Big up Barton (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Thought he was excellent yesterday when he came on after being moved deeper. When he first came on he was getting stick off ppl around me and I was defending him saying we just need to swap him and Daniels and play Barton deeper cus he can pass, Daniels can't.
Pressley went one better and moved moussa up top and Barton deeper and then he got us playing. He really added some pace to our play we, we were suddenly able to switch the ball quicker allowing both full backs to get in one on situations.

He reminds me of tom huddlestone in that he's not quick but speeds a team up due to his passing

ps1948

Yes, the big difference came when Barton moved back into midfield, and he played his part in the massive improvement in the last quarter of the game. I too. like Barton, but don't know exactly how he fits into the plan!
As for Billy Daniels, he grew in confidence, and his protection of the left side of the midlfield allowed Blair Adams the freedom to wreak havoc in the last quarter as well. He also played the best 2 passes of the poor first half, spraying the ball wide to Cyrus Christie.....

LJC_CCFC

There is a real footballer in Barton and he showed it yesterday, you just feel mentally he hasn't got over that leg break, hence why he has yet to get a regular place in the team as he is a better player than both Thomas and Daniels

skybluegod

Yep fair play to the lad. There is no doubt about his ability it's just he needs to find consistency. He will never win some over no matter how good he plays. But without him yesterday we would have been out IMO. He did the simple things well always picked the right pass and moved it quickly. He even got stuck in a couple times and jumped for headers I think he needs to be given time in the team to get over that leg break.

M&B Stand

He's sat on the bench, not complained. Came in when required and done a job for the team. As good a technical player as we've got and a calming influence.

Not gonna storm up and down the field all day it's not his game. He could do with being a bit more vocal as he seems to read the game well. All good squads need players like him.

covboy9

There is a real footballer in Barton and he showed it yesterday, you just feel mentally he hasn't got over that leg break, hence why he has yet to get a regular place in the team as he is a better player than both Thomas and Daniels

good comment that, guy has lots of ability but isnt mentally over his injury, hes different sort of player to thomas tho, i dont think there is a harder working player in the league than thomas

elephanttears

Give the lad some confidence he will be a different player, Pressgod lol obviously sees something in him. How many times has a player been slated then turned out to be something. I remember Jordan Henderson getting laughed at in the pub by my mates but no one is laughing now. Belief.

Hobo

Obviously got a lot of qualities. Needs a run in the team to gain confidence and find some consistency. Well worth his place in the squad.

stupot07

I think he fits in like this in a 4-1-4-1

Barton
Baker Thomas fleck moussa
Clarke

Problem is fleck isn't a box to box player and likes to play in the deeper position. It's ok if changes need to be made during a game but I can't see it working as a plan A. That's pretty much the formation that failed towards the end of last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

runner

Sorry to be controversial ... but I don't see any real talent in this lad, really don't, was there yesterday and I didn't see anything yesterday either. Whilst I agreed that the new kid did need to come off, since he was overwhelmed a little and clearly not match fit, I felt his introduction merely left us playing with 10 men. If the previous poster is right, I'll be glad to offload him.

Users who are viewing this thread