Best striker since relegation from the Premiership (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Surely Gyorkores has to be right up there? Only Marlon King imo can rival him. We've had many, some good at their level others gone on to do good things elsewhere like Wilson eg or Armstrong who played for us in L1 when raw. McGoldrick perhaps ok too but again harder to tell at L1. Sparky flopped at this level, others after we came down like Hughes were never good enough imo.

Gyorkores has everything, pace power, strength, scores goals, workrate, runs the channels, good on the ground, holds the ball up well. Possibly would like to see him score more with his head but that will come I'm sure.

lord_garrincha

I assume not playing at the Championship level rules out Callum Wilson.

He never did score a goal in Coventry, or have I forgotten one... Probably have thinking about it as he played under Pressley at the end of the first season.

Ccfcisparks

He never did score a goal in Coventry, or have I forgotten one... Probably have thinking about it as he played under Pressley at the end of the first season.
He scored against Colchester I think it was, last season at the Ricoh before Northampton, after he came back off loan.

Evo1883

If vik gets 20 this season then it's a no brainer

Lee Hughes 🤮 had a decent season with us after relegation too

skybluegod

Adam Armstrong did okay but I loved watching David McGoldrick. Lovely player.

Agreed, some of the goals he scored for us were unreal. I still remember Stevenage away where he chipped the keeper unreal finish in the conditions.

Brighton Sky Blue

Got to give it more than 10 games to judge imo

Mifsud was great for us and Stern John criminally underrated

Mifsud’s goal at Sheffield Weds was even better than my bae Dele’s effort at Blackburn. Entertaining if not always effective

Alkhen

Has to be Callum Wilson.

Once he broke into the first team (disregarding the youth sub appearances and stop start begining) his scoring record was unbelievable.
Last season for us he go 21 goals in 37 even after a couple of bad injuries.
I know it was League 1 level but the guy stepped up in both the Championship and Premier league after his move. Just a shame we couldn't make the journey with him

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Has to be Callum Wilson.

Once he broke into the first team (disregarding the youth sub appearances and stop start begining) his scoring record was unbelievable.
Last season for us he go 21 goals in 37 even after a couple of bad injuries.
I know it was League 1 level but the guy stepped up in both the Championship and Premier league after his move. Just a shame we couldn't make the journey with him

We can have him back when we go up and Newcastle starting using the Saudi dollars to sign everyone ;)

blunted

Only 11 games, so too early to judge, but Gyo looks a unit and like Antonio at West Ham very difficult to replace if we get an offer we can't refuse. Feel for Wilson, because without his injuries would have been at Real Madrid by now. King was a class striker but his obvious personality faults meant he would never fulfill his potential. Loved Mifsud but he got found out fairly quickly, as he only ever went one way past an opponent. Still angy with him for getting sent off against West Brom when we were on a roll. Stern John was really good. Mc Goldrick class. Godden has that thing that all good strikers have of being in the right place at the right time and is a good footballer to boot. Again shame injuries have blighted his career. Hoping Gyo will continue to improve and become a city legend and a partnership with Godden can flourish.

torchomatic

His first goal for us was at the Ricoh.

Mucca Mad Boys

He scored an equaliser in a 1-1 draw against Colchester I believe.

baldy

So many great *ahem* strikers to choose from...I've listed a few -

Joachim,Mills,Zuniga,Bothroyd,Suffo,Scowcroft,McKenzie,Best,Eastwood,Morrison,Jutkiewicz,Platt,McDonald,Jackson,Tudgay.Murphy,Fortune,Kwame Thomas,Beavon,Sordell,McBean,Yakubu,Ponticelli,Duckens Nazon,Chaplin,Hiwula -

For me though,best striker since we've dropped out the Prem has to be...........Kevin Kyle :ROFLMAO:

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Surely Gyorkores has to be right up there? Only Marlon King imo can rival him. We've had many, some good at their level others gone on to do good things elsewhere like Wilson eg or Armstrong who played for us in L1 when raw. McGoldrick perhaps ok too but again harder to tell at L1. Sparky flopped at this level, others after we came down like Hughes were never good enough imo.

Gyorkores has everything, pace power, strength, scores goals, workrate, runs the channels, good on the ground, holds the ball up well. Possibly would like to see him score more with his head but that will come I'm sure.
Bakayoko of course. Had it all

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Marlon King.

Users who are viewing this thread