Binley Mega Chippy (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Can someone explaine why it's all over Twitter etc at the moment. Memes and pics everywhere?!

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Can someone explaine why it's all over Twitter etc at the moment. Memes and pics everywhere?!
My understanding is that some random bloke not associated with it in any way found pictures of it on google , thought it looked funny and had a funny name , and started a tiktok account and one of the videos has 8 million views so it’s blown up from there

LastGarrison

Controversially I think it has fairly recently changed hands and a bit of complaints about it not being as good.

On the plus side they do take card now.

ajsccfc

Ellie and George Foster, aged 16 and 15, travelled from Huthwaite in Nottinghamshire sporting Binley Mega Chippy Mega Fan T-shirts. “We saw it on TikTok. It’s just quite random and that’s what makes it funny,” said Ellie. “We made the T-shirts to wear when we came, and they gave us a free bottle of lemonade and photos with them.

“I’m not normally a fish and chip person, but for Binley Mega Chippy I had to have some.”

“Of all the things they wanted to do on half-term, this was top of their list,” said the siblings’ mother, Claire. “We could have gone to the seaside, but no, they said they wanted to go to Binley Mega Chippy.”

Take the kids off her

NorthernWisdom

David O'Day

How long before the residents of near by Tarquin et al come and take the tourists nice things from them?

Also it's a bang average chippy

Grendel

It’s now an item on 5 live!

Bugsy

This shit gone way to far

IMG-20220531-WA0013.jpg

Grendel

It’s on bbc six o’clock news in a minute👍🤣
They’ll be flying in from the US next, fair play to them they’re famous

Australia?

Finham

Can anyone explain Tik Tok? The girl who travelled miles to see it rather than go to the seaside said it was because "it's just so random". Is that it? Is that culture now? We've got to the stage where "irony" is so misunderstood that doing ANY old shit and giggling at it stupidly counts?

Also all the articles and new items miss the obvious: the original video and the following hype is not complimentary, it is purely mocking. A lot of the online likes are by non-English people who don't like English culture and think we're hypocritically snobs, having the Queen and liking to tell everyone what to do, but then eating like shit. Like when The Simpsons portrayed us as looking like gap-toothed Victorian's and queuing up for Judi Dench's Fish and Chips. Ergo all the people there now aren't complimenting it, they're "ironically" mocking it.

What is sad is that any satire in the original video is lost-there is barely a mention of Mrs Thatcher. I suppose Tik Tok doesn't know who she is? I would assume, with as much analysis as I can manage with such a fucking pathetic medium, that the original point is:
1) Binley Mega Chippy used to be good, but now it's been bought by Indians and is shit.
2) Mrs Thatcher didn't like black and brown people so wouldn't like the Chippy now.
3) Possibly some implication that Mrs Thatcher would hate the modern Britain, but got the one she deserved? Winning...

It's utterly baffling, however. Did the old farts in the 70's hate the punks as much as I hate young people and their so-called culture now? Talk about a dead end......

Tommo1993

Can anyone explain Tik Tok? The girl who travelled miles to see it rather than go to the seaside said it was because "it's just so random". Is that it? Is that culture now? We've got to the stage where "irony" is so misunderstood that doing ANY old shit and giggling at it stupidly counts?

Also all the articles and new items miss the obvious: the original video and the following hype is not complimentary, it is purely mocking. A lot of the online likes are by non-English people who don't like English culture and think we're hypocritically snobs, having the Queen and liking to tell everyone what to do, but then eating like shit. Like when The Simpsons portrayed us as looking like gap-toothed Victorian's and queuing up for Judi Dench's Fish and Chips. Ergo all the people there now aren't complimenting it, they're "ironically" mocking it.

What is sad is that any satire in the original video is lost-there is barely a mention of Mrs Thatcher. I suppose Tik Tok doesn't know who she is? I would assume, with as much analysis as I can manage with such a fucking pathetic medium, that the original point is:
1) Binley Mega Chippy used to be good, but now it's been bought by Indians and is shit.
2) Mrs Thatcher didn't like black and brown people so wouldn't like the Chippy now.
3) Possibly some implication that Mrs Thatcher would hate the modern Britain, but got the one she deserved? Winning...

It's utterly baffling, however. Did the old farts in the 70's hate the punks as much as I hate young people and their so-called culture now? Talk about a dead end......

‘Welcome to Judi Dench’s Fish n Chips’, a line I often quote for some reason 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread