Best premier league player ever (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

In your opinion ..

For me

Dennis Bergkamp

Arguably the 3rd best Dutch player in history behind van Basten and cruyff

Never seen a player as elegant, intelligent or technically brilliant...without much pace at all either

For me he's the greatest and one of my favourite players ever to watch

rob9872

Gascoigne or Cantona, from the current crop De Bruyne, but hopefully Foden will be as good.

Jagmannn

Paul Gascoigne....remember him at Highfield Road for Spurs at pre-match warm up on the lefthand side of the box , hitting ball after ball at the goal keepers far post and them all going in ...amazing ---- but he had a shit game against us that day ...but love looking at old footage on YouTube showing Gaza

Reactions: vow

rob9872

Paul Gascoigne....remember him at Highfield Road for Spurs at pre-match warm up on the lefthand side of the box , hitting ball after ball at the goal keepers far post and them all going in ...amazing ---- but he had a shit game against us that day ...but love looking at old footage on YouTube showing Gaza
A couple of poor games against us, one when Lloydy did a job on him, another when he got sent off, but in between was sensational and ran the show.

D

Deleted member 11652

If it’s the best player to ever play in the prem 100% Ronaldo.

D

Deleted member 11652

I think Ronaldo best years bar 1 were in la liga

No I agree I meant including what they have done elsewhere.

For performances in the premiership, I think consistency and longevity has to count for something which brings Lampard, Rooney etc into the discussion.

Evo1883

I think despite the Premier league being hugely popular ...the best players in history have played mostly in Spain and Italy

skyblue1991

Henry for me, although Ronaldo comes close.

We've never seen a Messi or Real Madrid Ronaldo in the Premier League and never likely will

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Interesting how we always go with attacking players.

No Makelele, Schmeichel, Cole, Vidic etc.?

To be fair my 2 favourite players in my lifetime are Ronaldo nazario and Paulo maldini , I've always got time for defensive players.

Cole , best left back the Premier league has seen(maybe irwin )
Makelele one of the best defensive midfielders in history

fernandopartridge

I saw Ashley Cole play for Roma at Man City (free ticket), he really was a top class left back even then as a veteran, him and Totti were the best players on the pitch. That said, I have also seen him play against Cov as a youngster.

Ccfcisparks

I saw Ashley Cole play for Roma at Man City (free ticket), he really was a top class left back even then as a veteran, him and Totti were the best players on the pitch. That said, I have also seen him play against Cov as a youngster.
Wow what game was that, would it have been an academy game?

Skybluefaz

Cantona, Scholes, Giggs, Lampard, Henry, Vidic, Adams, Shearer, Rio Ferdinand, Barry Quinn. If I had to pick one it would be Cantona. So many great players though.

Evo1883

ashley cole used to give christiano Ronaldo nightmares ..I think Ronaldo only ever beat him a couple of times ...but over the 12 matches they played against each other Cole pretty much had him in his pocket every time

stupot07

I'm not sure Bergkamp would be in my top 5

Henry, Shearer, Keane, Viera, Scholes, Giggs, Lampard, Gerrard, Ashley Cole, all had more impact and longer premier careers.

He was a good player mind.

Edit. Just looked back at his stats and hadn't realised that he scored few goals in his second half of his arsenal career.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

I'm not sure Bergkamp would be in my top 5

Henry, Shearer, Keane, Viera, Scholes, Giggs, Lampard, Gerrard, Ashley Cole, all had more impact and longer premier careers.

He was a good player mind.

Edit. Just looked back at his stats and hadn't realised that he scored few goals in his second half of his arsenal career.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Vieira 10 years , Henry 9 years
bergkamp 11 years

Bergkamp was a tremendous player , regarded by most as top 5 Dutch players of all time ..statue at the Emirates.

Was a second striker , played further back than tierry Henry and Ian Wright previous .
Obsolete position in many ways in todays game , but it was used in a 442 and he was the playmaker between midfield and striker

Outstanding footballer

87 goals 94 assists in 314 league games

120 goal 117 assists for arsenal in total

3 Premier league titles

He was a genius

Last edited:

clint van damme

In your opinion ..

For me

Dennis Bergkamp

Arguably the 3rd best Dutch player in history behind van Basten and cruyff

Never seen a player as elegant, intelligent or technically brilliant...without much pace at all either

For me he's the greatest and one of my favourite players ever to watch

One of my favorites. The man could trap a wasp.
First touch was incredible

PurpleBin

Vieira 10 years , Henry 9 years
bergkamp 11 years

Bergkamp was a tremendous player , regarded by most as top 5 Dutch players of all time ..statue at the Emirates.

Was a second striker , played further back than tierry Henry and Ian Wright previous .
Obsolete position in many ways in todays game , but it was used in a 442 and he was the playmaker between midfield and striker

Outstanding footballer

87 goals 94 assists in 314 league games

120 goal 117 assists for arsenal in total

3 Premier league titles

He was a genius

He's my favourite of all time. Absolute class. If he wasn't there, that Arsenal side wouldn't have achieved what they did.

His goal against Argentina, 98 world cup is my favourite goal of all time.

ccfctommy

Only played in the Prem for Everton did he not?

Liquid Gold

Henry for me. Was completely unplayable on his day (which was very often). Won the World Cup at 21, Euros at 23. 1 in 2 through his entire career playing in France, Italy England and Spain. Arsenal's record goalscorer. Was in the PFA team of the year six times in a row, golden boot 4 times.

I don't think there has been a striker in the PL era that has been as consistently brilliant as him. Salah had a good couple years, Aguero has been great for some time, Suarez had two amazing season as did Torres and Ronaldo became a beast before leaving United but Henry was brilliant for 8 years, Aguero has had two more years but scored just 7 more goals.

He had t do all of this against some mean defences, the early Mourinho teams at Chelsea that just didn't concede, Vidic and Ferdinand at Utd plus all the amazing defenders he did over in Europe.

Paxman II

Too difficult to say. there's been some wonderful players. Drogba has not had a mention. Shearer's record is immense, he was a goal scorer pure and simple. Scoles, cantona, Ronaldo. But what of the greatest defenders? Adams? The best keeper? Scheimcal? Would like to see a team made up of the best for each position?

D

Deleted member 11652

Too difficult to say. there's been some wonderful players. Drogba has not had a mention. Shearer's record is immense, he was a goal scorer pure and simple. Scoles, cantona, Ronaldo. But what of the greatest defenders? Adams? The best keeper? Scheimcal? Would like to see a team made up of the best for each position?

Cech

Neville
Vidic
Terry
Cole

Lampard
Viera
De Bruyne

Ronaldo
Henry
Giggs

Kompany
Evra
Keane
Beckham
Salah
Rooney
Aguero

But remember I’m too young to remember anything earlier than 2004!

Users who are viewing this thread