Biggest Sky Blue support since? (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Coventry City v Liverpool, 10 May 1977
Score0-0
CompetitionLeague Division One
Attendance38,032

Coventry City v Arsenal, 24 October 1970
Score3-1 to ArsenalCompetitionLeague Division One Attendance30,017

Last edited:
H

Harry Grout

I remember the Forest game in 1978 stood on the corner between West Terrace and Main Stand, right under the floodlights, about 38,000 in the ground. Saw 2 or 3 young lads about 10ft up the floodlights hanging on for grim death followed by a coppers riot stick round the back of the legs when they wouldn't come down. Something like 'f**k off copper' had been their original reply.

deanocity3

I remember the Forest game in 1978 stood on the corner between West Terrace and Main Stand, right under the floodlights, about 38,000 in the ground. Saw 2 or 3 young lads about 10ft up the floodlights hanging on for grim death followed by a coppers riot stick round the back of the legs when they wouldn't come down. Something like 'f**k off copper' had been their original reply.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/media/43-Coventry-0-Forest-0

CCFC_GT

I was there. Sunday lunch time game because of .the energy crisis. My first game. I cant remember the IRA stuff but it was on the back of James McDade and the Birmingham Pub bombings I guess.

The replay at the baseball ground was around 31000

Then next round it was qpr with something like 30000 crowd?

Derby in the FA Cup in 1974 was also my first city game, and as i recall, because of religious objections, city couldn't charge admission so you had to buy a programme instead for the price of a ticket, around 50p? Up to that point i had always been a Chelsea fan but got persuaded to go by a bunch of city-supporting mates from school. I was totally blown away with the huge 41k crowd and atmosphere at HR and that was the game that got me hooked on city for life. Lets hope the atmosphere of a rocking full house against Crewe next Tuesday in the JPT has the same effect on some of the almost fans.

Users who are viewing this thread