Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (4 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Watched a brilliant film last night on Amazon Prime - ‘Dragged Across Concrete’ - starring Mel Gibson & Vince Vaughn...2 cops who’ve been suspended so earn their keep infiltrating the criminal underworld
Well recommended

Really enjoyed that. There’s a few hidden gems on prime and sky

D

Deleted member 4439

Possibly already mentioned, but Time , a 3 parter on bbc iplayer. Engaging performances, especially from the impressive Sean Bean

Last edited by a moderator:

publican1990

Possibly already mentioned, but Time , a 3 parter on bbc iplayer. Engaging performances, especially from the impressive Sean Bean

Never seen anything with Stephen Graham in that I didn't enjoy. Top, top actor.

Sbarcher

If you fancy something a bit light hearted with a great British cast, then Golden Years on Prime. Standard format, but a bit of a feel good factor.

AOM

Thought both The Haunting series on Netflix were really good if you like a Gothic horror/ghost story, especially the first one with Hill House.
Genuinely creepy at times, but also some really sad scenes.

Not to be confused with Haunted on Netflix, which is absolutely shite

D

Deleted member 11652

Is anyone else more excited for love island than England v Germany? Got some Matty Godden rip off on there though.

Sbarcher

Clarksons farm is good .
Watching it now. Surprisingly good . He lives not far from me. Not a popular guy in Chippy and causing chaos with his Diddly Squat farm shop.

stay_up_skyblues

Been watching On Becoming a God in Central Florida (Netflix). Black comedy drama starring Kirsten Dunst about a pyramid scheme. Cant decide whether it great or not. Also watched the first few episodes of Feel Good on there today which is different but decent.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Trailer for the Sopranos movie popped up over the last couple of weeks and I've watched it a few times already. Really excited about this one and didn't think I would be

Rewatching the entire series so it was fresh in my memory for when this comes out
Just about to Start The sopranos home movies episode

clint van damme

New series of Succession and Toast on their way.
Not sure how much cross over there is in their audiences

chiefdave

Never Mind the Buzzcocks is coming back. Will be hosted by Greg Davies with Daisy May Cooper and Noel Fielding as captains along with Jamali Maddix as a regular.

Used to love Buzzcocks, hope they don't mess it up. Lamarr years were the best, shame he's pretty much retired. Saw him do stand up a couple of times and he was brilliant.

Now bring back Shooting Stars.

NorthernWisdom

Never Mind the Buzzcocks is coming back. Will be hosted by Greg Davies with Daisy May Cooper and Noel Fielding as captains along with Jamali Maddix as a regular.

Used to love Buzzcocks, hope they don't mess it up. Lamarr years were the best, shame he's pretty much retired. Saw him do stand up a couple of times and he was brilliant.

Now bring back Shooting Stars.
It's a Taskmaster takeover!

D

Deleted member 4439

He once did a hour-long or so feature on his experience of being a punk (and in a punk band). He explained that finding punk was like finding a home among the disposed and awkward, and described how he would get lost in his own world marvelling over his collection of punk records in their sleeves, the nme/musical express rags and other memorabilia, cocooned from the outside world.

As someone the same age and who grew up as a loner and into punk, I watched transfixed, with eyes wide open - he could have been describing me, if it weren't for the fact that in his intelligence and creativity he decided to start his own punk band. He's also preserved his records and their sleeves in mint condition :)

I connect with, and love, everything he does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry_dactyl

Seems apt that I’m watching it at the moment, given Bob Odenkirk’s health problems/scare…Better Call Saul is superior to Breaking Bad. I said it.

Users who are viewing this thread