Billy Daniels to force his way into First Team? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Pressley has encouraged him to force his way in, at who's expense?

Nick

Administrator
Unless he stops being stubborn and makes it a 4-4-2 and puts OB in the middle with Fleck.

duffer

Honest question here, because I genuinely can't remember - wasn't Daniels actually played in a wide position when he broke into the side?

If so, I'm not much encouraged by the thought of shoehorning another wide player into a narrow three. But maybe memory is playing tricks on me...

Nick

Administrator
I can't really remember, I think he was a Striker wasn't he but Thorn played him as a holding midfielder?

duffer

I can't really remember, I think he was a Striker wasn't he but Thorn played him as a holding midfielder?

I'm glad it's not just me struggling to remember things. Maybe they'll let us have adjoining rooms in the care home. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Then I think at the start at Sixfields when we were free scoring he scored a couple of goals from Midfield.

Otis

Didn't Thorn play every player in a holding role? Basically, hold on to the ball and keep it in pretty triangles.

The whole plan seemed to be to keep posession and hold on to the ball for most of the game, hardly have a shot on target and keep giving goals away when not in possession.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't Thorn play every player in a holding role? Basically, hold on to the ball and keep it in pretty triangles.

The whole plan seemed to be to keep posession and hold on to the ball for most of the game, hardly have a shot on target and keep giving goals away when not in possession.

It always seemed like it was Murphy plays it short from a goal kick, pass it between us for a minute or so, get pressed so start moving backwards with passing, it ends up going back to Murphy who is then under pressure so has to hoof it anyway.

Otis

It always seemed like it was Murphy plays it short from a goal kick, pass it between us for a minute or so, get pressed so start moving backwards with passing, it ends up going back to Murphy who is then under pressure so has to hoof it anyway.

Everything leading up to the hoof looked pretty though.

Otis

Such great memories though.

We're all going to appreciate it when we relay the story to our grandchildren of the day when we employed a scout as manager.

It's like a 'When I see an elephant fly' moment.

duffer

Erm... this sounds a lot like we're doing now, except with a different keeper! ;)

spider_ricoh

AT only picked him a couple of times but he came up through the youth setup as a striker but he does seem to be considered a midfielder

SkyBlue_Bear83

Daniels played right mid in place of Baker when he came in for a few games at the beginning of last season. He's not a natural wide player though.

ccfcmustang

I saw him in Nandos at the Fort Shopping Park last Sunday- he needs to be work on his footballing ability and forget about chicken. I can confirm that he likes his chicken 'medium' spiced and prefers peri peri chips. His mrs isnt too bad either for a redhead

wingy

A bit like now ,you mean??

Users who are viewing this thread