Big changes ahead this week (1 Viewer)

BigCsCheesyGrin

Okay, i hate threads like these and i know i'll be shot down e.t.c but i have just been told that there are going to be major changes afoot this week ,with 4 players leaving and 4 players coming in. I have no more information than this i.e do not know who the players are. I cannot divulge my source but they are connected directly to ccfc (and isn't from old Jock who sits in the bookies stinking of special brew reeling off stories created in his addled mind). A bit vague (well very vague actually) but i don't post to get attention, purely what i have been told. If true then my source is accurate. If not then it'll just go down as another thread detailing bullshit rumours, of which there are many.
Cheers

Clingan and maybe cranie i can see going, but 4 in one window, when we've just hit some half decent form? Hope even SISU aren't that stupid, but we'll see i suppose.

Chipfat

Wood, Macpake, Rod and Clingan would be 4 players i could see leaving i would say Craine but i cant see them letting 3 df going...

BigCsCheesyGrin

I agree it sounds unlikely considering the lack of activity bringing in players over the past few years, but theres nothing to be gained by the source telling me the info he had so be interesting to see how the week pans out.

Otis

I would guess at ROD, McPake, Cranie and Clingan. McPake wants away and Cranie and Clingan are out of contract in the Summer anyway. ROD is not even close to being of Championship standard.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was 4 out but only 2 or 3 in.

J

Jack Griffin

ROD please get rid, he is decent at Lge One level, but not good enough for Coventry City, someone must want him.
McPake doesn't want away, but the manager seems to want him to go, he didn't make bench yesterday, but a semi-fit Wood was there, so that tells me something.

shmmeee

Looking at our squad we have:

3 GK
2 RB
2 LB
5 CB
2 DM
4 CM
1 AM
4 ST

We really need a Platt style player, another midfielder and an AM.

We could probably lose Clingan and get another DM too.

So say Clingan, McPake, ROD sold and someone like Jeffers out on loan and a DM, CM, AM and ST in would do me.

Okay, i hate threads like these and i know i'll be shot down e.t.c but i have just been told that there are going to be major changes afoot this week ,with 4 players leaving and 4 players coming in. I have no more information than this i.e do not know who the players are. I cannot divulge my source but they are connected directly to ccfc (and isn't from old Jock who sits in the bookies stinking of special brew reeling off stories created in his addled mind). A bit vague (well very vague actually) but i don't post to get attention, purely what i have been told. If true then my source is accurate. If not then it'll just go down as another thread detailing bullshit rumours, of which there are many.
Cheers

:slap: More rumours. Can we not just enjoy yesterday's win and the air of positivity about the place?

wingy

Don't forget Keogh to West Ham ,i mentioned it a couple of days ago,and Thorns friday article kind of prepared the ground ,stating there maybe more to go if theres a big offer ,as he apart from the kids is the only one left with any value,but who knows we'll see ,also heard more boardroom shuffles to come ,don't expect IGwe to do the London meeting,again we will see.

@richh87

Don't forget Keogh to West Ham ,i mentioned it a couple of days ago,and Thorns friday article kind of prepared the ground ,stating there maybe more to go if theres a big offer ,as he apart from the kids is the only one left with any value,but who knows we'll see ,also heard more boardroom shuffles to come ,don't expect IGwe to do the London meeting,again we will see.

I'm not ashamed to say that if Richard Keogh goes I will cry like a little girl.

F*** you SISU you scum.

johnwillomagic

As I said in an earlier thread we have a silimilar resource in terms of numbers and wage bill to the majority of the championship sides.

Therefore given our financial plight not unresonable to expect numbers have to move out before more move in now.

If we could lose players like Rod, Clingan & McPake I think it would be desirable only of course if we could get the same number of fresh faces in who are at same level or ideallt better! We will see.

Desperately do not want to lose Keogh but unfortunately have to realise every player has a price! Cannot see this one happening though unless the offer is a real knokout one in terms of value for Keogh I would class this as being £2.5m plus given our reliance on him.

Grendel

I dont see keogh going anywhere. Even sisu are waking up to the fact relegation will not be such a good idea. I can't see 4 going but Mcpake is certain to leave and clingan will if he wants to. I can't see cranie going as well as Mcpake. I woulnt be surprised to see McDonald go if he is fit enough. The player who would be best to leave is Eastwood if the wages are used on a short term signing elsewhere but who would want him. Perhaps he fancies himself as a center half after that idiotic challenge near the end.

@richh87

As I said in an earlier thread we have a silimilar resource in terms of numbers and wage bill to the majority of the championship sides.

Therefore given our financial plight not unresonable to expect numbers have to move out before more move in now.

If we could lose players like Rod, Clingan & McPake I think it would be desirable only of course if we could get the same number of fresh faces in who are at same level or ideallt better! We will see.

Desperately do not want to lose Keogh but unfortunately have to realise every player has a price! Cannot see this one happening though unless the offer is a real knokout one in terms of value for Keogh I would class this as being £2.5m plus given our reliance on him.

Sorry mate, I think our wage bill must be one of, if the THE, lowest in the Championship.

The SISU arseholes won't even let us employ a fitness coach.

Grendel

Can you prove we have the lowest wage bill in the league or are you once again purely speculating as usual to suit an argument. Why not offer proof?

johnwillomagic

You'd be surprised sw88 - Clingan, Crainie, Eastwood, Wood, McPake, Bell, Baker, McSheff
all will not be on tuppence hapenny a week.

We are definitely not on the lowest wage bill in championship I guarantee you that!

Grendel

Eastwood is not on tuppence or the clubs who wanted him would have bought him. He was the first sisu signing on a 4 year deal from wolves. Don't be silly same with cranie and clingan.

wingy

The vagueries of the english language ,TARMACING ,its a difficult one ,its going have to be ASHPHELTING in future for me,i may have spelt it wrong ,but it just did'nt look right wthout the H

skyblue_rich

Clive eakin mentioned McDonald yesterday and said that he could be a great player next year, if he is still here. I expect clingan, cranie, McDonald and RoD to go. Think Freddie has been too talked up in CET to be sold

BigCsCheesyGrin

:slap: More rumours. Can we not just enjoy yesterday's win and the air of positivity about the place?

My post wasn't intended to cause negativity. I enjoyed yesterdays win as much as anyone (bad head now e.t.c)and have enjoyed this morning parading around Coventry wearing my free Richard Keogh mask, being lavished with freebies....However, i for one think new blood into the team is a good thing, and have no issues should ROD, Eastwood, Mcpake, Cranie and Clingan move on...I think yesterday proved that if changes have to be made to the team due to players moving on, it won't always be a negative thing. After all, the majority of the team are players that got is into the god awful situation in the first place...so let them move on and lets start building a team that the City fans are proud of and are entertained by.

I believe Coventry have a higher wage bill than Barnsley, Crystal Palace, Doncaster, Millwall and Watford - I do not believe we are the lowest wage bill in the division.

My post wasn't intended to cause negativity. I enjoyed yesterdays win as much as anyone (bad head now e.t.c)and have enjoyed this morning parading around Coventry wearing my free Richard Keogh mask, being lavished with freebies....However, i for one think new blood into the team is a good thing, and have no issues should ROD, Eastwood, Mcpake, Cranie and Clingan move on...I think yesterday proved that if changes have to be made to the team due to players moving on, it won't always be a negative thing. After all, the majority of the team are players that got is into the god awful situation in the first place...so let them move on and lets start building a team that the City fans are proud of and are entertained by.

Fair enough. It is just a bit depressing at times reading all of the negativity on the forum - SISU this and that, Hoffman will save the day, etc.

I agree entirely - let's forget the off-field stuff for now, and concentrate on the football. It would be nice to see another face or two during the loan window.

ccfcdan

Anyone that tries to sign Clingan on the cheap should have to take Odonovan too. Thats the only way we will get rid of that useless tool.

shmmeee

I'd sell Keogh, we've got right backs and center backs coming out of our ears. One player does not make a club and Wood and Cranie is more than good enough for the rest of the season. If someone offered us over a million I'd snap their hands off.

Nonleagueherewecome

You'd be surprised sw88 - Clingan, Crainie, Eastwood, Wood, McPake, Bell, Baker, McSheff
all will not be on tuppence hapenny a week.

We are definitely not on the lowest wage bill in championship I guarantee you that!

Well I'm glad that the club accountant is here to put me straight but, sorry, I think we are-and by some distance.

@richh87

Well I'm glad that the club accountant is here to put me straight but, sorry, I think we are-and by some distance.

It's certainly one of the lowest. There is no way the numerous academy players who make up a big chunk of our squad are on big money.

I find it unbelievable that there are people out there fighting SISU's corner.

Nonleagueherewecome

I believe Coventry have a higher wage bill than Barnsley, Crystal Palace, Doncaster, Millwall and Watford - I do not believe we are the lowest wage bill in the division.

No chance. The bloke who is apparently "in your side" said that Barnsley "blow us out of the water", for one. And Doncaster? :facepalm:

ajsccfc

I find it unbelievable how quickly someone can be twisted as being pro-SISU for the abhorrent crime of disagreeing.

Users who are viewing this thread