Match Thread Birmingham match thread (5 Viewers)

cc84cov

Good first 20 mins then tailed off mason looks tired,Shipley is doing plenty of running but needs to impose himself More 0-0 half time is fair.

cc84cov

The first touch of blues & set piece delivery shows the level they play at,that long throw is a weapon

Adge

Bit of a nothing game at the minute. Extra time maybe?

Gazolba

Pask needs to come off.
The last thing we need is to go down to 10 men.
Montero is a real danger.

Great_Expectations

Positive half overall. We started incredibly well, but they got back into it after 20/25 minutes and had there 10 minute spell before it evened out.

They don’t look that good (hope that doesn’t come back to bite me), and are resorting to long throws which says a lot.

Pask has pace, but has looked awful defensively. Granted he’s against their best player. Clearly not writing him off, but it’s a big game to come into after only a few first team games and it shows.

I like Shipley and Westbrooke but they aren’t quite at this level. We miss Walsh’s ability in the middle. He’s fantastic technically.

Id also give O’Hare a go at 60 as he’s again technically a level above and he’ll have a lot of space at that point.

Baka started very well - our stand out player - but has dropped off as his and Biamou have had less ball. The key is in the middle - Kelly isn’t good enough to dominate on his own for a full half against Championship players.

Overall, it’s a positive performance. When on top we’ve looked more likely to score in open play, than they did.

However the biggest frustration - our set plays. They are truly awful, which is even more frustrating as we have a pretty big team out. It’s a set piece taker we are missing.

But if a ramble but essentially we’re the better team and a tweak here or there wins us the game.

mark82

CWR TEXT - why does Robins persist with Baka when we have Ponticelli

Fuck. My. Life

Made me chuckle. The amount of people saying if we take Baka off we'll win. I know he doesn't score many but for me he's played well recently when he's had chance.

Johhny Blue

Positive half overall. We started incredibly well, but they got back into it after 20/25 minutes and had there 10 minute spell before it evened out.

They don’t look that good (hope that doesn’t come back to bite me), and are resorting to long throws which says a lot.

Pask has pace, but has looked awful defensively. Granted he’s against their best player. Clearly not writing him off, but it’s a big game to come into after only a few first team games and it shows.

I like Shipley and Westbrooke but they aren’t quite at this level. We miss Walsh’s ability in the middle. He’s fantastic technically.

Id also give O’Hare a go at 60 as he’s again technically a level above and he’ll have a lot of space at that point.

Baka started very well - our stand out player - but has dropped off as his and Biamou have had less ball. The key is in the middle - Kelly isn’t good enough to dominate on his own for a full half against Championship players.

Overall, it’s a positive performance. When on top we’ve looked more likely to score in open play, than they did.

However the biggest frustration - our set plays. They are truly awful, which is even more frustrating as we have a pretty big team out. It’s a set piece taker we are missing.

But if a ramble but essentially we’re the better team and a tweak here or there wins us the game.
Please try to stay on topic

Evo1883

Made me chuckle. The amount of people saying if we take Baka off we'll win. I know he doesn't score many but for me he's played well recently when he's had chance.

Mate I'm not disrespecting any striker at the club but they love biamou who has 2 in 17 league 1 games and hate Bakayoko who has 10 in 49 league 1 games

The maths suggests there hate is ill informed

Users who are viewing this thread