Best thing you ever got for Christmas (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Got a woolly hat off one of my aunties.. on the hat was a sticker sayin free hat wiv scarf.... dont suit hats, never got the scarf ...true story

Last edited:

Otis

Nothing. :(

I know it is going to sound rather depressing, but I don't think I have ever had a great Christmas present.

Pretty much always socks and jumpers, aftershave, a bit of money and nowt from the missus.

My daughter never buys anything for me either.

I still love Christmas though. :)

pastythegreat

A new manager in the form of Russell Slade to come in just before Xmas and shake up the team completely and get a a great run and lead us (Barnsley esque) from bottom of the table to play off winners!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

A new manager in the form of Russell Slade to come in just before Xmas and shake up the team completely and get a a great run and lead us (Barnsley esque) from bottom of the table to play off winners!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
And then you woke up and JR was just having a shower

Gazolba

A pair of socks because all my others had holes in them. My parents were big on practical gifts. Things I 'needed' they'd have had to buy me anyway

Terry Gibson's perm

A ski jacket I was cold before that never been skiing though, there is a picture of me in the telegraph standing on the kop wearing it, the one that has a flag that says speedier is God on it.

Or an Atari or a bmx or a Raleigh Chopper

Yes I was a fairly spoilt child

Attachments

• IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    349.9 KB · Views: 15

eastwoodsdustman

Loving the Campri TGP. We all had them as kids!
Best gift I ever got was a second hand BMX costing about £30 in 1984. I'd had my other one nicked from the garden a month or so before and never thought I'd ever get another one at the time.
Worst present has to be a 5l bottle of car screen wash. Screen wash fro Christmas! It has been handy mind. I've only just used it up and got it 3 years ago.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I got a nice tangerine in my stocking when I was a kid. :(

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Yeah, me too. Triple whammy.

Tangerine in my stocking, then my dad would beat me with the the filled stocking, before then make me wear the stocking around the house all day so my Auntie Maureen could laugh at me when she came round.

Happy days.
Luxury! There were 27 of us and we had to share the traditional wearing of the stocking! And when you had to pass it on, our dad would thrash us wi' a bread knife wrapped up in a leather belt and send us back to bed!

Terry Gibson's perm

Loving the Campri TGP. We all had them as kids!
Best gift I ever got was a second hand BMX costing about £30 in 1984. I'd had my other one nicked from the garden a month or so before and never thought I'd ever get another one at the time.
Worst present has to be a 5l bottle of car screen wash. Screen wash fro Christmas! It has been handy mind. I've only just used it up and got it 3 years ago.

Was the screen wash from the club shop?

Johnnythespider

I've just bought myself my best ever Christmas present

4b53868f3319737ffe58aab3e7faed9a.jpg

stupot07

Mine was getting Optimus Prime when I was 5 or 6. Best present I've ever had, like Otis I just get boring crap now, the missus keeps suggesting not bothering.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Bought myself a new pair of running shoes today, tried them on used the running machine and said ok didn't realise the price until they gave me the bill £115 wife not pleased.

Johnnythespider

Mine was getting Optimus Prime when I was 5 or 6. Best present I've ever had, like Otis I just get boring crap now, the missus keeps suggesting not bothering.......

Ahhh the old not bothering ruse, beware stupot, it's great until they have nothing to unwrap Christmas morning

stupot07

Ahhh the old not bothering ruse, beware stupot, it's great until they have nothing to unwrap Christmas morning
Yeah made that mistake one valentines day...she said just get me a card. Just got her a card and she went well mardy in thr afternoon "Where's my flowers? I can't believe you didn't by me some flowers for valentines day". I said " you told me just to get a card that we weren't bothering with pressies?!", she replied "yes no presents but I thought you would at least by me some flowers.."

Women, bloody oddballs the lot of them! ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread