Bigi impresses (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

would have been nice if thorn had played him inc entre mid consistently last year, just to see if he truly is as good as people think

i feel like we lost a gem that we didnt even unearth.

ashbyjan

Convinced Bigi will go on to be a real star and thanks yet again to SISU's mismanagement we have given him away for next to nothing. I just hope there are big future payments on appearances etc and big sell on clause. On top of real ability this kid has what other talents like Thornton lacked - intelligence, discipline, drive, hunger and a real inner steel to succeed.

No need. There's a dig at him in the thread already. ;)

Now two.

I invoke what will be known as 'Ginetta's Law':
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of an attack on Andy Thorn approaches".

Convinced Bigi will go on to be a real star and thanks yet again to SISU's mismanagement we have given him away for next to nothing. I just hope there are big future payments on appearances etc and big sell on clause. On top of real ability this kid has what other talents like Thornton lacked - intelligence, discipline, drive, hunger and a real inner steel to succeed.

Agreed.

I'd imagine they thought they'd cash in while they had the opportunity (ie. before they leave with their tales between their legs).

ashbyjan

Truth is that because our glorious owners do not intend to put a penny into the club the academy was actually going to shut had not Bigi been sold. The money has been put into the academy so they can keep producing one or two kids to be sold off. Would be nice to see us producing players for success on the pitch not just on the balance sheet- we are fast becoming the new Crewe - thanks SISU great job.

Truth is that because our glorious owners do not intend to put a penny into the club the academy was actually going to shut had not Bigi been sold. The money has been put into the academy so they can keep producing one or two kids to be sold off. Would be nice to see us producing players for success on the pitch not just on the balance sheet- we are fast becoming the new Crewe - thanks SISU great job.

Is that true? They don't have the long-term future at heart that's for sure.

Ashbyjan is trying to pass his opinions off as fact.
For a start, it was apparent by team selections and formations that he didn't rate Bigi.
Secondly, what's the problem with developing youngsters and selling them on? This isn't a SISU-ism, believe it or not we've been doing it for years.

ashbyjan

ELC - have it on good authority that new academy players were put on very short contracts up to August as there was no certainty of the academy continuing.

So the future of the Academy and Club continues by bringing youngsters through and selling them is wrong? Its what we're about and have been for as long as I can remember. Being the new Crewe might just save us.

WeWillBeBack

The fact is that by the time this lad is 20 he'll be playing week-in week-out in the premier league. If he chooses to play for England, I think we'll see his next transfer fee closer to Andy Carrolls, if not exeeding it.

SkyBlueScottie

ELC - have it on good authority that new academy players were put on very short contracts up to August as there was no certainty of the academy continuing.

We sell Bigi, a couple of days later there is an article highlighting how our Academy maintains its level 2 status etc....

Bigi was sold to pretty much pay for the Academey, so I think its fair to say the above is true.

As for the article about Bigi, thats an article written by a fan hardly talk of the toon, yes he may well go on to be a great for whoever he plays but lets get a sense of perspective at the minute.

As for the article about Bigi, thats an article written by a fan hardly talk of the toon, yes he may well go on to be a great for whoever he plays but lets get a sense of perspective at the minute.

It was said in jest; but I have seen a few articles lauding him up there as well as seeing his impressive performance against Monaco and hearing the praise from the commentators who singled him out.

D

Deleted member 4232

It was said in jest; but I have seen a few articles lauding him up there as well as seeing his impressive performance against Monaco and hearing the praise from the commentators who singled him out.

Not to mention his game against olympiakos. My favorite Geordie observation of him so far has been
"Someone has managed to clone Tioté and remove the yellow card gene"

Reynolds_121

Hang on, a million pound for a player who looked poor for the majority of last season is very good business.

johnwillomagic

If our results in pre-season are not relevant than neither are Bigi's pre-season performances? I think it was not bad business and wish Bigi all the best but will have a wage he does not start 15 of Newcastle's league games this year....despite his world class pre-season friendly performances......

D

Deleted member 4232

If our results in pre-season are not relevant than neither are Bigi's pre-season performances? I think it was not bad business and wish Bigi all the best but will have a wage he does not start 15 of Newcastle's league games this year....despite his world class pre-season friendly performances......

He won't start infront of Tioté/Cabaye/Jonas/Vickiç and no one is saying he will.

ClarrieB

I agree with the first part of what you say but I think all performances have relevance the result usually follows performance - not always - but usually.

That said - I think Bigi has all the potential to go far. Normally I would say his move may be too early but under the current circumstances at our club his is better off moving to a professional setup. I think his is one of very few players at CCFC who displayed a real hunger and desire to do well.

Sky Blue 64

Bigi

Just went onto the link about Bigi........good read, and what really impressed me where the comments from Newscatle fans, their bannter between themselves, all good debateale stuff. No cynical comments, no insulting each other for their opinions and no attacking the manager.

We can only hopeour site could be like this.

Oh and by the way, glad to see that the sale of Bigi was Thorn's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macca

In the premier league, good manager, exciting football, can t understand why their forum is so friendly. Newcastle fans? Check them out when things aren t going so well

A new article.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2012/08/07/bigirimana-learning-quickly-from-two-of-newcastles-top-stars/

"If Bigirimana is as good as we think he is, he will be another tremendous buy for the club, and he could even be pushing the two Newcastle star players for a first team place late in the season.

As outlandish as that seems, the youngster has looked so good in Newcastle’s colors since coming on board, he could soon become a big big star at Newcastle."

:eek: We all know he's talented but I don't think he's got the physique to battle it out in the Prem yet has he?

PVA

Kind of puts it into perspective really reading that latest story, about how he is learning off Yohan Cabaye in training, a guy who was playing Euro 2012. If he had stayed with us he'd be learning off Adam Barton :(

Nick

Administrator
He is quite small but I think if they could bulk him up and get that aggression into him he might do well. As a pro footballer he is obviously quite strong but comparing him to like Makelele or somebody they are still quite small but solid.

BigiBigiBigi!

Started last night's game and supposedly had 100% pass completion (can't say I was personally watching him THAT carefully) If he appears on the bench in the first few prem games and makes at least 1 start in the league this season I'd say we'd got ourselves a bargain! It seems like the other lads in the team have taken to him straight away and they are a good unit, if he performs well in training there won't be any fuss from them about him competing for a place. If he continues to learn from Tiote he could easily be a top player (and get a yellow card per game . . . )

_brian_

Started last night's game and supposedly had 100% pass completion (can't say I was personally watching him THAT carefully) If he appears on the bench in the first few prem games and makes at least 1 start in the league this season I'd say we'd got ourselves a bargain! It seems like the other lads in the team have taken to him straight away and they are a good unit, if he performs well in training there won't be any fuss from them about him competing for a place. If he continues to learn from Tiote he could easily be a top player (and get a yellow card per game . . . )

100% completion, but he only passed the ball once!!! LOL!!!

ccfcway

good luck to the lad and i hope he does really well and enjoys any success that comes his way...

but i can honestly say i dont give a sh1te about him now...

Users who are viewing this thread