Best Rock Christmas Songs (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

If like me you get fed up hearing Slade and Chris Rea blasting out on the radio over Christmas here's my favourite Xmas songs. 1.Fairytale of New York--Pogues. 2. Father Christmas-- Kinks. 3. First Snow on Brooklyn--Jethro Tull 4.Christmas Boogie-- Canned Heat 5.2000 Miles--Pretenders-6.Happy Xmas (war is over) John Lennon. A few there you won't hear in shops or on the radio but worth checking out.Any others ?

Grendel

Rung out Solstice Bells?

musicmanskyblue

The Blackmore's night christmas album.. It's a bit different from the usual and a refreshing change.. If you like Jethro Tull etc You might like this one.. It's our go-to Christmas album these days...

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bruce Springsteen and the e street band, santa claus is coming to town

torchomatic

"Hey Mr Christmas" by Showaddywaddy is my fave Christmas track. Bloody brilliant.

mrtrench

I love the Pogues and Fairytale of New York is IMO head and shoulder above any other Christmas themed songs. Like many people, I associate songs with times of the year and occasions. For that reason I associate Human League's 'Don't You Want Me Baby' with Christmas - as I remember it being played at a party when I was at school. Also The Comsat Angels' album 'Waiting for a Miracle' & Television's EP 'Little Johnny Jewel' which I recall playing almost non-stop whilst studying in my room over one Christmas break during 6th Form.

Users who are viewing this thread