Beta Testing a New Website (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Hello :)

I am currently working on a new website which will hopefully become really popular. It is a shopping type website where you enter a product name (ie call of duty) and it instantly goes around the internet and finds the best prices for you so you can find it for the lowest price.

It just means there will be one website where you can go on, type pretty much anything in and it will find you the best prices within seconds.

I just wondered if any kind souls who had nothing to do would be interested in Beta Testing it? It is just basically looking for bugs, looking for ways to make it look better / work better :)

Thanks

MatthewWallis

Google already does this, so it would have to
Be pretty good to compete with that, but I'll give it a test if you want

Nick

Administrator
Google already finds items from Google Base. It doesn't always show every item in order of price but it will be something "like" that!

It will be a bit of a cut down version of google, uk based and literally find you the cheapest stuff online!

Big fella

Hi Nick

I have an app on my phone which does a similar thing called sccope. I will try it out for you though. Anything to make the Christmas shopping cheaper.

cheers

JCR1987

I'm happy to have a look, always looking for reasons to whittle away the working day without actually doing much work.

I'm not a huge fan of the google shopping search, really annoying how it advertises the lowest price for an item but then you click into it and the price is before delivery charges are added, plus there's usually loads of ebay results in there.

Nick

Administrator
I will look into making an iphone app eventually :)

The only thing is that the merchants (stores) tend to keep delivery prices to themselves a lot of the time, so it is really hard to show prices including delivery :(

Rich

Nick these sites your advertising on your signature, are they legitimate sites? I'd never buy anything from one of those as they look extremely amateur, the sort of place whereby you input your card details and then find your bank account empty.

Now the link when you click buy now, looks far more professional and trustworthy.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, they are legit. They aren't selling anything at all :) Like you say when you click buy now it goes to other sites.

I am just having them in my sig to help them get up there in google and will probably sell them on ;)

Nick

Administrator
OK so it is getting there and have had a few helpful bits of feedback:

You can see the page @ http://www.finditforless.co.uk/ If you do a search for a broad term such as ipad it will literally find everything related to ipads, so may take a while.

(Yes, Sky Blue :) )

Things To Do

• Currently Developing a Loading Screen (like the insurance quote people) so that people know it is loading and it won't be long..
  • Developing Product Sorting and Pages to break it down (so you can view 20 at a time, sort by the shop or sort by price)
  • Developing Related Searches (so if you type in coventry you can see searches like coventry city shirt and other related stuff)
The main issue at the minute is speed, so I am working on that. If you have any comments at all about how easy it is to use, how hard it is to use, what puts you off, what you like then I will take everything on board :)

Thanks fellas!

Rich

I just searched for xperia because lets say I want to buy a new phone, the results that it came up with are absolutely useless. I want the phone not a silicon case or screen protector.

Anyway of narrowing down the search results?

Nick

Administrator
Yep, I am developing it so that you can sort by price, sort by store they are sold by also. Then like ebay you just choose the amount of listings and if you want the most expensive first.

You do need to be quite specific like you would be on ebay.

Which ways do you think it would make it easier?

Rich

Well on ebay you can search and then filter to actual mobiles instead of accesseries.

Rich

I'll be honest and say that on past experiences it has been easier just to go up town and get my stuff than use this kind of site. If you can come up with a revolutionary way to make it work and be appealing instead of just another comparison site, then you may be onto something.

Nick

Administrator
I'll be honest and say that on past experiences it has been easier just to go up town and get my stuff than use this kind of site. If you can come up with a revolutionary way to make it work and be appealing instead of just another comparison site, then you may be onto something.

Do you not shop online?

Yeah, but a lot of people order online and don't have time. Most comparison sites arent just a simple search so I am trying to make it simple.

People say that about voucher websites, I know people who make thousands a week from them.

Users who are viewing this thread