Best sicky's you've pulled at work (1 Viewer)

Covstu

I have only done it once, sick at the pub i used to work at when i was about 17. Spent the day in Coombe Abbey but seen the pub manager in the car whilst we were walking there. Thanksfully never knew i should have been working!!

Never done it since!!

Otis

I did a rubbish one.

Wanted to go away to Bournemouth for the weekend with my mates and my boss wouldn't let me have the time off. Took it anyway and phoned up pretending to be in bed, sick. Trouble was I phoned from a phone box and all you could hear in the background was the sound of seagulls.

:facepalm:

LastGarrison

Not me but a mate of mine rang in sick when England were playing in the Japan/Korea World Cup 2002.

We were all up the Rocket for half 6 in the morning and his intention was not to drink and then go to work after the game but the lure of the lager and loads of us on the piss was too much so he ended up on the piss as well.

Thing was the CET photographer was in the pub taking pictures of everyone after the game and like a doughnut he got in on the picture. Which was then in the Telegraph the next day. :facepalm:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I phoned my gaffer to say I was sick once. He came around to my house and caught me in bed with my mum. "See! I told you I was sick!" :whistle:

bringbackrattles

The other week fancied a day off as I had a skinful the night before and felt rough.
Thought about all the reasons why I couldn't work that day and decided on the best one to use.
But just before I rang I remembered I worked for myself these days so went back to bed !

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sickies are an art form in itself. Plant the seed a day or two before you actually go sick, drop into a conversation that you feel a bit under the weather.

SlowerThanPlatt

I did have a sort of David Brent style boss who you could phone up and say that you had a hang-over and were taking a sickie as a result. Downside was that you had to talk to him about your nights out when you turned up the following day.

D

Deleted member 4232

Food poisoning is always a good one; they don't ask for details because they know you are just shitting through the eye of a needle. Plus; it can be as tame as 24hrs.

LastGarrison

Sickies are an art form in itself. Plant the seed a day or two before you actually go sick, drop into a conversation that you feel a bit under the weather.

I used the "turned an ankle over at bootcamp can't walk on it" one at my old job last year. Thought that was quite a decent spin on an old excuse as they all knew I went.

Otis

And the key also Daz is to stick to your plan and have it committed fully to memory.

I remember having a great plan whereby my mate rang me up at work first thing, pretended to be a next door neighbour and told me that my cat had been run over. I of course had to go straight home to nurse the cat and take him straight to the vets.

Fine. Had the day off, no worries. 2 weeks later the big boss just happened to ask in passing 'How's your cat doing?' 'What cat?' was my reply.

rondog1973

And the key also Daz is to stick to your plan and have it committed fully to memory.

I remember having a great plan whereby my mate rang me up at work first thing, pretended to be a next door neighbour and told me that my cat had been run over. I of course had to go straight home to nurse the cat and take him straight to the vets.

Fine. Had the day off, no worries. 2 weeks later the big boss just happened to ask in passing 'How's your cat doing?' 'What cat?' was my reply.
Had it died?

Colin1883

Never really pulled one myself... But when I was working at Peugeot a lad claimed he was abducted by aliens... He got a few strange looks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread