Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (3 Viewers)

nicksar

The Beekeeper is worth a watch for a couple of hours of escapism.
Just started watching True Detective series 4 and enjoying it so far.

Otis

The Beekeeper is worth a watch for a couple of hours of escapism.
Just started watching True Detective series 4 and enjoying it so far.
I'm struggling a little with it. Quite liking it, but not so keen on the supernatural element so much.

Will stick with it.

ajsccfc

After we finished Fool Me Once it recommended another Coben thing, Stay Close. Going to finish it because it's only a few episodes long but this rings true and evergreen:

Mention elsewhere in this thread of Harlen Coben has just made me shudder.
Can't stand anything, book or tv, of his.
Utter shite.

AOM

After we finished Fool Me Once it recommended another Coben thing, Stay Close. Going to finish it because it's only a few episodes long but this rings true and evergreen:

The only one I think I really enjoyed was The Stranger.
Don't know why I keep watching all of them...

Ian1779

Got a cinema tripped pencilled in for tomorrow night and for the first time in a long time it won’t be to see a kids film!

Has anyone been recently and got any recommendations? Poor Things has great reviews and won awards etc - has anyone seen it?
Did you go and watch Poor Things?

SBT

Poor Things is absolutely mad. I’m still not sure if it was mad in a good way. Not Lanthimos’ best imo.

stay_up_skyblues

Really disappointed with True Detective. Thoroughly dull and the main storyline and supernatural bit just didn’t work. Takes some doing to beat season two in the let down stakes but it did. Season one was amazing and three was good.

Otis

Really disappointed with True Detective. Thoroughly dull and the main storyline and supernatural bit just didn’t work. Takes some doing to beat season two in the let down stakes but it did. Season one was amazing and three was good.
Yup, I felt the same. Love Jodie Foster, but felt it dragged and agree, the supernatural bit just didn't work for me.

Thought the ending was daft too

Shame

Mcbean

I may be late for this but Fargo season 5 is excellent - starts quite slowly but its part of the package - black humour is rife !

Mcbean

Just started watching Constellation with Noomi Repace on Apple, which is a bit annoying because she always hogs half the sofa.

Anyway, so far so good. Really enjoying it
Best have a look now true detective has finished 😀

SBT

The Way on BBC1 should have been miles better than it was. Will stick to the Adam Curtis documentaries for my sense of dread.

New episodes of Sunderland Til I Die were a bit thin as well.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I am incredibly late to it but have just started the first series of Malcolm in the middle , its really good

Otis

I have just started watching series 2 of Trigger Point.

Absolute preposterous nonsense. But gripping. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread