Big numbers for Port Vale (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Coventry City could have a following of more than 4,000 – their biggest of the season by far – when Steven Pressley’s men travel to Port Vale this Saturday.

The Sky Blue Army have already snapped up in the region of 2,300 and another 500 tickets have been sent to the club on top of the 500 Vale sent to City after the initial 1,500 allocation was sold out.

And Valiants owner and Cov Kid Norman Smurthwaite, whose family will be among a strong City following in the boardroom, says the club can accommodate just over 4,000 if the demand is there to see Pressley’s free-flowing outfit take on Micky Adams’s side.

“Our away stand takes 4,500 but we have to hold 10 per cent back for security purposes so we could see just over 4,000 on Saturday,” said the multi-millionaire businessman who used to have a season ticket at Highfield Road.

dongonzalos

If this was relative and as a direct result of performances this season.

Hypothetically what do people think the attendance would have been at the next Ricoh match. Following another good performance.

15k?

dongonzalos

When people have worked out financial loses fir ticket sales from moving to six fields over the Ricoh
I think most have done it on an average 10 k attendance.

I would guess with SP's style of football and results. 15 k average would be a fair guesstimate.

So possibly another 33% worse financial loss in revenue from SISU by choosing to go to Sixfields.

I have no idea how much that is but I am sure OSB would have an estimate.

Could have been a contribution to building the new stadium for them.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Exceptional support again. Would be great if we doubled sixfields' average attendance.

sky blue john

I wondering whether the atmosphere will be better at Port Vale with 4000 + sky blue fans or better at sixfields with 1500 ?

ccfcmustang

There will be trouble at vale I know that much, still very much looking forward to it though. 2-0 city win. MICKY ADAMS SKY BLUE ARMY :eek:

lewys33

would love to be going saturday but money is tight this month :( too many people making babies around christmas/new year results in a poor september :(

skybluelee

When people have worked out financial loses even at six fields over the Ricoh
I think most have done it on an average 10 k attendance.

I would guess with SP's style of football and results. 15 k average would be a fair guesstimate.

So possibly another 33% worse financial loss in revenue from SISU by choosing to go to Sixfields.

I have no idea how much that is but I am sure OSB would have an estimate.

Could have been a contribution to building the new stadium for them.

And still the FL allow the charade to continue despite Greg Dyke (??) being quoted as saying they had to grant the ground share because SISU couldn't afford the rent at the Ricoh and we would therefore have been unable to honour our fixtures.

And now we're in a situation where SISU will lose an estimated extra £5M per year at Shitfields than they would have at the Ricoh, absolutely no evidence exists of moving forward with the new stadium, 10,000 Coventry supporters are being denied the opportunity to watch their club play, and the FL still don't appear to be batting an eyelid.

It is an absolute complete and utter fucking disgrace.

fernandopartridge

Absolutely no evidence to support an average gate of 15k at the Ricoh. We struggled for 14k against Shrewsbury last season in the midst of a great run over the Christmas period.

RoboCCFC90

Can't wait for this weekend it's been too long since I seen the lads play st Shrewsbury!

Stevec189

Think half as many again is over the top. Might have added a couple of thousand to gate. We have just got to stay away from Sixfields and hope the idiot(s) in charge come to their senses! #PUSB #NOPM

dongonzalos

Absolutely no evidence to support an average gate of 15k at the Ricoh. We struggled for 14k against Shrewsbury last season in the midst of a great run over the Christmas period.

Think you made the point with that one really.

We didn't struggle, we did get 15k and it was only against Shrewsbury.

We were not the highest scorers in the division.

dongonzalos

Think half as many again is over the top. Might have added a couple of thousand to gate. We have just got to stay away from Sixfields and hope the idiot(s) in charge come to their senses! #PUSB #NOPM

To be fair I think those who were estimating 10 k were lowering it to make the point how much we would lose with only a 10k average.

I would have estimated a 12 k average without this style of successful football

I wondering whether the atmosphere will be better at Port Vale with 4000 + sky blue fans or better at sixfields with 1500 ?

John, it should be, the Hamil Road end has great acoustics, get a few hundred in there and it sounds like a 1000. The stand is quite shallow and has a couple of roof supports and the scoreboard, that is housed in the roof, that can obscure the view. I'm not sure if it's unreserved seating or if you generally sit where you like but get there early so you can pick your seat.

shropshirecov

Coventry City could have a following of more than 4,000 – their biggest of the season by far – when Steven Pressley’s men travel to Port Vale this Saturday.

The Sky Blue Army have already snapped up in the region of 2,300 and another 500 tickets have been sent to the club on top of the 500 Vale sent to City after the initial 1,500 allocation was sold out.

And Valiants owner and Cov Kid Norman Smurthwaite, whose family will be among a strong City following in the boardroom, says the club can accommodate just over 4,000 if the demand is there to see Pressley’s free-flowing outfit take on Micky Adams’s side.

“Our away stand takes 4,500 but we have to hold 10 per cent back for security purposes so we could see just over 4,000 on Saturday,” said the multi-millionaire businessman who used to have a season ticket at Highfield Road.

Is it now mandatory that league one clubs must net off a certain number of seats for safety/security reasons?

Sorry son you're not coming in.

"But there's empty seats in there?"

it's health & safety, now move away before you get a banning order

Astute

Yet when SISU first took us over the worst attendance of the season was 14,000 against Scunthorpe and the best attendance was 28,000 against Wolves. Yet you say ACL are to blame as much as SISU.

fernandopartridge

Yet when SISU first took us over the worst attendance of the season was 14,000 against Scunthorpe and the best attendance was 28,000 against Wolves. Yet you say ACL are to blame as much as SISU.

What's your point, caller?

My post was about the likelihood of Coventry City fans supporting their team in such numbers at this level. There isn't any evidence, based on last season, to suggest that an average gate of 15k will be achieved.

And yes, I don't blame ACL for the drop in gates at the Ricoh, as far as I can see this is down to SISU or more specifically their decision to appoint Chris Coleman, then Aidy Boothroyd and finally Andy Thorn as managers. The gates dropped by a quarter while still in the Championship.

M&B Stand

Wish I was going Saturday but went to Ukraine last week and skint. proper old school football away day, probably 3500+ City, plenty of decent boozers, pay on the door, big old fashioned away end with low roof, it'll be a good atmosphere.

Ashdown1

Multi millionaire owner, Cov City supporter.....................Why haven't we got a boardroom full of these types of people?! Although lets be honest we did have a few from the locality in days gone by and they left us up shit creek without a paddle and made us ripe for a takeover by a deluded hedge fund !

Astute

What's your point, caller?

My post was about the likelihood of Coventry City fans supporting their team in such numbers at this level. There isn't any evidence, based on last season, to suggest that an average gate of 15k will be achieved.

And yes, I don't blame ACL for the drop in gates at the Ricoh, as far as I can see this is down to SISU or more specifically their decision to appoint Chris Coleman, then Aidy Boothroyd and finally Andy Thorn as managers. The gates dropped by a quarter while still in the Championship.

What's your point caller?

When we do well we normally get a higher gate. 10k in Coventry isn't out of the question. When was the last time we were playing well and scoring lots of goals? The better we are doing the more we have always brought in. It would be exciting times if we were playing in Coventry........would you like to disagree with this?

beatbox

Wish I was going Saturday but went to Ukraine last week and skint. proper old school football away day, probably 3500+ City, plenty of decent boozers, pay on the door, big old fashioned away end with low roof, it'll be a good atmosphere.

Another return of Lee Hughes should add a bit more spice to the atmosphere as well

shmmeee

What's your point caller?

When we do well we normally get a higher gate. 10k in Coventry isn't out of the question. When was the last time we were playing well and scoring lots of goals? The better we are doing the more we have always brought in. It would be exciting times if we were playing in Coventry........would you like to disagree with this?

Last season under Robins? Aside from holiday games out attendance fluctuated between 9 and 11k, rarely to do with form.

Our biggest gate was New Years Day with a little over 13500 home fans. At which point we were flying and 5 points off the playoffs.

The next game (admittedly after 2 losses) was 9200 home fans. The last home game before that (22nd Dec - arguably a holiday game) 11600 and before that 9900.

The range changes each season depending on the league, but unless its a big hyped game we don't really turn out more than a thousand or so each way over the season IMO.

CCFC88

Wolves took 4461, did they not have security measures that day?

steveo1987

And still the FL allow the charade to continue despite Greg Dyke (??) being quoted as saying they had to grant the ground share because SISU couldn't afford the rent at the Ricoh and we would therefore have been unable to honour our fixtures.

And now we're in a situation where SISU will lose an estimated extra £5M per year at Shitfields than they would have at the Ricoh, absolutely no evidence exists of moving forward with the new stadium, 10,000 Coventry supporters are being denied the opportunity to watch their club play, and the FL still don't appear to be batting an eyelid.

It is an absolute complete and utter fucking disgrace.

You are not being denied watching city.Simply drive,go on a train or go on a bus and you will be able to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread