Bigi signs (1 Viewer)

musicmanskyblue

I think it's a very good move.. I think the Northampton game showed us what happens with inadequate cover for Vincelot and Fleck..

tisza

I like the move.
1. it's a player we know.
2. It's proactive - not sitting back and having to react to situations hastily when things get out of hand.
i think this shows the difference between Mowbray and other recent managers who haven't had big club/higher league experience.
3. A bit more experience is probably needed to help balance out the obvious talent some of these younger loanees have.
These points also are true if we can get Turner back.

Adge

Didn't do it when he was here first time and I didn't see what all the fuss was about. Another in the line line of Academy players who never made the grade-mind you, Thorn was in charge at the time!

Sky Blue Harry H

My recollection of Bigi was an energetic player who liked to play simple balls, put his foot in and should, I think, offer decent cover for either Vince or Fleck.Strengthens our squad in my opinion.:) Got my half season ticket today> Happy days!

Gint11

Strange one when I heard it but we are soon to be entering the Xmas busy period so strength in depth is key especially as both fleck and vincelot get booked often. Hopefully
Kent returns but might not, for me thought Thomas needs to be sold now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4439

Interview on ccfc player -

- a "dream move"....

- "left Cov as a boy and has come back as a man"

- used to run around a lot but has learnt to use his head more

- looking forward to meeting up with some of the old lads (connor Thomas, madders)

- wants to be part of the team that returns to the Championship

- he's just here as another option for TM, but doesn't want to sit on the bench

- finally, have you got a message for the fans? "Yes, let's get promoted!"

Looked excited to be back, almost relieved in fact. When speaking of his time at Newcastle, he looked thoughtful, a bit hurt and sorrowful...

Last edited by a moderator:

Specs WT-R75

Lol @ some if the replies on here

Must mean turner not coming
Must mean cole is off
Must mean kent is not coming back

Ffs wait and see. Stop second guessing mowbray

Also....welcome back biggie! If we get turner too we are righting the wrongs of yesteryear lol

Next stop callum wilson?

We can give him a month to get fit for Bournemouth... why not - I am sure he would enjoy helping us seal promotion as long as he doesn't mind coming on as a sub for Armstrong... :)

67tuck

Cole could be released from Villa ( as he's obviously not fit to play consecutive games ) Sky Blues could sign him on a pay-as-you-deal free agent.. Leaving 5 loans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

Can't see Cole staying after Sunday now. Possibly Kent not returning? Strangest one yet!

I suspect more likely than not to be Cole, given he is the only one of our loan players that is on 1 month loan... I guess if Cole makes the squad on Saturday we will know one way or another.

ready_96

Good signing! Bring him on for flecky or vince towards the end of a game and he'll make an impact and should help see out games. Stop any repeats of swindon away....
Get turner in and confirm that kents here till january. Maddison's soon back, as is willis.... we're looking very good!

We get the loans signed on till end of the season and we have a very very good chance!

Fluffsta

Doesn't someone on here know Gael personally?

A friend of mine used to live next door to him and when he signed for Newcastle he gave her a shirt in a poster signed I believe. Then again I remember her posting about how he used to keep her up awake all night because Bigi was playing 'against the wall' all night against the side of her house.

Gazolba

Surely he would have to take a huge drop in wages to join us.

shmmeee

He belongs to some crazy branch of Christianity, he's probably not that bothered about the cash to be fair.

Captain Dart

SkyBlueScottie

As Mowbray said, its all about improving the quality in the squad. If we have better players than the rest then we should beat them. Bigi raises the quality in our midfield. Plus he absolutely loves the club.

Malaka

Quality manager
Loanees, playing well and developing nicely
Doing well in the league
All this means a better quality of player wanting to come here and get some exposure and experience
Win Win IMO

rupert_bear

Master piece of work by Tony Mowbray with Bigi and hopefully Ben Turner. Not only class acts but love the club too. Also shows if better players become available TM if he can won't hesitate to snap them up, no sympathy. That's why although i pray it doesn't happen should we lose Adam Armstrong at xmas i know Mowbray will have this covered, he may bring another striker in anyway. I was told the other week promotion is essential this season if we are to progress the way we are and want, whatever that may mean. Our last three signings Joe Cole, Gael Bigiramana and hopefully Ben Turner indicate to me a significant change in policy and direction. Just think where we were this time last season and the squad we had compared to now. Maddison to come back too.

Villa Park here we come !!

rupert_bear

I was also told a bit back that Joe Cole could be offered a coaching role here with the youth kids, don't know how true that is but would also be a signed on player too. Wait and see on that one.

Warwickhunt

Seems a strange one to be honest
3 matches in 7 days ! TM is managing the squad very carefully and signing Biggie now gives him the opportunity of covering vincelot,fleck, lameras & JOB to get over this period until end of December where we will be playing a lot of games on shit heaps of pitches as the weather draws into shite.:D
:thinking about:

Covstu

It has given us a bit more depth and still maintained quality so i am happy enough although if it was Bigi or Turner then i would have picked the latter.
The way TM has the 'clout' to organise deals like this is just fantastic.

Manchester_sky_blue

Maybe just wishful thinking but with Bigi signed on loan and a trialist defender playing in the last U21 game might suggest TM has identified a free transfer defender to plug the Reda gap. With Reda being out of contract in the summer it might make sense to get a new defender in on a permanent deal now.

Grendel

It's not a bad signing as such but I can't see how he's going to be getting in the team.

The hype around him was nonsense but I've always said he's a league one player so let's see how good a one he is.

ceetee

He does have talent and perhaps it might have been better for his development if he had stayed with us. We will see how much he has progressed. I don't see him as cover for holding midfield though. My memory is of a creative player rather than a defensive player. In fact i remember some poor defensive issues.

fernandopartridge

He does have talent and perhaps it might have been better for his development if he had stayed with us. We will see how much he has progressed. I don't see him as cover for holding midfield though. My memory is of a creative player rather than a defensive player. In fact i remember some poor defensive issues.
If creative means accurate sideways passing then yes, you're right.
Let's hope he's improved or does better in a different system because he wasn't great first time.

mark82

Replacement for Bryn Morris presumably. Good cover at this level. Can't see him ousting Fleck or Vincelot.

Bigi signs!

So...not sure if any of you chaps on here remember me saying he was signing in the summer?.. i mentioned it when we were close to signing the winger from Newcastle at the time too....anyway better late than never Bigi! PUSB!

Astute

Bigi signs!

So...not sure if any of you chaps on here remember me saying he was signing in the summer?.. i mentioned it when we were close to signing the winger from Newcastle at the time too....anyway better late than never Bigi! PUSB!

You told us he was joining in the summer yet you joined up in September? :thinking about:

Just looked at every post you have made. First time you have ever mentioned Bigi :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread