Transfer Rumour Biamou (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueCRJ

Well there is no point in arguing because it will be undisclosed anyway. However, bear in mind that he's a striker and in addition to chipping in some spectacular goals he holds the ball up well and wins most everything in the air. How many strikers the right side of 30 sell for £150k tops? Not many, I bet.

He won't go for £500K because we don't have the leverage to demand such a price tag.

Transfer fees are based on more than spectacular goals. Considerations are made on the player's importance to the club, the role of the player, their quality in relation to their league and quality of the league they've played in, years left on their contract, goals scored, age of the player, brand value, and current form etc etc.

Baring in mind Paddy Madden was bought by Fleetwood Town just over 2 years ago for £150K, and his record in L1 speaks for itself. Freddie Lapado scored 19 goals last season for Plymouth and was their star player, went to Rotherham for £500K. Even using the example of Matty Godden - he had a solid season for Peterborough last season and at the time we believed we paid a high price for a striker who had a history of scoring 15+ goals a season in L1 and L2 over the past 3 years.

Clubs don't pay a high premium for any striker, they pay a high premium for goalscoring strikers and Biamou doesn't sit in that category.

Esoterica

Not specific to Biamou but it will be interesting to see what Robins feels he can do with his budget for next season. We already know we'll be one of, if not the smallest budget in the league. Does he try and move on players who might not be Championship level players in order to focus 100% of the budget on staying up? Would it be prudent to retain some of those players who might be relatively cheap and useful again in L1 should we go straight back down? If he did do that would it be seen as negative or realistic? Am looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

SkyBlueScottie

Has anyone else heard a rumour that he's off to Peterborough ?????

Apologies if it's already been discussed on here.

I hope not I prefer Biamou over baka any day of the week......PUSB
Where did you see it? If another forum, interrogate the person who mentioned it.

skybluebeast

Club have said he was out of the country when the photos were taken for the trophy presentation, same with Jobello & Kastaneer.

They must be liars. Pete has said he is definitely in the country and Pete is in the know he saw him running round memorial park once.

mrtrench

He won't go for £500K because we don't have the leverage to demand such a price tag.

Transfer fees are based on more than spectacular goals. Considerations are made on the player's importance to the club, the role of the player, their quality in relation to their league and quality of the league they've played in, years left on their contract, goals scored, age of the player, brand value, and current form etc etc.

Baring in mind Paddy Madden was bought by Fleetwood Town just over 2 years ago for £150K, and his record in L1 speaks for itself. Freddie Lapado scored 19 goals last season for Plymouth and was their star player, went to Rotherham for £500K. Even using the example of Matty Godden - he had a solid season for Peterborough last season and at the time we believed we paid a high price for a striker who had a history of scoring 15+ goals a season in L1 and L2 over the past 3 years.

Clubs don't pay a high premium for any striker, they pay a high premium for goalscoring strikers and Biamou doesn't sit in that category.

Dad, you promised to leave this site and let me chat with my friends without correcting me all day long.

no_loyalty

I seem to recall Robins was willing to let Max go out on loan to another league one club at the end of the summer transfer window, but he turned it down and wanted to fight for his place in the team, not sure if it was mentioned who the league one team was but maybe they might come back in for him this summer?

PVA

Biamou and Ponticelli to fire us to the Premier League with 20 goals each in a deadly strikeforce

Remember when Biamou was apparently 'non league standard' and Ponticelli was apparently the answer to all our prayers?

larry_david

If Max moves on he will be fondly remembered. Became a massive player last couple of months of league 2 and bounced back from injury this season.

Sentiment says I hope he stays but you have to be ruthless in this game and I think we need better to be honest

fatso

I was never a great fan of Biamou, but eventually warmed to him, due to his work effort and attitude, not to mention the odd very important goal. But at his age he needs first team football, and that's unlikely to be available here, so it makes sence for him to move on.
The fact that Baka was kept on suggests to me that we are holding out for a fee for him, rather than planning on playing him in the championship, and Ponticelli is unlikely to feature in the league, so I think we can look forward to at least a couple of new strikers turning up.

junglej13

Off at a slight tangent from Biamou. I think you need a strong striker with a presence in the Championship. I doubt it would happen but would anyone take JCH back? If he hadn't played here already I think a player of his age and profile, along with recent goalscoring record would be attractive.

Tommo1993

Off at a slight tangent from Biamou. I think you need a strong striker with a presence in the Championship. I doubt it would happen but would anyone take JCH back? If he hadn't played here already I think a player of his age and profile, along with recent goalscoring record would be attractive.

Not a chance.

mrtrench

I'm sure some people would. Not me though - but I'm prejudiced as I saw him play.

Blind-Faith

let’s bring Andy Morrell and Lee Mills back while we’re at it??

block16

I think I remember robins seemed to fall out with Max at the start of the season (after Bolton away). Wonder if that's lingered / made his mind up early. Personally I'd keep him we won't get a significant fee and his wages are low he's definitely worth a punt off the bench

fatso

I think I remember robins seemed to fall out with Max at the start of the season (after Bolton away). Wonder if that's lingered / made his mind up early. Personally I'd keep him we won't get a significant fee and his wages are low he's definitely worth a punt off the bench
You could say that about any new striker, or premier league loan player.
Its hardly good management to use up a squad place for a 30 year old who may or may not be worth "a punt off the bench"
Surely Kastaneer would be worth a punt up front, as he's under contract and unlikely to fuck off any time soon.

Sky Blue Harry H

Max - you know what you get. Kastaneer you know what you get (saw enough of him in the U23s - a no from me). Have more time for Jobello - hopefully he's made a full recovery. Strange, but in ore-season I thought that we would rely on these two to have a chance of anything!!

Mucca Mad Boys

Not specific to Biamou but it will be interesting to see what Robins feels he can do with his budget for next season. We already know we'll be one of, if not the smallest budget in the league. Does he try and move on players who might not be Championship level players in order to focus 100% of the budget on staying up? Would it be prudent to retain some of those players who might be relatively cheap and useful again in L1 should we go straight back down? If he did do that would it be seen as negative or realistic? Am looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

I doubt the recruitment policy will change from targeting young players who will develop. If I were Robins, I’d get rid of everyone who I can’t see being a consistent performer in the Championship.

If the Hamer transfer goes ahead, and at the reported fee, it is a statement of intent. That said, we will need to spend a bit of money on order to stay up. Barnsley spent millions on familiar faces and are still in the relegation zone.

block16

You could say that about any new striker, or premier league loan player.
Its hardly good management to use up a squad place for a 30 year old who may or may not be worth "a punt off the bench"
Surely Kastaneer would be worth a punt up front, as he's under contract and unlikely to fuck off any time soon.
Well no because Kastaneer is clearly useless and has barely featured ? Biamou has been an important part of our attack in 2 promotion seasons and has demonstrated on numerous occasions to be capable of stepping up. Not sure how you can compare him and Kastaneer at all totally irrelevant

Grendel

Well no because Kastaneer is clearly useless and has barely featured ? Biamou has been an important part of our attack in 2 promotion seasons and has demonstrated on numerous occasions to be capable of stepping up. Not sure how you can compare him and Kastaneer at all totally irrelevant

The only important part was one play off game. Other than that he had zero influence on either promotion

This thread is absurd on every level

fatso

I haven’t compared them at all!

fatso

The only important part was one play off game. Other than that he had zero influence on either promotion

This thread is absurd on every level
He had a massive influence on that play off game though.
Without him we would be languishing still in league 2.
Admittedly he’s not the quickest, or the most mobile, and his strike rate in league football is about 1 in 5, but he’s still the second best striker we currently have, and we just won the fucking league!!!

Users who are viewing this thread