Match Thread Birmingham City (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

He had biamou and bakayoko both of whom he’s offered extended contracts on the bench

It was 2018 when Biamou last got a contract extension... He basically was told to leave this season.

Grendel

It was 2018 when Biamou last got a contract extension... He basically was told to leave this season.

Well he clearly wasn’t told properly. He should if he really was told to leave if he stayed he’d train with the youth team and never play for the club again - weak management if true

Grendel

Honestly, if we’re going to a back four I’d have him back.

Oh yeah forgot him. Another robins signing he’s bombed out

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well he clearly wasn’t told properly. He should if he really was told to leave if he stayed he’d train with the youth team and never play for the club again - weak management if true

Bollocks. Terrible example and man-management if he did that.

Doing it for disciplinary reasons or because they're disrupting the squad - fine. Just because they're out of favour - surefire way to lose respect and trust in this squad and any future position as word will get around players that once they're no longer of any use to you you'll just treat them like shit. If that player is contracted, putting the effort in in training, is trusted and valued by the other players then what benefit is there to ostracising them other than to piss everyone off and damage morale? You're also cutting your nose of to spite your face because all it takes is a small injury crisis and he'd be needed at least to make up numbers, but you've burnt those bridges and by not training with the team won't have the sharpness or understanding of the sytem anyway. He might even show something in training over time that you think could be useful, but you wouldn't know if he's training with the kids so you never see him.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if that was how you managed. Totally lack of understanding of other people and to you they're just machines to fulfil the task you set them. Rather than people that have emotional responses to the way they're treated which feedback into and affect the overall working environment.

Grendel

Bollocks. Terrible example and man-management if he did that.

Jimmy hill apparently did it often and just told players to go. Clough definitely did it. Ferguson did it.

Robins has pretty much it seems “banished” players as of course did Presley - he’s also lambasted players in the media

Maddison was told to go to Norwich - forced to pretty much

shmmeee

Jimmy hill apparently did it often and just told players to go. Clough definitely did it. Ferguson did it.

Robins has pretty much it seems “banished” players as of course did Presley - he’s also lambasted players in the media

You think James Maddison was forced out of the club because the manager didn’t rate him?

You OK?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You think James Maddison was forced out of the club because the manager didn’t rate him?

You OK?

I think he meant he was told he going due to the money rather than not being rated. However, had Madders turned it down I don't think he'd have left him out, even if ordered to by the board having a sulk.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The key is how quickly can you get them out the door in either a transfer or paying them off so they leave. It also helps when you have a massively strong hold on the job.

These are options that were available to your examples above. They all got rid of some players for a pittance or in some cases just paid them up to leave or part paid their wages elsewhere to cover the shortfall in the players income to make the move more enticing. We don't have that option or we'd be using up part of a limited budget to have less players available to us - madness. Esp when said player is hardly a disruptive influence or lazy.

shmmeee

I think he meant he was told he going due to the money rather than not being rated. However, had Madders turned it down I don't think he'd have left him out, even if ordered to by the board having a sulk.

Exactly, why bring him up in a debate about managers freezing out players who are out of favour?

Users who are viewing this thread