• Hamer and sheaf

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Hamer and Allen

Votes: 46 47.4%
  • Hamer and Kelly

Votes: 16 16.5%

• Total voters

rob9872

Away from home against the better sides when we're perhaps looking to contain, I can see merit in starting Kelly and possibly resting Hamer. When we're being more expansive and trying to get forward, then it must be Hamer with either Sheaf or Allen imo and for his energy and strength, most of the time I'd prefer Sheaf, but to unlock some of the teams then Alken breaking from deeper is a great weapon. The main thing is that all are available and we have options not only to start but to change and effect positively.

CCFC54321

It isn't, Kelly for all his merits would not be in a team top of the expected goals table. We're a team that comes out to try and win games from the off, he's not going to get a game from the start.
I bet you Kelly will work himself back as an automatic first choice by November when I’d imagine he was fully fit. Robins loves what kelly brings to the side along with his experience in hopefully seeing games out. Understand your point of view and you could be right but I don’t see it.

Reactions: vow

Londonccfcfan

Kelly - When the weather is shit and our pitch not conducive for pretty neat triangle passing. He will be the first person I want in my team for a battle.

Reactions: vow

CDK

Think it's better to get Kelly fully fit as he's not been missed so far,maybe more missed if we hit a bad run which we will get at some piont this season then his experience will be crucial.

Grendel

Kelly sitting in front of the back three allowing hamer and o’hare to go forward I think is robins preferred three.

We’ve changed plan this season and are trying to have a more attacking emphasis - Kelly doesn’t fit that mould

vow

Hamer and Allen while Kelly isn't fit.

Ultimately Hamer and Kelly.

Evo1883

Hamer and Allen while Kelly isn't fit.

Ultimately Hamer and Kelly.

I think after watching us all this season so far , that Kelly would struggle to link play between midfield and forwards / wing backs as quickly and effectively as both Allen and sheaf ... making us lose the ball more , and ultimately spending longer periods deeper .

IMHO Kelly is a player now that should be drafted in when we are trying to see out a win or hold on away at a tough place .. or even if we are being overran in midfield .

It’sabatch87

I’m wondering if vs Fulham Robins will play Kelly Sheaf and Hamer with O’Hare just behind Vik up front on his own? Or is that to like last years model and we play this years Fook it lets attack em model?

stupot07

For me Hamer and Sheaf, but Allen has been a revelation this season. It is horses for courses though either pairing on current form is a strong one. Kelly's going to have a long wait until he can get into the team.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

vow

I think after watching us all this season so far , that Kelly would struggle to link play between midfield and forwards / wing backs as quickly and effectively as both Allen and sheaf ... making us lose the ball more , and ultimately spending longer periods deeper .

IMHO Kelly is a player now that should be drafted in when we are trying to see out a win or hold on away at a tough place .. or even if we are being overran in midfield .
Good points evo, but I still feel Kelly has a lot to offer ahead of Allen and especially Sheaf.

Allen is definitely more of a dynamic force than Kelly but he's a leader by example and is the glue to our team 😍

Underestimate Kelly at your peril!

Offhegoes

Really great to have all 4 in competition. Love the way Sheaf can dictate play, but Allen offers more drive and attacking intent. I would be tempted to start Sheaf on Friday, bring Allen on if we need a goal, and Kelly to come on if we're defending a one goal lead.

Sick Boy

I bet you Kelly will work himself back as an automatic first choice by November when I’d imagine he was fully fit. Robins loves what kelly brings to the side along with his experience in hopefully seeing games out. Understand your point of view and you could be right but I don’t see it.
Who’s he going to drop them?

rhino1002

This thread is making the assumption that Robins will always play a back three centre half
He may switch it to a flat back four occasionally in which case you could play 3 central midfielders to include Kelly with two others or play Sheaf Hamer and Allen
i remember the game against Blackburn away last season when he changed the system and it totally threw Tony Mowbray

Evo1883

It has to be Allen and Hamer. teams can’t deal with the movement of the ball and the players movement when they’re in midfield.

They complement eachother with the workrate .. yea Allen may not be as naturally gifted as sheaf .. but what a little player his all round game is great

stupot07

It has to be Allen and Hamer. teams can’t deal with the movement of the ball and the players movement when they’re in midfield.
I have to say I thought we missed sheaf in the first half, when we gave them far too much respect and allowed them to control the ball the long periods, there were times it looked like Hamer was playing on his own in midfield, second half though Allen was outstanding and they couldn't live with the midfield movement.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mr Panda

Would be interesting to see who Hamer would pick as his preferred partner. I'd bet Sheaf, he always looks confident playing the ball into his feet.

After our start and the way we're playing I don't see Kelly starting for a while yet. We'd be sacrificing the dominance/fluidity in midfield that won us the game yesterday.

procdoc

Would be interesting to see who Hamer would pick as his preferred partner. I'd bet Sheaf, he always looks confident playing the ball into his feet.

After our start and the way we're playing I don't see Kelly starting for a while yet. We'd be sacrificing the dominance/fluidity in midfield that won us the game yesterday.
Kelly will be pivotal in those tough winter games where we need that extra steel and leadership so he still has a big part to play in my opinion. The emergence of Allen as a good championship player is a welcome bonus. We also have Eccles to come back and he was looking very good at the end of last season. Robins has some good options

Users who are viewing this thread