Best player from our past to help us with relegation battle (1 Viewer)

flashgary

I know from time to time people have posted their fave teams players etc. But who would be the best player to help us survive relegation. Im now talking about players in their prime while playing for us.

Nonleagueherewecome

Ian Wallace, Dion Dublin, or Clarrie Boughton: we need a goalscorer! Frankly, we don't have to even go back through the ages: if we just had King still, we wouldn't be in this mess.

flashgary

My first thought was Robbie Keane, lots of pace, skill and the ability to score. However i was also thinking of a decent goal scoring midfielder to not only score but to provide as well possibly David Speedie?

Godiva

Dennis Wise.

We need first and foremost a real general in midfield to bring urgency to our game and to scare the living hell out of the opposition (and to idle teammates).

Otis

George Curtis!

None of these silly mistakes at the back. The ball would just be constanly blasted into row Z

Astute

Dennis Wise without a doubt. He took us from a relegation battle to 8th place in a 3rd of a season. Try and name another player that has done this for us within 50 years?

Terry Yorath for me - he played 99 games for CCFC between 1976-1979.

This guy took no prisoners in centre mid breaking up attacks, taking players out and creating chances for us - opposition players were genuinely scared shitless when he was on the park.

Centre mids of Yorath and Wisey playing together at their peaks, now that would ruffle a few feathers !!!

PUSB

pusbccfc

Dennis wise for sure.

Also hate to say it but, if marlon king was still a sky blue, we wouldn't have been in the bottom 3 for sure.

Dennis wise for sure.

Also hate to say it but, if marlon king was still a sky blue, we wouldn't have been in the bottom 3 for sure.

Goes without saying that. In the first 6 games alone all we needed was someone to bag our chances.

Brighton Sky Blue

Clarrie Bourton wouldn't be a bad call-who better to boost a flailing attack than the record scorer?

covcity4life

"You're only as good as your front two"

is that a good thing in the run in for us? platt/nimely arent scoring lots but are a nice lil partnership

millwall-henderson 1 man team,can he keep it up?

forest-blackstock-great player

portsmouth-kitson,does he score anymore?

doncaster-no more billy sharpe upfront,weaker

bristol city-no maynard anymore,stead is good but not always prolific

i dunno,i think playy/nimely gives a better chance than platt/juke would have

rob9872

For those who say Hartson - he didn't!

Had we not p*ssed about and got him in sooner then I think we would have survived and who knows where we might be now. Would have kept him, Hadji and B*llamy and the Sheikh looking for a team in Sky Blue may have selected us instead as ManCity were 2nd or 3rd tier at the time.

Alex Nimley anyone? Hopefully!

SkyBlueScottie

Dublin, led from the front. Anybody that says Hartson really should say Dublin as Hartson was the only time we truly replaced Dion.

Wise is also a good shout, as he dictated games.

SkyBluegilby

Roland Nillson for me,

We lack leadership on the pitch, and I think he would work wonders with our young but talented back four,

I know it might be controversial but I dont think we would concede so many late goals with an old head at the back..

Either that or Dubs, for goals and the aforementioned steady head at the back.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Mick Quinn would have to come with Robert Rossario.

1992-3 17 goals. 10 goals in his first 6 games. Rossario was sold to Forest at the end of Feb, then his goals dried up, he only scored 3 until the end of the season, one being a pen. apps (Lge = 26, Cup = 1)

1993-4 9 goals (including 1 hat trick v Arsenal) apps - (Lge = 28 (4 sub) Cup = 1(2 sub))

1994-5 0 goals only 3 Lge apps.

WillieStanley

To be honest there have been loads over the years that could turn us round. What we need is leadership. Gary McAllister?

Wise is a great shout too!

sky_blue_up_north

George Curtis!

None of these silly mistakes at the back. The ball would just be constanly blasted into row Z

Agreed and add Maurice Setters and nothing would get in the 18 yard box

ExmouthNeil

Mick Quinn would have to come with Robert Rossario.

1992-3 17 goals. 10 goals in his first 6 games. Rossario was sold to Forest at the end of Feb, then his goals dried up, he only scored 3 until the end of the season, one being a pen. apps (Lge = 26, Cup = 1)

1993-4 9 goals (including 1 hat trick v Arsenal) apps - (Lge = 28 (4 sub) Cup = 1(2 sub))

1994-5 0 goals only 3 Lge apps.

100% Correct;);)

Johnnythespider

I choose Gary Mabbut's knee and dave bennett to show our players how to cross the ball for the strikers

Users who are viewing this thread