Bid for Le Fondre (1 Viewer)

skyblue_rich

On twitter it says we are preparing a bid for alf. Normal I take rumours on twitter with a pinch of salt, but this one was posted by @Fourth_Official. He has been virtually spot on with transfer updates and bids before they have been announces throughout the summer. Wondering if this means Hoffman has taken over, since Sisu would not spend any money if they are looking to sell.

Nick

Administrator
I doubt Hoffman has taken over since yesterday? Apparently we had a bid turned down last week, could be that?

Gaz

So what does everyone think we will need to bid for ALF to get him ?

I thought he was up for grabs @ £500,000 but when I watch the football league show, there chatman was saying players not as good as him were going for £1.5m - £2m.

Now I know he isn't going to say anyone can have him for peanuts, but £1.5m - £ 2m is a hell of a lot of money for us.

I do hope we get him tho as he is just what we need.

He is a free agent at the end of this season so its very similar to Westwood is it not? He will go on a FREE at the end of this season thats for sure.

ccfc_Tom

In a situation where we need to take a gamble and as i've said before i reckon he'd be well worth 1mil, fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Gaz

Yes he is a free at the end of the season, but I would value him around £1m - £1.25m.

Just can't see where we are going to get that from.

skyblue_rich

Has anyone else heard anything from the CET, since a mate says they are running a story about how the Hoff has Agreed to buy the club and half the ground.

Gaz

I havn't heard anything like that yet.

I don't think the bid has been put in yet has it ?

J

Jack Griffin

When it is in the bag I'll believe it, but nice tip about @Fourth_Official, thanx.

rob9872

Looking at where we are and what's going on, let alone that he can probbaly earn more than we're offering in League 2, I doubt that he even wants to come.

skyblue_rich

I can only see him joining us, if sisu are not in charge. As many have said sisu don't care about on field matters at the moment.

rob9872

Planned takeover deal will probably be completed around deadline day so there is no possibility to flash the cash and they can blame SISU for our shortcomings on the park wit hthe promise of some investment in Januar. Things will have quietened down by then, we'll be doomed to L1 and they will talk about preparing for a promotion charge the following summer instead as an excuse for minimal investment to appease the fans :(

skyblue_rich

Unless they made a deal at/after the game, and Hoffman used the press interview after the game and said he would make a bid next week to keep his bid quiet for now. Or they agreed the deal in principle and buying le fondre is Hoffmans way to prove he has the funds

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I cant see us paying more than £1million. Also assume this will be made up of add ons rather than payment upfront (although its usually clubs who fleece us like this. Like the Sheffers deal. Bet we didnt get half as much as what was reported becauce of add ons. Probably had a clause that he had to make an England cap (which was never going to happen) before we get a payment)

ccfc2011

It's a risk we need to take we need a striker who can score goals

Gaz

Agree, we have to take risks on lower league players like this.
That's the only way we can get good players, just like Westwood Dann and Fox.

Perryccfc

Well there another account under name of @Agent_ITK and he has refuted fourth officials comment saying we made bid 2 weeks ago and Alf was due to come down for talks but decided not to, which ccfc were not happy about...???

Perryccfc

He's also said le fondre set to travel to ibrox on Tuesday to discuss personal terms. He seems pretty reliable :(

rob9872

After meeting Hoffman in Burton, perhaps the Ibrox meeting in Glasgow is out of the spotlight and is really with SISU representatives. They may have connecting flights from Glasgow Airports to Portugal and Canada :)

les_miserables

Not pre-judging this Le Fondre and his goal record at Rotherham is good, however i remember this will he won't he saga going on about Freddie Eastwood seemed to go on ages and also there weren't too many other takers. Not actually delivered our Fred has he.

Gaz

Unfortunately tho we are skint and have to take the odd risk in the transfer Market, just like we did with Westwood, Fox & Dann.

Let's just hope if he does come here that he turns out alright.

Hibbert

Takeovers can take months to sort out, I'd imagine ours will be pretty complexed aswell with the number of parties involved.

Paxman II

My god guys come on!
Have you been listening ffs? Just listen to you all. You make it up as you go along.

howzer

Banned
why take a 1 million pound risk though? there are plenty of decent strikers in non league let alone the 2 econd division,. 50 grand gets them?

Sub

Just can not see us bidding for anyone while the situation at the club is so bad, who is going to pay for him ? SISU will not want to spend any more (they have not got any money anyway) and why would hoffman buy a player for a club he does not own (yet?):thinking about: just think we are stuck with what we have untill all the off field problems are sorted :(:(

Macca

Sign of the times when we have 4 pages in a thread with us desperately convincing ourselves that we will buy a lower league strker:)

blueflint

i'm getting pissed off with all the talk of bids and takeovers and we cant afford alf garnett never mind lefondre

Users who are viewing this thread