Bigi (1 Viewer)

Regis87

Below average today , made himself available but when ever he got the ball he would pass it to whoever was nearest him , no imagination , no feck all . Couldn't tackle and was out muscled off the ball . I would have been more creative today I am 45yrs old and only played semi pro but I am sure I could have done a better job today . Christie best player on the park today .

skybluegod

what are you on he played very well IMO he was great some good dribbiling and passing and always got into good positions!

Bigi does need to grow in confidence and experience. He shows he has the ability but is not quite confident enough yet. Will be a smashing player in a year or so but played well enough today to merit a 6 or 7.

rob9872

Lacked composure at crucial times but will learn loads from bigger games like today. Thought he did ok, never hid and looked abit more positive than his sideways crab style in previous games. Will become good if we don't crucify him and afford him the chance to make mistakes without being lambasted for them. Noce to see Cyrus given a decent ovation going off by the fans and staff after his head had understandably gone.

Grendel

Below average today , made himself available but when ever he got the ball he would pass it to whoever was nearest him , no imagination , no feck all . Couldn't tackle and was out muscled off the ball . I would have been more creative today I am 45yrs old and only played semi pro but I am sure I could have done a better job today . Christie best player on the park today .

A rather silly post. He didn't have the greatest game but look who he was up against and he does tend to flag in the final quarter. Tackling is a weakness but I suspect if you were playing Nolan and co may have found their task marginally easier....

J

Jack Griffin

He is just 18 mate! Realistically strength & stamina are going to be his weak suites. If he held on too long he'd probably get shoved off the ball.

shmmeee

Such an intelligent player watch where he goes after those "sideways balls" he open up space and creates triangles, some lovely insightful passes too. Flagged in the second half but so did almost everyone.

How about we give an 18 kid some praise FFS.

stupot07

Such an intelligent player watch where he goes after those "sideways balls" he open up space and creates triangles, some lovely insightful passes too. Flagged in the second half but so did almost everyone.

Exactly - there's been a few knocking Thomas as well.

I don't know what people expect from them? 50 yard defence splitting passes? to dribble the entire length of the field?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I thought he played very well, I would disagree with the creativity in the first half it seemed to me as if Gael was the only one trying to play through balls behind west ham defence.

SkyBlue

TBH, I think this was one of Bigi's least impressive games in a Sky Blue shirt, not that hat's a bad thing, I just don't think he match the high standards he's previously set for himself. He gave the ball away alot in the second half, one of which nearly led to a West Ham goal. He's still very young though and can only get better surely

Otis

No imagination? You serious? I recall at least two or three near brilliant defence splitting through balls into the West Ham penalty area that were inches away from hitting their target. Thought he showed loads of imagination and creativity yesterday.

Ohhand best player on the park was Connor Thomas. Christie did very well until his legs went but on the whole his crossing was dreadful which let him down slightly.

bamalamafizzfazz

I thought Bigi played well. My only criticism was his decisions on the ball on a couple of occasions like when we were on the break and he held the ball up and played the pass when he might have taken the ball forward himself. I thought he did his defensive duties very well too against someone who last season was playing for Real Madrid!

I don't think you can look past Hussey and McSheffrey for our best performers both didn't stop running and worked so hard for the team.

ccfcdan

Personally I thought all four of the young lads played superbly well. Pick of the bunch has to be Thomas,So composed on the ball looks like he's played at this level for years.People need to remember these lads were playing against international premiership quality players!
I'm extremely proud of the whole team. For the first time this season they have shown that they are a decent side. They need to believe in themselves more because we do have the makings of a decent side here. Keep the faith! PUSB

Frostie

Christie best player on the park today .

:confused:

One of his worst games in a City shirt & should have been subbed before his howler for their winner. Looks like he needs a rest to me but has been a rare ray of light this season.

speedie87

Bigi didnt have the best of games today. I'm certain Thomas will play Premiership football though.

completly agree, Thomas is the best youth player i've seen come through. Is big enough to play in the prem, has enough pace, good athlete, very good running style, glides across the pitch.
PLays with his head up, isn't afriad to but his foot in........is only going to get better and better............hoping over the coming months he starts to get more confident and starts making more runs into the oppoistion box, at the moment he just tends to hang back.

Liverpool are no mugs can see why they wanted him.

ps1948

I thought all of the team played well. Slight criticism of Bigi is that he tends to pass the ball on as quickly as he can, without taking a chance on running forward with it. And how anyone can blame Christie for the second goal is beyond me - he was just very unlucky - we will get a slice of luck sometime, and then might just kick on. Yesterday proved that we do have a fair bit of ability in the team - for long spells we outplayed a team chock-full of internationals.

Nonleagueherewecome

Bang on. His give-and-go is superb, his movement very swift, and he has very quick feet so that he adds tempo and dynamism to our passing. He broke up play with a few tackles that were frankly 70-30 balls-he went in hard but controlled, and although he didn't win the ball outright it usually broke loose and we often picked it up.

He gave it away a couple of times when trying to play a killer ball down the middle: so did Sammy. I saw this as a deliberate tactical adjustment-we were clearly trying to do some damage centrally rather than always passing the ball sideways, at last. Gael was imaginative in his passing and his first touch was superb. I loved the way he closed down all over the pitch, but still had the energy to get back to his position. At one point he did this on the right wing touchline, and still got back to close down on the left wing 20-30 seconds later! He was vital to helping Hussey deliver what for me was his best performance, and has clearly learnt how to play that role with Sammy behind him-rather than dropping in deep like he was early season.

He will never win a header 'cos he's tiny and he needs to work on his shooting. Other than that, he looks to be growing and learning in every game to me. One thing you'll always get from the lad is 100% effort and graft. Allied to no little skill and imagination, he will be one heck of a player. He's already an automatic pick for us IMO, AND HE'S JUST TURNED 18!

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought all of the team played well. Slight criticism of Bigi is that he tends to pass the ball on as quickly as he can, without taking a chance on running forward with it.

No, that's entirely deliberate and a good thing. Watch some videos of Liverpool in the 80's and you'll see what I mean. It's called "pass and move".

Users who are viewing this thread