Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (3 Viewers)

Sbarcher

Watched the first few episodes of The Prince. Never knew the Queen swore so much! If it was made over here someone would be in the Tower.

baldy

Just started to re-watch E.R again for the first time since it came out in '94 & it's still brilliant - puts the awful woke Casualty to shame just in the first 5 minutes of the pilot episode

baldy

Rewatching the entire series so it was fresh in my memory for when this comes out
Just about to Start The sopranos home movies episode

The Sopranos is absolutely legendary - probably the best thing to hit the small screen in the last 25 years

stay_up_skyblues

Cocaine Cowboys: The Kings of Miami.

On Netflix from 4 August. Looks good.

Started this earlier. Fell asleep, but not because of the show. Looks ok.

Half way through Murder Mountain on Netflix. It’s alright, interesting true story about the black market cannabis growing trade in a remote area of California over a decade including when legalisation came in and how that impacted the farmers.

Throw in some murders too, it’s a Netflix documentary after all.

B-Ban-Boogie

Just watching ZeroZeroZero on Amazon.

A cocaine shipment makes its way to Europe, starting from the moment a powerful cartel of Italian criminals decides to buy it, to its journeys through Mexico, to its shipment across the Atlantic Ocean.

Bloody hell!.
Only 4 (1 hour) episodes in and it's superb. Wow!

Brilliant acting, amazing soundtrack, gripping storyline and most of all 'brutal' at times.
Best thing I've seen in a long time!

Don't look it up, just watch it.

dutchman

I'm curious to know what you think about the tagged-on series finalé of Timeless? It was cancelled - twice I think - then there was a campaign to bring it back for at least one final episode for reasons that will be clear when you see how it originally ended.

shmmeee

I'm curious to know what you think about the tagged-on series finalé of Timeless? It was cancelled - twice I think - then there was a campaign to bring it back for at least one final episode for reasons that will be clear when you see how it originally ended.

Watched it last night actually. It was obviously there to wrap up all the loose ends and it clearly leaves another season open. It was … OK. Better than Zoo which i watched before which got cancelled when clearly set up for another season.

Had a google of that Spanish show and looks really good and different enough to be worth watching. Just can’t find it streaming anywhere in the U.K. or with subs :(

dutchman

Watched it last night actually. It was obviously there to wrap up all the loose ends and it clearly leaves another season open. It was … OK.

I was hugely disappointed on account of the sole purpose of the fan-campaign was to bring back a favorite character and give us all some final closure.
The final episode should have been all about Rufus but he was treated almost as an afterhought.

shmmeee

I was hugely disappointed on account of the sole purpose of the fan-campaign was to bring back a favorite character and give us all some final closure.
The final episode should have been all about Rufus but he was treated almost as an afterhought.

See I liked Flynn the most, so wasn’t happy he got killed off and never got his family back. Then Rufus/Joys/Connor. Couldn’t stand Wyatt and Lucy so the whole thing being about them really annoyed me.

RedSalmon

"Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" is o Netflix now. Watched it twice and really enjoyed it.................both times!!

Otis

I know it's a teeny thing In some ways, but have just watched Cruel Summer on Amazon and enjoyed it.

*Everyone I have spoken to has said they really liked it.

*Bear in mind I don't know many people.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Just watching ZeroZeroZero on Amazon.

Bloody hell!.
Only 4 (1 hour) episodes in and it's superb. Wow!

Brilliant acting, amazing soundtrack, gripping storyline and most of all 'brutal' at times.
Best thing I've seen in a long time!

Don't look it up, just watch it.

Great recommendation. Really loving this, my kind of program.

Philosorapter

This is either going to be the best thing ever or as rubbish as I Robot or Bicentennial Man.

There's no inbetween.

Sbarcher

Just finished S3 of Britannia. Bit daft in places but if you like historical dramas it’s not a bad watch.

Mcbean

Started watching The White Lotus what a brilliant mix of f*cked up characters - very funny - hotel manager is the best !

Philosorapter

The greatest sci-fi series to grace our presence on a Saturday morning.

Sbarcher

Not normally my scene, but The White Lotus is a fantastic watch.

Users who are viewing this thread