Best player for Coventry from the 90s (1 Viewer)

ilovik

Hi,

I am looking into some sports history. Who was the best player for Coventry in the 90s?

Greetings from Russia

nicksig

Oggy and Dublin. But some great times watching the likes of gallacher, boateng, huckerby, Nilsson, whelan, froggatt, keane

shmmeee

Dublin. Best player I've ever seen in Sky Blue.

Tons of quality though, Oggy, Borrows, Nilsson, Ndlovu, Huckerby, Whelan, Keane.

stupot07

Dublin for me, with honourable mentions to Nilsson, Keane, Mcallister and my favourite player Ndlovu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky Blue Harry H

Did Leigh Jenkinson appear in the nineties? Still makes me laugh thinking of his stepover 'move. If ever there was a one trick pony (donkey!)

ccfcway

Dion Dublin

FWIW, my team of the 90's

-------------Oggy-----------------

------Nilson---Babb----Burrows---

Salako----McAllister-----Marsden--

----Whelan-------Ndlovu----------

-------Dublin----Keane------------

Big Chris

The greatest times in the 90's were when we had a BLISTERING attacking force - Huckerby, Gallagher, Ndlovu....
Whilst Dublin was a great aerial threat, Peter Ndlovu was perhaps our most exciting player ever....
"Oh-oh, oh-oh, on the wing it's Ndlovu..."!!

oakey

Robbie Keane was the best player in the last 2 decades.

Dublin made a greater contribution over a longer period but that was not the question. He was not as good as Keane.

ccfcway

Robbie Keane was the best player in the last 2 decades.

Dublin made a greater contribution over a longer period but that was not the question. He was not as good as Keane.

TBF, if we are talking "BEST player" can we really look beyond Robert Jarni ?

Captain_Slackbladder

Peter Ndlovu by a country mile. The man was magnificent. He had Match of the Day discussing his balancing ability when Coventry versus Norwich was the top of the Premier League clash. I got my body and face caved in on the frontage of the East Terrace of Highfield Road when he destroyed the Aston Villa defence..... and his half volley into the empty net at Elland Road speaks for itself after Phil Babb (IMO a massively underated defender) had misssed afeter being put clean through... Best player ever in my opinion, I remember my dad (quiet as ever) saying "give it to Peter" - as if on first name terms.. Dion, yes great patron, I also thing he has been good to Coventry in retrospect as have many ex's I think the Coventry staff of the late 90's early 00's deserve huge credit for how certain players no perceive an are happy to speak good about the club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRM3PGI6KjM

Play Up Sky Blues

theferret

Ndlovu was class, but Huckerby by far the better player for me. Huckerby also played at the top for a longer period with several clubs in a top flight full of star foreigners. You only have to look at how Norwich City fans worship Huckerby to understand what a great player he was.

As for opening question, Dublin or Keane for me. Heart says Quinn, but great as he was, would he have scored a hat-trick at Arsenal on the opening day 10 years after he did? The game moved on very quickly through the 90s. Players like Ndlovu and Quinn who shone at the beginning of the decade would not have stood out so much by the end of it.

skybluetony176

Dublin for me.

although i have to say the team missed McAllister more when he left, hence the relegation from the premiership.

thaiskyblue

Ndlovu was class, but Huckerby by far the better player for me. Huckerby also played at the top for a longer period with several clubs in a top flight full of star foreigners. You only have to look at how Norwich City fans worship Huckerby to understand what a great player he was.

As for opening question, Dublin or Keane for me. Heart says Quinn, but great as he was, would he have scored a hat-trick at Arsenal on the opening day 10 years after he did? The game moved on very quickly through the 90s. Players like Ndlovu and Quinn who shone at the beginning of the decade would not have stood out so much by the end of it.
Huckerby was summed up by strachen perfectly , 1 week world beater, the next week carpet beater, had ability just lacking a bit up stairs, holds the unwanted record of the most offsides in a season, top bloke though had a proper drink with him and whelan in the red lion one sunday, top craic.

CJ_covblaze

Has to be Nuddy or Nilsson for me.

rondog1973

Brian Borrows for me was the most underated player in Britain for the best part of that decade.

Ndlovu remains the most naturally gifted player I have ever witnessed bar none.

ohitsaidwalker king power

How can I choose between Dublin, Hadji, Chippo, Keane, Gary Mac, Hucks, Nilsson, Nuddy.....Sean Flynn?
Ok maybe not the last fella ;)- but how I long to watch players of such class wear the Sky Blue shirt again.

Users who are viewing this thread