Birmingham game:Cringeworthy/shameful moments (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Whilst i usually sit in the scoreboard corner and do sing, and think although we've got a drum, (which is always a sign of small time support) fairplay to everyone trying to make some noise, there really were some cringeworthy songs etc last night.
1)Ive arrived at work, not to be ridiculed about the score but about the cringeworthy small time 'posnan' at the end, which i agree 100% with, it was embarrasing and i refused to join in.
2) kids making slit your throat gestures to the birmingham fans, when most of their fans in the away end would walk over any of them
3) that gay 'just cant get enough' song, sounds s***, mickey mouse and lots of other small time teams sing it

I just wish our support was more like West ham,Leeds or even Birmingham, rather than like a Blackpool or a Reading and sharing mickeymouse chants

Nick

Administrator
Yep that Posnan just looked a bit silly.

Also the "Your mums your dad" song is silly, it doesn't even make sense.

Marlon songs were to be expected, as said before I bet it is the same clowns who sung songs for him when he was here.

Seems strange that you would create a thread with the title "Cringeworthy/shameful moments " and then fail to list the 'mums your dad' abomination

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I dont mind abusive songs at all, just some of the songs being sang sounded like they belonged a school trip. Yep i said a season or two ago that it doesnt make sense but compared to some of the other s*** last night it wasnt the worst offender

Covstu

FFS enjoy the night for what is was!! couldnt care what we sang last night, it was a fantastic performance.

SuttonSkyBlue

I thought the Poznan was pretty funny myself!! (sat in the Cov Tel stand so obviously didnt join in). At least the Singers corner have a go and clearly enjoy themselves. yes i'm sure the throat slitting gestures from 14 year olds to 25 stone 40 year olds is a bit much!

My only gripe is the 'Birmingham is full of sh1t, sh1t and more sh1t'. It makes the 'Sh1t on the Villa' song look almost Wordsworth-esque...

Gint11

Being thick here probably but whats a 'Posnan' ??

Another song I hate was 'Andy Thorns sky blue army' when you know large majority wanted him out and 'were winning at home, how s@@@ must you be' Got to be weird when your ridiculing yourselves!

hill83

Being thick here probably but whats a 'Posnan' ??

Another song I hate was 'Andy Thorns sky blue army' when you know large majority wanted him out and 'were winning at home, how s@@@ must you be' Got to be weird when your ridiculing yourselves!

Man Citys backs to the game jumping up and down shite

And the two songs you mentioned and the same gimps who sit with the drummer. They do my head in.

HennerfordSkyBlue

Whilst i usually sit in the scoreboard corner and do sing, and think although we've got a drum, (which is always a sign of small time support) fairplay to everyone trying to make some noise, there really were some cringeworthy songs etc last night.
1)Ive arrived at work, not to be ridiculed about the score but about the cringeworthy small time 'posnan' at the end, which i agree 100% with, it was embarrasing and i refused to join in.
2) kids making slit your throat gestures to the birmingham fans, when most of their fans in the away end would walk over any of them
3) that gay 'just cant get enough' song, sounds s***, mickey mouse and lots of other small time teams sing it

I just wish our support was more like West ham,Leeds or even Birmingham, rather than like a Blackpool or a Reading and sharing mickeymouse chants

The missus not give you any last night mate?

Lighten the f*ck up!

Nick

Administrator
It can't be as strange as some fellas I saw in the CET once.

Kept singing Michael McIndoe and just sort of dancing like they were having an epileptic fit. Only about 5 of them.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Dont get me wrong, i dont mind songs with a bit of humour. and with regards to the throat slitting gestures, i just found it ironic because to use a metaphore (i think?!) our support seemed to be more like a wacky warehouse crowd whereas you could say the birmingham fans are more like the old Live and Let Live type. The posnan was :facepalm:

coundonskyblue

The song that annoys me that is sung by all away teams (ourselves included) is the 'I want to go home' song. I dont understand it, no one is locked in the ground so if you want to go then go.

Otis

Same as the old song "Save all your bottles for me!"

Why would I want anyone's bottles? Would just mean yet another long inconvenient trip to the bottle bank.

Some people, eh!

CTID

lol the posnan was funny from where i was sat. The only song that really gets on my tits is as Gint says...the "were winning at home, how shit must you be" crap.

Gint...the posnan is the man city style celebration turning around facing the the other way etc

WestEndAgro

The Poznan must stop now, it's a Celtic thing, but "The Bouncy" that's a different matter, get it on block 15

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

'How s*** must you be, we're winning away' started by west ham fans in 2011 before they went down from the prem, now copied by lots of teams when theyre winning away, west ham have stopped singing it, not wanting to be associated with mickey mouse clubs
'i wanna go home, sunderlands a ****hole i wanna go home' started by newcastle fans 3 seasons ago, copied lots.
'i just cant get enough' worst of the bunch, gay pathetic, copied off celtic

The Poznan must stop now, it's a Celtic thing, but "The Bouncy" that's a different matter, get it on block 15

lol the posnan was funny from where i was sat. The only song that really gets on my tits is as Gint says...the "were winning at home, how shit must you be" crap.

Gint...the posnan is the man city style celebration turning around facing the the other way etc

I know, guess who from, it's a mind blower

It's actually a Lech Poznan thing who play in the Polish leagues.

jimmyhillsfanclub

We've never had any "original" songs other than the Eton boating song.....which incidentally i'd love if we now reverted back to its original (and far more relevant) lyrics.

I personally find the scousers 2 cathedrals song quite embarrassing......

..as a bunch of fans, you've just gotta accept that we've got more than our fair share of gob-shites, idiots, scruffs & back-dated wannabee hoolies....

.....Still, I'm not moaning.... You all just make me look even more witty, handsome & stylish than I actually am:D

pusbccfc

Last night was a laugh. A lot of the songs are for jokes, and jokes only!! Last night back in block 14 was the best atmosphere for a couple of years.
The drum in my opinion creates the atmosphere!! When the drum has not been there not a song is sung!
Liven up or sit with the library boys in the tesco and telegraph!!

jimmyhillsfanclub

....The scousers actually do have 2 cathedrals (not 1.5) & do speak with an accent exceedingly rare......

Users who are viewing this thread