Bigi joins Motherwell (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Ah well no real loss, he was a luxury player. Don't get why people are so gutted about him leaving.

He couldn't pass forward and went missing a lot, peaked at Wembley alongside Kyle Reid.

He'd have been nice to have as an option, but much like his first spell he flattered to deceive

Astute

It was either 19 or 20 thousand a week for 3 years. He should be a millionaire.
A million isn't enough for someone of his age to retire on unless very careful. How much do you think he would spend a year? Has he looked after his family?

A million wouldn't even cover him for an average wage for the rest of his life. And that is without buying a property.

Brylowes

It's too late Grendels got his mechanical keyboard and abacus out now.
I paid a rare visit to the CT site earlier, Grendels been on there throwing grenades About like confetti
'Lol' and really upsetting the natives, I think it's his way of celebrating Biggi's departure.:emoji_hand_splayed:

hill83

I paid a rare visit to the CT site earlier, Grendels been on there throwing grenades About like confetti
'Lol' and really upsetting the natives, I think it's his way of celebrating Biggi's departure.:emoji_hand_splayed:

What do we know so far then?
5 things we have learned?
Anything recently opened within 45 minutes of Coventry?

Astute

Bit surprised, good riddance to him. Would have loved him to succeed after we showed faith in him when his career was dead in the water, shame he didnt repay us fans by staying.

2 seasons, 2 relegations as a permanent Coventry player. The bigirmana legacy.
Ah yes all the fault of Bigi :banghead:

Liquid Gold

A million isn't enough for someone of his age to retire on unless very careful. How much do you think he would spend a year? Has he looked after his family?

A million wouldn't even cover him for an average wage for the rest of his life. And that is without buying a property.
I'm not saying he needs to retire on it. All I'm saying is I doubt the wage offered by Motherwell is significantly different to the one offered by us and after all his talk of 'coming home' etc. it looks like a twatty move.

steve82

you ar eobssesed with manly men. maybe its why you like me so much.

bigi was awesome under robins. not just good,not just improved but awesome.

will never judge any player under slade. and before that i think it was more about bigi gettng match sharpness back and consistency

its a big loss imo and i just hope robins can replace him well.

Bigi was good under Robins in them last 10 games or so, and awesome at Wembley.

Not sure I agree with your comment about match sharpness given he played 23 league games, and a few fa cup games and checkatrade trophy games.

Surely he'd of found some form of consistency then in that spell rather than the last 10 games when hes coming out of contract and your agent is going to the telegraph, and saying he wants early talks with MR to see what his plans are with his player.

Maybe his agent has worked harder since march than Bigi did in them 27 or so games early in the season, after being Bigi's biggest plaudit in the telegraph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brylowes

What do we know so far then?
5 things we have learned?
Anything recently opened within 45 minutes of Coventry?
A bar is having a "drink the bar dry night".... would you like more details ;)
A bloke wanted his leg over in a train toilet....'I struggle to have a piss in there.
A gun was fired somewhere in Coventry.
Chaos at Birmingham airport.....
Not sure if the last two are linked though :emoji_thinking:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why do fans assume loyalty plays any part in contracts, they are doing a job and want to make as much as they can while able too, as we all do in our daily life. Also what we offered in wages were obviously not as much or as good in add ons as that what Motherwell offered, even with the relocation in play.

In football i don't look for morals, hero's or role models they are the just doing a job and would move if the money gives them stability after they finish. Unless you are of a certain age these things will bother you, if you are older its all business and most should understand and not get worked up over the reality of the game today.

That's fine

People accept that, at least players like Leon Clarke are upfront about it and make a career on receiving a a signing bonus every 12 months.

Just save us all the bs about how much you love the club and have returned home and what ever other nonsense comes out with, all it does is make fans more disappointed.

Sky Blue Kid

Anybody thought he might have been on a good wage at CCFC? And anybody thought Robins might want to free up those wages so got rid.

fernandopartridge

Why do fans assume loyalty plays any part in contracts, they are doing a job and want to make as much as they can while able too, as we all do in our daily life. Also what we offered in wages were obviously not as much or as good in add ons as that what Motherwell offered, even with the relocation in play.

In football i don't look for morals, hero's or role models they are the just doing a job and would move if the money gives them stability after they finish. Unless you are of a certain age these things will bother you, if you are older its all business and most should understand and not get worked up over the reality of the game today.
Funny how you're not bothered about morals but write so many words crying about SISU making the decision not to invest any more money into the club as if they're morally obliged.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Think the thing that annoys me is we never seem to have anyone come through and stay, I know he went but him coming back felt right last year and in those last 10 games he did well.

I just miss the days when there wasn't such a churn of players every year

I'll be proper gutted if George decks off too

Sky Blue Harry H

Let's all head to Chelmsley Wood shopping centre to sort out these arguments - I;lll be the one videoing it and sending it in to he CET.

Covstu

Slightly gutted to be honest, I was hoping he would stay. Seems. Strange move, I was expecting a league one club to take him but Motherwell is a bizarre move given he couldn't settle at Newcastle. Good luck to him

Chipfat

That's fine

People accept that, at least players like Leon Clarke are

Just save us all the bs about how much you love the club and have returned home and what ever other nonsense comes out with, all it does is make fans more disappointed.

In my opinion if you start to believe players in the game you are a mug. Even managers spout it, our very own MR has sky blue blood you know!!! Well until he later seen the green colour and bigger potential in the club that came his way days after.

It's business no love, loyalty or morals, so when they talk take no notice is my way of thinking about players, managers or even owners.

Last edited:

Astute

I'm not saying he needs to retire on it. All I'm saying is I doubt the wage offered by Motherwell is significantly different to the one offered by us and after all his talk of 'coming home' etc. it looks like a twatty move.
So you think that Division 4 is on a par with the Scottish Prem?

I bow to your greater knowledge of Scottish football although my eldest lad is a STH for Motherwell :rolleyes:

Astute

That's fine

People accept that, at least players like Leon Clarke are upfront about it and make a career on receiving a a signing bonus every 12 months.

I enjoy my job. But if I could maybe treble my wages or more I would consider changing jobs. And I moved my family 200 miles for this one. That was also a job that I enjoyed and thought I would be there until retirement or they got rid of me.

BobbyDazzler

No, I am saying it doesn't influence what he does on the pitch during matches or alter my opinion on the football side of things. I don't doubt he is religious.

Because he is religious and from Burundi it doesn't instantly mean he can get away with bad performances that he had the first 2/3 of the season before he started to improve.

If it was Kiel Reid turning on the performances for Wembley and leading up to it and because his contract was coming to an end it would have been a different story.

Why even mention praying? I think it's because Coventry is his adopted home and he clearly loves the club that people are perhaps more forgiving of his poor games. He's left because the contract he was offered by Coventry was poor. He needs to earn what he can in what is a short career. Fair play to him.

Covstu

In my opinion if you start to believe players in the game you are a mug. Even managers spout it, our very own MR has sky blue blood you know!!! Well until he later seen the green colour and bigger potential in the club that came his way days after.

It's business no love, loyalty or morals, so when they talk take no notice is my way of thinking about players, managers or even owners.
Money and success can buy loyalty

SkyBlue_Bear83

I enjoy my job. But if I could maybe treble my wages or more I would consider changing jobs. And I moved my family 200 miles for this one. That was also a job that I enjoyed and thought I would be there until retirement or they got rid of me.
Congratulations?

Grendel

I did say a while ago he'd been offered terms but at a substantially reduced level.

It's odd a championship club or high flying league 1 club haven't moved for him judging by views on here.

Let's just have know more of this "he loves the club" tripe. No other club would have took him after Newcastle - we have - and off he toddles again.

AlansEyes

Disappointed by this one, I thought he would stay due to having a genuine affection for the club. Then again, he's now had two chances to leave and has left both times so I guess he hasn't quite got sky blue blood. Still, obviously makes sense for him on a financial level and I would imagine the draw of playing Celtic and Rangers is bigger than Stevenage and Forest Green.

On a sidenote, I'm always surprised at the delusion of some people. I noticed several comments on the CT story of people shocked that Motherwell is a bigger draw than City and this shows how far we have fallen. Motherwell has probably been a bigger draw since about 2003!

Astute

All I'm saying is there is a patter emerging, in the last 15 years we only get relegated when bigirimana is on permanent contract here. Coincidence?
And all the patter is coming from you.

So do you blame Bigi for us getting relegated?

Bet you would have blamed him if we would have lost at Wembley although he had a good game.

Grendel

Id guess he is only one of two players who've been relegated at this club twice in its history.

Users who are viewing this thread