Best to Boro (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Apparently he is having talks with them about a move to the Riverside? :eek:

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Yeah I hope he doesn't go.
I am getting slightly concerned what with Gunnarsson, Westwood and Best have all having other clubs interest.
Get rid of one maybe but we can't afford to sell our players, especially whilst we are making progress (even if it is slow).

covladzak

Boro always pay above what a players worth.... If he wants to go and they get a good chunk of change for him I say jog on......Don't forget he doesn't want to renew his contract here. It's better to get something for him now then nothing in the summer.:wave:

Nick

Administrator
If he goes for free we will still get a payout from a tribunal but I am not sure how much that will be!

Nick

Administrator
Yep, looks like he is on his way to the Toon to join Van Aanholt. I think if he does Coleman should put in a clause that he can't play against us.

We always seem to get those clauses against us, I know for a fact Best would have a blinder against us to show all of those tossers who boo him every other week!

torchie

I hope Coleman has a replacement lined up for today! Seem to remember him saying that plans were in place for players should anyone leave.

Freddy & Clinton could do well but what happens if one of them gets injured? Surely not Grandison up front again!!!:confused::eek:

any chance of signing someone from a scottish club on-loan as a replacement for the rest of the season as our the window closes at midnight in scotland?

Kevin Kyle? :p

Can't say I'm surprised that Best's gone now, but it's ludicrous that we haven't managed to get a replacement striker in, loan, free, fee, whatever...we can't get by on Morrison and Eastwood alone (Madine isn't up to the job, and Jeffers is still a youth player- it would be unfair on him to put a lot of pressure on him)...

unless we're going to play 4-5-1 like we did on Sat...

I'm just really disappointed that we've let go our top scorer this late in the window, and not got a replacement in.

EDIT: Just seen David Healy's now on loan at Ipswich...whoopee, he might have been decent for us...why can't Coleman have gone back and taken a Fulham striker?

skybluearmy88

there has to be someone who wants out of the scottish prem and can come fill in for eastwood and morrison if either of them got injured, doesnt have to be a prolific goalscorer (although it would be nice :p) but just someone who can score a few goals

Users who are viewing this thread