Best midfield pairing (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Hamer and Kelly away. Home might start with Sheaf and if he's having a mare swap him for Kelly.

Going forward, Sheaf's okay/great.

Defensively under pressure, he's a liability. I remember one point today, Gyk avoided passing to him around the centre circle area.

It's the obsessive defence of Sheaf that's odd, just admit when he's done wrong.

Sick Boy

Defensively under pressure, he's a liability. I remember one point today, Gyk avoided passing to him around the centre circle area.

It's the obsessive defence of Sheaf that's odd, just admit when he's done wrong.
The obsessive attacks on him are odder.
He’s a young player that Robins has seen enough in to decide he’s worth developing. The boo boys strangely miss the flashes of brilliance he shows.

stay_up_skyblues

Good player who will improve. Got a clanger in him defensively so would probably benefit from playing further up the pitch until he irons out the odd mistake.

Fadz and Hyam prone to a clanger last season. Improved. No reason Sheaf won’t be the same.

Be good if we can wrap this up and not have to hear cc84 droning on about todays mistake for months….

ccfc92

Poor defensive passing/awareness, why should he be immune to the criticism?

I want him to do well, but he's consistently linked to conceding goals because of poor decisions and people defend it vigorously.

stevefloyd

He’s a young player that Robins has seen enough in to decide he’s worth developing. The boo boys strangely miss the flashes of brilliance he shows.
He does show flashes of brilliance at times but almost every game he is giving the ball away like that, its just too often and it needs cutting out because it will relegate him to the bench if it continues, he needs better decision making in dangerous areas

Sick Boy

Poor defensive passing/awareness, why should he be immune to the criticism?

I want him to do well, but he's consistently linked to conceding goals because of poor decisions and people defend it vigorously.
He’s not immune from criticism and we have other players who make clangers who are senior players.

Frostie

I think everybody has?
He was badly at fault for the second (although Rose is almost as culpable really) and also played a part in the first too.
It's the fact that he's the ONLY one that gets it that irks.

Kelly failed with a simple pass to O'Hare to give the ball away for their first, think it got mentioned just once on the Match Thread.

But for very fine margins like Rose's 2 blocks & one from Fadz, all of Rose, Kelly (again) & Hamer would also have given away goals in similar fashion in the 2nd half. No mention.

ccfc92

People reply to you and the other chuckle brother going way over the top.

How many times will you edit that reply?

giphy.gif

Sick Boy

He does show flashes of brilliance at times but almost every game he is giving the ball away like that, its just too often and it needs cutting out because it will relegate him to the bench if it continues, he needs better decision making in dangerous areas
As I said, he’s a player that we will develop over time; if he was the finished article and didn’t give the ball away, I doubt he’d be playing for us.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think everybody has?
He was badly at fault for the second (although Rose is almost as culpable really) and also played a part in the first too.

Kelly failed with a simple 5 yard pass to O'Hare to give the ball away for their first, think it got mentioned just once on the Match Thread.

But for very fine margins like Rose's 2 blocks & one from Fadz, all of Rose, Kelly (again) & Hamer would also have given away goals in similar fashion in the 2nd half. No mention.

O'Hare's footing seemed weirdly off today, just think he's trying too hard at the moment

ccfc92

I think everybody has?

Kelly failed with a simple 5 yard pass to O'Hare to give the ball away for their first, think it got mentioned just once on the Match Thread.

Nope, blaming everyone else in defence of Sheaf.

It's only my opinion and lot's may disagree, but it's being made more an issue than it actually is. Just admit he makes defensive fuck ups and we all move forward.

The fact a lot of people pick up on his failings, shows it can't be completely incorrect. Even MR hooked him off for Hamer, which I believe we should have started with.

Sky Blue Pete

So long as people admit when he gets it right

stevefloyd

As I said, he’s a player that we will develop over time; if he was the finished article and didn’t give the ball away, I doubt he’d be playing for us.
They all give the ball away at times but Sheaf tends to pass blind and drops us in the shite more on occasions, its this thats got people 'bashing' him because as I said its almost every game but I will say his tackling and passing generally is good except whe he keeps dropping a bollock

stupot07

I think everybody has?

Kelly failed with a simple pass to O'Hare to give the ball away for their first, think it got mentioned just once on the Match Thread.

This ^^^

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Happily, if he bangs in a 30 yard screamer or gives an assured performance, I'll sing his praises.

It's the defending his failings that's odd, especially when they're so blatant.
He is one of ours and he’s 22 or 23. Try focusing on the positives

ccfc92

They all give the ball away at times but Sheaf tends to pass blind and drops us in the shite more on occasions, its this thats got people 'bashing' him because as I said its almost every game but I will say his tackling and passing generally is good except whe he keeps dropping a bollock

This.

procdoc

You’ve got to remember the OP thought Robins shits himself at this level, wanted us to sign Gnadullet and basically could write their entire knowledge of the game on the back of a postage stamp

mds

I think its hard to just pick out one player and blame him for any goal we concede. Its the way we play, pass it around at the back and we often look and are careless with the ball, there are many times over the course of this season where we`ve played around with the ball when it should just be wellied down the field to get it away. we are our own worst enemies at times.
But overall loving the way we play ;)

ccfc92

He is one of ours and he’s 22 or 23. Try focusing on the positives

The age thing will only last so long.

From a child, everybody is taught to not play suicide passes and play the way they're facing. It's basic football and he is meant to be a professional from one of the best club's in the world academies.

I'm not expecting him or any of our players to be 100% every game, but with Sheaf he's consistently fucking up and it's costing us. Why there's even a debate about this, is beyond me.

Frostie

You’ve got to remember the OP thought Robins shits himself at this level, wanted us to sign Gnadullet and basically could write their entire knowledge of the game on the back of a postage stamp

With a paint roller

Users who are viewing this thread