Birmingham attendance (3 Viewers)

bigfatronssba

So technically it’s a sell out right now, as in all available tickets have been sold 😂

They need to clear those Boylesports banners, open blocks 11, 12, & 13, and get 31k in there

Saddlebrains

They'll have to open block 13 and remove them shit boyle sports banners in the corners of 33 and 24

pusbccfc

If 13 reopens, the noise will be incredible. An extra 500 in the corner.

The worry will be how strict they'll be. For example, could they open block 4 or even 5? The club should do everything in their power to get it like this (with an extra block of segregation in block 12).

image-7-for-coventry-city-vs-chelsea-2009-fa-cup-quarter-final-gallery-582615691.jpg

Ashdown

Birmingham sadly is the stopping block to a huge attendance. The so called safety Nazis would undoubtably be more comfortable with a Watford/ Norwich/ Reading before they allow less distance between fans.

Sky Blue Pete

Birmingham sadly is the stopping block to a huge attendance. The so called safety Nazis would undoubtably be more comfortable with a Watford/ Norwich/ Reading before they allow less distance between fans.
Safety is not the issue for gap it’s police allowing up to 6000 away fans

Brylowes

Safety is not the issue for gap it’s police allowing up to 6000 away fans
As far as I’m aware the club are wholly responsible for who or how many they allow into their stadium, the police and the SAG hold no real power over such matters.

bigfatronssba

Tell the Police to Foxtrot Oscar.

The stadium has a valid safety certificate to allow 32k football spectators in. It is up to the club as to how many tickets they sell providing they stay within the limit in the safety certificate.

The Police only advise. They're useless anyway. They all stood around scratching their fat arses when that loser ran on the pitch earlier.

GaryJones

30,000 easy

chiefdave

If the police can have input on the number of away supporters wouldn't it be giving a maximum, not a problem if we want less away supporters so we can use the seats

surely less away supporters is easier to police?

bigfatronssba

Just looked it up and West Midlands Police have allowed Villa an average crowd of 97.6% this season.

96.7% of the CBS is 31.5K

So unless they are showing Brum bias, I really don't see why our crowd won't be 30k+

Sky Blue Pete

Just looked it up and West Midlands Police have allowed Villa an average crowd of 97.6% this season.

96.7% of the CBS is 31.5K

So unless they are showing Brum bias, I really don't see why our crowd won't be 30k+
It should be no less than 31109 as the away end holds 6000 and they have been allowed 4500

theferret

Apart from opening block 13 (which they should do), the only way of increasing capacity is to give more tickets to Blues. Why would anyone want that to happen?

If there was anyway of making the netted off area available to city fans fine, but there isn't right now, so don't give them 1 ticket more. They already have too many imo.

skybluegod

Man City have a double line of stewards between home and away fans . 4 seats all the way up for separation. Depending on the expected away support this can be widened or shorten retrospective.
I don’t see why we can’t use this when required!

Because we can't get anywhere near enough stewards for it. We have struggled at times already this season with numbers

Essexrobbie

Is anyone a bit worried that we don't seem to turn up for a big occasion? or is it just me. We had a good crowd for Stoke.... who incidentally haven't won since beating us. :rolleyes:

bigfatronssba

Apart from opening block 13 (which they should do), the only way of increasing capacity is to give more tickets to Blues. Why would anyone want that to happen?

If there was anyway of making the netted off area available to city fans fine, but there isn't right now, so don't give them 1 ticket more. They already have too many imo.

I get that opening blocks 11 & 12 will be difficult given how many tickets they’ve already allocated to Brum.

But as you say there’s no reason at all for 13 not to be open. Or blocks 4 & 5.

Users who are viewing this thread