Billy Daniels handed squad number (1 Viewer)

Otis

So he is eligible to be picked for the first team.

Hope it's not what I am thinking and is just to make the numbers up on the bench. :(

Otis

You mean he's playing cos of injuries? :facepalm:

No pressure on an academy player then who's never been near the first team? Good job we're not in a relegation scrap isn't it. :thinking about:

grego_gee

No pressure on an academy player then who's never been near the first team? Good job we're not in a relegation scrap isn't it. :thinking about:

It could be worse!....

.... "so call me maybe....." :pimp:

Macca

"were" in a relegation scrap

grego_gee

Look on the bright side!
Rooney was 16 when he first scored in the prem!

+ Platty is 34.......... so is Drogba!
:pimp:

pusbccfc

He's a good player tbf, along with Johnson Clarke-Harris.

Otis

Well yes, but that's besides the point. Would you really want to bring a 17 year old kid into the team for a game that is a must win?

No pressure on the lad eh.

Not blaming anyone here for selecting him as I guess needs must and we have to do what we need to do, but if we are bringing in an academy lad to play first team football because of striker injuries then it doesn't bode well does it for the 3 games to come.

Otis

Can't think of a worse time to introduce an academy kid into first team football other than into a pressure cooker situation of a releagation must-win game where our very future is in the balance.

grego_gee

I'm not disagreeing, but we've run out of regulars!
I was just thinking it doesn't bode well PERIOD!
but who knows he might do a Rooney?

Just in-case the kid gets hurts.............
I'll bring some boots! :pimp:

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't worry Otis-the club is under strict instruction from his mum to have him in bed by 9, so he won't be in for the whole game.

ccfchandsy

He's been banging em in for the academy so full of confidence lets see what you guys say if he gets the winner tomorrow

skybluejelly

i am in no way knocking the lad..and hope he gets at leats one goal,,but people slagged roy o'donavan off for being a league one striker..how much lower than league one is an acadamy player..sisus lack of invesment and short sitedness is looking like costing us dearly..it has been said a thousand times before,and no doubt athousand times again..but love him or hate him marlon has been banging them in all season and left on a free,

Otis

He's been banging em in for the academy so full of confidence lets see what you guys say if he gets the winner tomorrow

What I am saying it is not fair to stick a 17 yr old kid into such a pressure cooker game. Not saying we can do anything other than do that and it's no-ones fault other than Sisu for letting the squad get so small, but a 17 year old kid shouldn't be getting his first taste of first team football in such a crucial must win game where our very future is on the line.

No weight on his shoulders is there.

:facepalm:

Sutty

What I am saying it is not fair to stick a 17 yr old kid into such a pressure cooker game. Not saying we can do anything other than do that and it's no-ones fault other than Sisu for letting the squad get so small, but a 17 year old kid shouldn't be getting his first taste of first team football in such a crucial must win game where our very future is on the line.

No weight on his shoulders is there.

:facepalm:

If any Cov fan puts pressure on the kid then they're more stupid than I thought.

Surely no Cov fan expects him to be the saviour, but I'd think he'd be excited about making his first team debut, as opposed to nervous about being blamed for relegation.

Otis

If any Cov fan puts pressure on the kid then they're more stupid than I thought.

Surely no Cov fan expects him to be the saviour, but I'd think he'd be excited about making his first team debut, as opposed to nervous about being blamed for relegation.

No Cov fan is going to put pressure on him. Why would you say that?

kingharvest

I think at 17, Thorn and the other senior players have a responsibility to ensure he doesn't feel under pressure, that he plays with freedom and with the same confidence that he has playing for the academy.

Also, to be fair to the fans, i can't imagine a single one of them putting pressure on a 17 year old.

Maybe someone like that playing with no fear is a good thing? Particularly a striker. If he was a centre half i'd be worried. But a striker....just go out and express yourself.

torchomatic

If he's good enough then he's old enough.

Put him on and say that the whole future of the club is riding on him when he steps on the pitch. Maybe he'll thrive on the pressure.

KersleyDigs

KingHarvest: I whole heartedly agree. Young strikers play with no fear, if a defender then very different, him and Clarke-Harris are good finishers. The only thing that young strikers struggle with usually in these situations is composure (in front of a bigger crowd) and staying onside against better defenders.

stupot07

If he's good enough then he's old enough.

Put him on and say that the whole future of the club is riding on him when he steps on the pitch. Maybe he'll thrive on the pressure.

But he's not been called up because he's good enough, he's been called up because we have too many injuries and he's the next forward in line......

I hope that if the young lad plays, he just goes out there and enjoys himself.

Lay off the lad, he'll have enough pressure getting his homework done in time for the game.

This would be funny if the future of our club wasn't on the line.

torchomatic

YEah, I know. I was just being stoopid.

I'm sure he'll be OK. The other young lads will give him the low down.

But he's not been called up because he's good enough, he's been called up because we have too many injuries and he's the next forward in line......

I hope that if the young lad plays, he just goes out there and enjoys himself.

Otis

I am hoping he will just be an option from the bench.

Best scenario is that we are 3-0 up with 15 mins to play and AT gives him a bit of game time.

Otis

I expect him to be released in the Summer. Seems to have gone well down the pecking order.

1nilandwe...

If Jeffers was good enough he'd have been playing since Christmas. He's obviously not. I think he'll be released too.

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought Jeffers had a 2 year contract? Releasing him would mean SISU paying some of that up, so no chance.

WillieStanley

Didn't he have a really torrid loan spell not so long ago? Apparently he was prolific for the academy. Shame!

Users who are viewing this thread