Big Reda (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Just wondering if Reda has played this many games in a row before?

H

Huckerby

Probably hasn't trained since he signed a new deal ☺

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

Probably not.

He is my favorite Cov player. He is a giant at the back and yes he has his faults (injuries and crazy at times) but for our budget and realistic ambitions he was a great signing for this league and for us.

eastwoodsdustman

Burton players were scared stiff of him yesterday. There must have been 10 headers that went unchallenged when their players could have gone for them against Reda.
I actually thought at one point that they may have been told to drop off and let him win the header so that they could pick up the second ball.

covcity4life

wonder what juggernaught thought of reda yesterday? he hates him

he was brillaint vs burton, my only issue is that he doesnt need to be pushing into midfield areas in final 15mins when we are winning.

Chipfat

I think all his niggles and complaints will go away if he thinks the club are heading in the right direction.. Also with a manager that understands his need for rest and is more understanding of how to control a dressing room he maybe lasting a few more games than his normal 20 a season.

covcity4life

where are all the fans that didnt want him to sign and said good riddance? i wish i could be arsed to go look up their usernames.

Hobo

where are all the fans that didnt want him to sign and said good riddance? i wish i could be arsed to go look up their usernames.

I wasn't bothered whether he signed or not. He is a great threat at corners and set pieces, however his positional play is questionable and he is very clumsy defensively.

however on a positive note, I hope Mowbrays experience as a central defender and a coach can develop him. Although he is one of our experienced players I still don't think he is the finished article. I really hope we see a different player come the end of the season. Potentially a huge player for us.

CJ_covblaze

I wasn't bothered whether he signed or not. He is a great threat at corners and set pieces, however his positional play is questionable and he is very clumsy defensively.

however on a positive note, I hope Mowbrays experience as a central defender and a coach can develop him. Although he is one of our experienced players I still don't think he is the finished article. I really hope we see a different player come the end of the season. Potentially a huge player for us.

Agree with this. Use him in the right way and try to calm him down & we're on to a winner.

Juggernaut

If he has an average game he gets a 7 or 8 on here which is total bollocks. On his day, yes he's a beast. But the guy will cost us goals, he's far too erratic.

Anyone else see when Tudgay had a free header in the last couple of minutes? Johnson just flew from nowhere and completely smashed his own man from behind, he's nuts, he's just attracted to the ball all the time and puts us in constant danger. A good league one defender, nothing more. The overreatcion for him is pretty hilarious.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

If he has an average game he gets a 7 or 8 on here which is total bollocks. On his day, yes he's a beast. But the guy will cost us goals, he's far too erratic.

Anyone else see when Tudgay had a free header in the last couple of minutes? Johnson just flew from nowhere and completely smashed his own man from behind, he's nuts, he's just attracted to the ball all the time and puts us in constant danger. A good league one defender, nothing more. The overreatcion for him is pretty hilarious.

Spot on.

Kamikaze a lot of the time, fine if you're chasing the game in the last 10 mins but when you're in control like we have been this season no need to charge out with it or try and win 20/80 and be out of position.

Yes on his day he can be unplayable and a superb asset at set pieces but you would think he was Maldini.

L1 is his level because his craziness isn't punished too much.

Hoping the presence of Ricketts would chill him out but yet to see it!

shmmeee

He's good for League 1. We are in League 1. Therefore he's good for us. Plus without him who would be a real threat from set pieces?

Grendel

He is at best a league one player. His defending leaves a lot to be desired. He's a presence and he's ok but what irks some I suspect is the giving him ridiculous over the type ratings after he has had a predictably erratic game.

The last home game he was appalling.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

He is at best a league one player. His defending leaves a lot to be desired. He's a presence and he's ok but what irks some I suspect is the giving him ridiculous over the type ratings after he has had a predictably erratic game.

The last home game he was appalling.

Southend game was Reda in a nutshell scored so his shocking defensive performance is forgotten about!

ccfctommy

I don't mind Reda. He can be solid when he's defending and he will always chip in with a goal now and then but it's all the other stuff that annoys me and makes me have heart attacks.

Like when he starts dribbling the ball up the pitch getting out of position. Or when he manhandles player and throws them to the floor.

He is what he is. A stopper. He isn't John Terry.

maddog

How many games have we lost with Reda in the Team? Even taking into account Worcester, his record is staggering. Why do you think Mowbray chased him so relentlessly?

Sick Boy

I agree. He is a decent player for this level but the hero worship and near cult status he is given is a joke and makes us look tinpot.

Sick Boy

How many games have we lost with Reda in the Team? Even taking into account Worcester, his record is staggering. Why do you think Mowbray chased him so relentlessly?

Omg.

We are lucky to have him. Aside from the last 10 years, he is a Premier League player. We are lucky to have such a quality player playing for us.

Squarks

Plays with heart, 100% commitment and is an absolute beast. Scores a lot (for a defender), rarely (if ever) loses a challenge and galvanises both team and crowd - therefore imo worthy of cult status.

Who comes close in recent years? Nobody since Mo.

Sick Boy

Plays with heart, 100% commitment and is an absolute beast. Scores a lot (for a defender), rarely (if ever) loses a challenge and galvanises both team and crowd - therefore imo worthy of cult status.

Who comes close in recent years? Nobody since Mo.

.....and then some complain that we are an average league 1 club.

SkyBlue_Bear83

League record with Johnson
Played 26
Won 12
Drew 10
Lost 4
46 points

Includes defeat against Scunthorpe where he was sent off, including 2-2 draw v Leyton Orient where he was subbed off after 5 minutes and 2-2 draw against Rochdale where he was subbed off injured after 45 minutes.

Astute

League record with Johnson
Played 26
Won 12
Drew 10
Lost 4
46 points

Includes defeat against Scunthorpe where he was sent off, including 2-2 draw v Leyton Orient where he was subbed off after 5 minutes and 2-2 draw against Rochdale where he was subbed off injured after 45 minutes.

Not bad considering how we did last season.

Johnnythespider

I like him, heart on his sleeve player, yes he makes rash challenges but I reckon there would be plenty in this league who would take him if they could. So for this league he'll do for me and more importantly he'll do for Mowbray.

ccfctommy

I agree. He is a decent player for this level but the hero worship and near cult status he is given is a joke and makes us look tinpot.

Those types of players are Cult Heroes though. Konjic, Johnson etc. There's probably more.

Are those players better than Scott Dann, Davenport, Richard Wood or even McPake? No.

covcity4life

a good league 1 defender....

we are in league 1....

the only overreaction is yours towards him.

Users who are viewing this thread