Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (3 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Spot on.
I did watch the final three episodes in one evening, so I obviously didn't hate it that much.
Strange, but oddly compelling, and as you say, some very good performances.

Agree with you and Otis. I liked it. Done in a quirky way but as Otis mentioned that was to reflect their fantasist natures. Not for everyone but I’ve recommended it to a couple of people

JAM See

If you're a fanboy (which I am), the new Spiderman film is fucking brilliant.

See it on the big screen as soon as possible.

JAM See

Those of you musically bias might like the Phil Lynott doc on BBC 4 - very interesting look at his life - was a great character and fantastic writer of words and music
True story: My mother was Phil Lynott's favourite waitress.

JAM See

Off to watch it tomorrow. Can’t wait.
What did you think?

I went to see it again today (I've got Odeon Limitless, so no cost issues for me).

It was like being at a pantomime, lots of cheering, booing and clapping.

I loved it (again).

shmmeee

What did you think?

I went to see it again today (I've got Odeon Limitless, so no cost issues for me).

It was like being at a pantomime, lots of cheering, booing and clapping.

I loved it (again).

Literally just got out. Enjoyed it. Interesting to see how they take it from here with that ending.

Otis

That sounds great, presume he's taking advantage of a few American contacts since What We Do In The Shadows?
I thought they retired years ago and who really wants to be regaled with stories of Hank Marvin these days anyway?

Last edited:

robbiekeane

Any good documentaries that aren’t necessarily really dark and weird? Not opposed to something a bit mad, just like, not looking for that specifically like nick was in his other thread lol.

Dopesick was fucking amazing

CCFCSteve

Any good documentaries that aren’t necessarily really dark and weird? Not opposed to something a bit mad, just like, not looking for that specifically like nick was in his other thread lol.

I think som have been mentioned before but

Operation odessa
fyre festival
Screwball
Last dance - series
Crimes & penalties

All Netflix

Some decent storyvilles on bbc iPlayer.

AOM

Think it's an older documentary now, but watched a film the other week called Tread.
Don't remember the story or it being on the news at the time but it's absolutely mental.
Especially if you don't know what's about to happen

clint van damme

Untold story on Netflix, the episode on the hockey team, brilliant.
I believe in miracles, about Clough at Forest. Also on Netflix.
Class action park as mentioned above. Think its on the youtube as well as sky.
The dawn wall, Netflix, (make sure you watch right to the end).

CCFCSteve

Untold story on Netflix, the episode on the hockey team, brilliant.
I believe in miracles, about Clough at Forest. Also on Netflix.
Class action park as mentioned above. Think its on the youtube as well as sky.
The dawn wall, Netflix, (make sure you watch right to the end).

If you like Dawn Wall Clint try Free Solo as well. Both unbelievable

Brighton Sky Blue

Got into rewatching the ‘classics’ with the Mrs

Terminator 2
Jurassic Park
Alien
American Psycho
Toy Story
Gladiator
Titanic

Never get old

Reactions: AOM

shmmeee

Just watched Dont Look Up. Political message about as subtle as a sledgehammer but watchable enough. 6/10

RegTheDonk

Been watching "Bates Motel" over the last few weeks on the iPlayer. Really enjoyed it so far, other than some of the drug sub plots, think the actors playing Norma and Norman are cracking and their deteriorating relationship is played brilliantly. One season to go, however if anybody's already seen it, would appreciate a quick heads up in a spoiler...
The season 4 finale seems like a natural end to the story ... great finish with all the characters plots as good as tied up, you'd expect the next thing to be 10 years later and its the Psycho film story. I envisage the writers wanted to end it here, but may have cashed in to continue the story when it doesn't really need to. So is the final season worth watching? Don't want to watch it and spoil it for myself, if you see what I mean.

Grendel

Been watching "Bates Motel" over the last few weeks on the iPlayer. Really enjoyed it so far, other than some of the drug sub plots, think the actors playing Norma and Norman are cracking and their deteriorating relationship is played brilliantly. One season to go, however if anybody's already seen it, would appreciate a quick heads up in a spoiler...
The season 4 finale seems like a natural end to the story ... great finish with all the characters plots as good as tied up, you'd expect the next thing to be 10 years later and its the Psycho film story. I envisage the writers wanted to end it here, but may have cashed in to continue the story when it doesn't really need to. So is the final season worth watching? Don't want to watch it and spoil it for myself, if you see what I mean.

It was always intended as it brings the actual film into it. There are some adaptions to the film plot but Rihanna as Marion Crane is pretty good. It’s totally scripted this way so the Hitchcock classic is introduced. Though @vow may be disappointed

Mcbean

Just finished Queens gambit ( I know we are late but we are country dwellers) very good production and acting - good story - excellent for couples to watch - gripping and I love a ginger babe 😀

RegTheDonk

It was always intended as it brings the actual film into it. There are some adaptions to the film plot but Rihanna as Marion Crane is pretty good. It’s totally scripted this way so the Hitchcock classic is introduced. Though @vow may be disappointed

Thanks for the insight Gren...

I think Vera Farmiga has played a fantastic part and her dealings with her life, Norman, plus the other people who have come into the plot ... she's up and down, torn and loyal, it's been great to watch how her character has played out . If we're now limited to Norman's fantasies, I fear her character will seem a bit of let down. Just dealing with the plot through Normans eyes will surely be quite limited and not as much fun. But if they're including an adaptation of the film, I'll persevere as it'll be interesting to see how that's done. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread