Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (2 Viewers)

stay_up_skyblues

Recent ones

Shite

Clickbait (Netflix)

Decent

Maid (Netflix)
Monsters Inside - 24 Faces of Billy Milligan (Netflix)

Excellent

Judas and the Black Messiah (Sky Cinema)

Otis

Recent ones

Shite

Clickbait (Netflix)

Decent

Maid (Netflix)
Monsters Inside - 24 Faces of Billy Milligan (Netflix)

Excellent

Judas and the Black Messiah (Sky Cinema)
I liked Clickbait at first, but it quickly became very, very dull and pad central.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but watched Crime and Penalties on Netflix yesterday.

Basically about a mob boss, who allegedly the Sopranos was based on, who buys his son an Ice Hockey team.

Well worth a watch!!
[/QUOTE
Have heard that’s brilliant

LastGarrison

Really good and you can’t help but like both him and his son.

His son’s ice hockey coach on the other hand is a crackpot!!

Was just catching up with some Distant Pod’s and they recommended another one in the series called Malice at the Palace about a mass basketball brawl between players and fans so going to watch that one next.

Edit - was meant to quote Daz 🙈

clint van damme

Really good and you can’t help but like both him and his son.

His son’s ice hockey coach on the other hand is a crackpot!!

Was just catching up with some Distant Pod’s and they recommended another one in the series called Malice at the Palace about a mass basketball brawl between players and fans so going to watch that one next.

Edit - was meant to quote Daz 🙈

That's how I found it, through SDSB. It's a cracking watch, they were all fucking lunatics!

Haven't seen 5he basketball one, will have to give it ago.

Skidrow marathon and Class action park are two other crackers.

JAM See

Probably have to wait for The Many Saints of Newark to come out for streaming. I know nobody personally who watches The Sopranos, it’s a joke. And I feel weird going to the cinema on my own.
I'd heartily recommend going to the flicks on yer jack.
Couple of cheeky tins to see you through without paying extortionate cinema prices.
Went to see that James Bond the other day. Hardly anyone in there, and at least two other singletons.

JAM See

Guilty on Netflix: it’s shit, don’t bother.
For films of that type (single character, mainly one character in view), the gold standard is 'Locke'. Fantastic film.

Kudos also to 'Buried' with Ryan Reylonds

Sbarcher

Anyone watched The Voyeurs?
Quite a lot of unlikely events, but kept me interested to keep spying on them.

Sbarcher

Westerns, my favourite genre. Just watched Old Henry, pretty good and a variation on the old fashioned shoot-out.

Mr Panda

Just finished Midnight Mass which I actually really enjoyed, just to second some previous comments.

Many Saints I saw last night and I'm undecided as to whether I liked it or not. It started strongly but felt it got lost a little as it transitioned to teenage Tony. It must have been so hard for actors to get the balance right for portraying old favourites - Sylvio Dante felt forced at times but very obvious it was him and then Paulie you wouldn't have guessed it was him if they left a couple of scenes out

ajsccfc

I thought The Guilty was alright but yeah 6/7 out of 10 is about right. Good performance by Jake Gylenhaal but some frustrating plot holes, and then to find out it's almost an exact copy of a superior film drags it down a little without me even having heard of the original before now

Otis

I thought The Guilty was alright but yeah 6/7 out of 10 is about right. Good performance by Jake Gylenhaal but some frustrating plot holes, and then to find out it's almost an exact copy of a superior film drags it down a little without me even having heard of the original before now
Yup. I heard from the off that it was an inferior remake, but as I hadn't seen the original, I was fine with this one.

Like you say, lots of plot holes, very good performance.

Sbarcher

First Cow - a bit of a slow burner, which stays in the slow lane. Pretty atmospheric though.

Sbarcher

Cry Macho - latest Clint Eastwood movie. Don't waste your time, well past his sell by date. Will have him next year on the Deathlist 2022.

JAM See

Just been to see 'Ali and Ava' starring Adeel Akhtar (Wilson Wilson from Utopia).

Lovely little British film with a cracking soundtrack.

JAM See

Probably have to wait for The Many Saints of Newark to come out for streaming. I know nobody personally who watches The Sopranos, it’s a joke. And I feel weird going to the cinema on my own.
I'm off to see 'The Last Duel' on Friday on my own.
Couple of cans of cooking lager and a nice three hours of me time.
You should try it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Been to watch No time to die today , enjoyed it.
Be interested to see who takes the reins now , would like to see a Tarantino version

Sbarcher

Watching old episodes of The Kenny Everett Show. Still pretty good (but a little juvenile).

Otis

Watching You, season 3.

It's always been a bit bonkers, but am really enjoying it. Taken a different direction this time out.

Reactions: AOM

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just watched The many Saints of Newark , it was ok , that last scene as the original theme kicked in was good. Think it could be set up for a series

wingy

Police of Paris 1900 Saturday nights on BBC four .
Quite hard hitting , the police interview eliciting a confession last night had me wincing a bit.
Up to episode 4 last night .

Sky_Blue_Daz

I know I’m very very late to it but trailer park boys is one of the funniest things I’ve watched . Got a series to go then I’ll watch the films and specials

Users who are viewing this thread