Bidwell (1 Viewer)

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Jake bidwell has done so so well at centre back - staking a claim to be in our starting back 3 next season. Great way to respond to the critics - fair play to him - the sort of defender that always puts his body on the line and fights for the badge

procdoc

Jake bidwell has done so so well at centre back - staking a claim to be in our starting back 3 next season. Great way to respond to the critics - fair play to him - the sort of defender that always puts his body on the line and fights for the badge
To be honest the stick some people have given him was unfair. He wasn’t that bad as left wingback, just took him a bit of time to settle in

Jamesimus

Yeah, he was pretty bad at left wing back in his first few games, but I recognised he'd only just set foot on our hallowed turf and now Robins-ball has taken over his soul he looks like a good player.

Also, he has looked good at LCB and looks like the kind of bloke that would try and sell your own shoes back to you after he'd just ripped them off your feet.

Saddlebrains

Still think we need to purchase a LWB

Bidwell can be the answer to our LCB issue without needing to resign JCS (who i do like and wouldn't say no to a return)

SBT

Defensively solid, but distribution was pretty poor today. Glad to have the extra emergency option at LCB, but for (at least) the third season in a row, we’re going into the season without an encouraging plan at LWB.

CDK

I'm still of the opinion he will be better still after a full pre season,and could be the 3rd of the trio of CBs if we miss out on JCS.But very very good today

Blind-Faith

Looks like he’s played his whole career at LCB. I would keep him there tbh, bring JCS in aswell and then go after an attacking LWB. Although I do realise I’m talking like I’m playing FM 😂

slowpoke

Despite what a few were saying when he first joined he was well thought of at Swansea was available on a free and a good acquisition just took a bit of time to get his match fitness up to speed.
Seems there’s a three in one player there,

ccfc1234

Bidwell looks decent at LCB and a different proposition than LWB. For me lacks the dynamic play to be a starting LWB in our formation. As cover absolutely. Depending on the Fadz, JCS contract talks might be a role he does more?

Briles

He was never a wingback he was a LB but so impressed with him filling in for JCS. His positioning and awareness is great. Just lacked pace for a LWB

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Still think we need to purchase a LWB

Bidwell can be the answer to our LCB issue without needing to resign JCS (who i do like and wouldn't say no to a return)
Ideally we could get JCS too. Too many positions in the team that don't have adequate back-up.

If nothing else it allows a bit of rotation so players don't get injured due to having to play so much.

Sky Blue Harry H

I like JCS, but have reservations about his ability to stay fit/uninjured. We cannot take risks with regard to that with the budget we will have at our disposal. Nothing is guaranteed when you buy a player, but I'd prefer a Callum O'Hare 'record' of appearances to a JCS when purchasing anyone.

Grendel

Grendel

Ideally we could get JCS too. Too many positions in the team that don't have adequate back-up.

If nothing else it allows a bit of rotation so players don't get injured due to having to play so much.

he’s injured too much

skybluesam66

he maybe a LWB - but in that position, he has showed nothing to show that he fits into our style of play ( some of that maybe fitness)
as a Centre back he has improved every game

Saying that with a limited squad, having first team players who can play comfortably in more than 1 position is not a bad thing

Grendel

Agreed, we should be actively looking to avoid players who end up on the injury table too much. We already have that with Kelly, Godden etc.

im surprised he’s nearly 25. He I assume was injured in his time at Birmingham as he rarely played in his second spell

shmmeee

im surprised he’s nearly 25. He I assume was injured in his time at Birmingham as he rarely played in his second spell

Dropped a lot I think but did have a couple of longish injuries too. He’s cleary made of glass, if we had the budget I’d have him but we can’t afford to sign a player who plays half a season.

Grendel

Dropped a lot I think but did have a couple of longish injuries too. He’s cleary made of glass, if we had the budget I’d have him but we can’t afford to sign a player who plays half a season.

especially as I’d assume wages would be fairly high. I’m still trying to get my head round Kelly being on around £8 grand a week

Users who are viewing this thread