Bezos space trip (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Apart from the ludicrous cost someone paid (and didn't go) to be on this space flight that lasted 10 minutes) it appears Bezos took that whole thing of men in a mid-life crisis having a vehicle that acts as a penis extension far too literally.

But I guess it's apt that it was all over a lot quicker than you thought it would be. Blue Origin. More like Blue Pill if you ask me.

Newsreaders-Bezos-rocket-70b6.jpg

Philosorapter

I think it is a great achievement. Commerical adventure into space is really what we need. Seeing a number of competitors are doing this then hopefully it should drive the next stages of bigger steps further away from the Earth than a quick ten-minute visit in space.

COV

I think it is a great achievement. Commerical adventure into space is really what we need. Seeing a number of competitors are doing this then hopefully it should drive the next stages of bigger steps further away from the Earth than a quick ten-minute visit in space.

Great achievement technically but when it’s funded by treating employees like shit- not so great.

Sbarcher

Apart from the ludicrous cost someone paid (and didn't go) to be on this space flight that lasted 10 minutes) it appears Bezos took that whole thing of men in a mid-life crisis having a vehicle that acts as a penis extension far too literally.

But I guess it's apt that it was all over a lot quicker than you thought it would be. Blue Origin. More like Blue Pill if you ask me.

Newsreaders-Bezos-rocket-70b6.jpg
Heard he always wanted to be in a Bluey. (this term may only have meaning to our older posters!)

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm all for space exploration and long term it's our only chance of survival (even though the differing conditions on other planets would inevitably see us evolve into a new species anyway). However, I don't want to see us exploiting other worlds until we've learned our lesson on this one and how to take better care of our surroundings and environment.

But having said that having short 'jollies' into space isn't doing that. It takes a ridiculous amount of resources and fuel to leave the atmosphere and it's a bit of a waste IMO. It's not like they're taking more passengers than a space shuttle or using it to learn more about what lies beyond the thin blue line. It's basically a rich person doing it because they want to and they see a potential way of making money in the future. These are not the best reasons to do it. It's like sending Voyager out into the depths of space just to take a selfie.

Reactions: vow

Ian1779

He should have just paid for a penis extension and saved himself a lot of money.

• Haha
Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread