Bid for Juke (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

No point in a swap as Burnley have no strikers - cannot see them letting Austin, Rodriquez or Patterson go. Teams in this division need 4 strikers (well all teams except us apparently)

skyblue_rich

I thought it was around 300k upfront, with add ons fees up to 1mil. Also wasn't it Everton who we owed money to so thats y we had an embargo put on

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
think it is Sky that have the figure wrong - the accounts indicate nearer a million

Bottom line is though we shouldnt even be looking at selling him - we need more strikers not one less !!!

Otis

No point in a swap as Burnley have no strikers - cannot see them letting Austin, Rodriquez or Patterson go. Teams in this division need 4 strikers (well all teams except us apparently)

My thoughts were on a swap deal, though not necessarily with Burnley. You have to think that if Burnley are interested other clubs are interested too and that was where I was coming from.

ashbyjan

I am sure its us who have leaked this story, as it wouldn't be in Burnley's interest to do so, to alert others that we are more than willing to sell. A swap would be better but sure SISU just want cash to keep us going for a few more weeks.

valiant15

Who??? When will people get it in to their heads that sisu will not give thorn any money to replace him if he goes? When you go up the ricoh and the opposing team run out on their own cos we havent got anyone left? Jeez,if the penny hasnt dropped now i suppose it never will.

covladzak

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the board trying to be heros again and making it all up.

"Lets pretend we turned a bid down, the fans will love us and all by season tickets. Just like when we said Marlon was signing"
Yes but everyone has their price..Not just a game but a business, no mater how poorly it's run.

kdp888

Well i know that if Burnley dont get him then another championship side is interested in him and Cranie! But please please dont get Le Fondre in, he is no better than what we have after Juke goes so will just add to the moderate squad!

kg82

Think everyone needs to calm down till anything actually happens! As for Le fondre replacing him, as has already been said, we'd just be back at square one then.

Couple other things I just want to clear up - Treacy is going FROM PNE to Burnley, so Burnley wouldn't be making any money from that! And I think the transfer embargo was because of money owed to Stockport for Baker?

@richh87

And I think the transfer embargo was because of money owed to Stockport for Baker?

I'm pretty sure it was money owed to Bolton for the Danny Ward loan where the more he played the less we paid them. Little shit got a groin injury and refused to come back. Think the club have confirmed this somewhere...

kg82

I'm pretty sure it was money owed to Bolton for the Danny Ward loan where the more he played the less we paid them. Little shit got a groin injury and refused to come back. Think the club have confirmed this somewhere...

You're right, I do remember that! Maybe we just owed everyone!

TheSnoz

Selling Juke, even though we can see he's far from finished article, would probably be the last straw for a lot of fans. Under Andy he could flourish. Let's hope Cody McDonald comes in. We were linked with him a while ago. He's had a good season on loan at Gillingham. 25 goals. It could be Andy had a word with Paul Lambert about him on Saturday. the kid could be surplus to requirements there, at least on loan maybe?
Kevin Motion just been transferred as someone mentioned. And at 27 with just a few games behind him in lower reaches of part time Scottish football too much of a risk. I'd like to think City will keep Juke and add McDonald. So many have already pointed out, the squad is threadbare.

Sky_Blue_Daz

God I hope we keep him, But Think we will lose Him, Cranie and Clingan by the end of the season

Nonleagueherewecome

If we sold Juke and signed A.L.F then we're back to square one really, we'd still be short of options up front.

Again, we're being linked with ALF!? He must be in his 50's by now, and I doubt he'll get a work permit being a USA-based alien as he is...

shmmeee

I think your missing the point, they would be selling him to make money, not to reinvest. They would HAVE to buy one striker, maybe spend 500 000 or a million, but that's all we would get, the rest would go in to SISU's coffers

No, no it wouldn't. It'd go towards funding the club for another 2-4 months.

Let's stick to hammering SISU for the shit they've actually done not making up fairy stories about them taking money out of the club when it's blatantly not true.

SkyBlueMania

You genuinely believe if we sold Juke for £1.5 million SISU would allow Thorn to spend £1.5 million on transfers?! Why would they even sell Juke in the first place if they weren't after the money for themselves?!

howzer

Banned
who care jukes is shite!! 1.5 million, thats way too much for him, as if the club are asking 3 million that would be desperate. be real the guys is a decent league 1 or 2 player, milton keynes dons styleee!! if they were offered 500,000 they would have taken it, there is a bit of the billy bullshit about this one...

smokescreen for the real sale,,,,,,, ben turner, (injured or not?!!)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
You genuinely believe if we sold Juke for £1.5 million SISU would allow Thorn to spend £1.5 million on transfers?! Why would they even sell Juke in the first place if they weren't after the money for themselves?!

To fund the cash flow of the club. I seriously doubt any of it will actually repay SISU

I would also expect that some of the money would fund some purchase of players because even SISU must realise that we have to have sufficient numbers ..... as for quality well thats a different question.

Not advocating it but maybe the sale of Juke for say £2m might allow AT to bring in 2 or 3 players - you might find that due to cost cutting elsewhere that all the sale proceeds get spent on players (bought or loans). Perhaps this is what Dulieu meant by doing clever deals ?

Personally I think it is wrong to sell Juke

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Turner has no real value until he starts playing again ......... as yet he hasnt played a game and thats worrying

Nonleagueherewecome

Ben Turner is recovering from a very serious injury, and not the first of his short career at that. We should be much more concerned as to whether he will play again for us due to that than any prospective transfer. Until he plays a game this season, even a reserve match, he aint worth zilch.

howzer

Banned
2 million ? based on what though. he hasnt exactly set the league on fire has he. home and away last season when he did play he looked ok. but very average,. not 2 million .. 500,000 to 750,000 at the most. Turners worth 3 million. whats Eastwood worth? 200,00??? face it we have a crock of rubbish in our team, but we can hope the season starts with 1 or 4 new faces. Only then can we become optimistic. at the moment it is drastic, and i think some of our fans are out of their minds buzzing about the season !! Buzz off

kg82

Yeah, we pay up to £1million for him and let him go for £500k (can I have some slow clapping smileys here please)!

Users who are viewing this thread