and share of gate receipts versus Leicester.

If you want us to have more money to compete in the league and would like for us to be able to decline bids for players, you ought to be hoping we'll win.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Why do people want us to lose? Even if it was the group stage of the JPT against Leicester u23s we should always want to win every game!
Here here, you should always aim high in life .

shmmeee

Exactly

More like that was their excuse

How many “away only fans” do you reckon there are?

We’ve sold fewer than a home game, so why aren’t the home fans turning up either?

Let’s be honest most aren’t going for the same reason I’m not. It’s a Tuesday night game and hard to get to after work for a lot of people. Plus as this thread shows most are over the cup.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

How many “away only fans” do you reckon there are?

We’ve sold fewer than a home game, so why aren’t the home fans turning up either?

Let’s be honest most aren’t going for the same reason I’m not. It’s a Tuesday night game and hard to get to after work for a lot of people. Plus as this thread shows most are over the cup.
That definitely depends on what you define as 'hard to get to'. I've done it probably 5+ times and it's been a piece of cake. About 50 minutes from Leamington and can park right by the ground for free. Overall journey time is less than it was for me at the Ricoh. I understand if you have kids etc it's not necessarily easy (neither would the Ricoh be), but it really isn't hard to get to.

shmmeee

That definitely depends on what you define as 'hard to get to'. I've done it probably 5+ times and it's been a piece of cake. About 50 minutes from Leamington and can park right by the ground for free. Overall journey time is less than it was for me at the Ricoh. I understand if you have kids etc it's not necessarily easy (neither would the Ricoh be), but it really isn't hard to get to.

Ive been several times, but the fact is if I wanted to go tomorrow it’s more of a faff than my Ricoh routine, partly because I can just get dropped off and picked up at the Ricoh, travel time is probably not massively different but the thought of driving into Brum and parking is an arse and on a night game it’s fine margins that swing it one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread