• Hamer and sheaf

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Hamer and Allen

Votes: 46 47.4%
  • Hamer and Kelly

Votes: 16 16.5%

• Total voters

Evo1883

Hamer has to start so no point saying otherwise .

Personal opinion , we've looked better with Allen and hamer (so far )

shmmeee

Horses for courses. I don’t think Allen would’ve been right yesterday, they were so dominant in the air and we needed all the height we could get. I thought Sheaf played OK yesterday, not everything came off like any of our players and at least he had a shot or two from distance. His left footed cross second half was excellent too.

Against Cardiff and Boro I thought we could play our game more and Allen gave us more drive going forwards.

I think they both offer us different setups in midfield that we’ll need at different points.

CovBrummie94

We missed Allen’s runs from midfield yesterday as Sheaf sat deeper. My preferred 2 is Allen and Hamer but it’s good to have the options of Sheaf and Kelly (when fit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Horses for courses. I don’t think Allen would’ve been right yesterday, they were so dominant in the air and we needed all the height we could get. I thought Sheaf played OK yesterday, not everything came off like any of our players and at least he had a shot or two from distance. His left footed cross second half was excellent too.

Against Cardiff and Boro I thought we could play our game more and Allen gave us more drive going forwards.

I think they both offer us different setups in midfield that we’ll need at different points.

Don't disagree , feel like hamer and Allen compliment eachother with their workrates , you could see hamer had to work much harder yesterday to almost compensate for sheafs less intense play style shall we say .. absolutely fucked at full time

shmmeee

Interesting reading the passing stats here: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/17/Show/England-Coventry

Both come off well, Sheaf has the best pass competion in the squad as well as the most passes, also holds up well on key passes:

E6CA7688-3E7F-4FDB-97F9-7B3343EE5024.jpeg

I’d quite like to see the box with Sheaf deeper and Allen and O’Hare behind Györkeres. I think Vik on current form is a very different proposition as a lone striker to anyone we had last season.

Edit: check the defensive stats as well, in many Sheaf is top or top non CB. I honestly think he doesn’t get credit for an awful lot he does because he’s taller than Kelly and Allen and so it doesn’t look like his legs are moving as fast.

Last edited:

Evo1883

Interesting reading the passing stats here: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/17/Show/England-Coventry

Both come off well, Sheaf has the best pass competion in the squad as well as the most passes, also holds up well on key passes:

View attachment 21868

I’d quite like to see the box with Sheaf deeper and Allen and O’Hare behind Györkeres. I think Vik on current form is a very different proposition as a lone striker to anyone we had last season.

Edit: check the defensive stats as well, in many Sheaf is top or top non CB. I honestly think he doesn’t get credit for an awful lot he does because he’s taller than Kelly and Allen and so it doesn’t look like his legs are moving as fast.

I wonder how stats stack up as a pairing , I know it's not possible but I'd be interested , individual performances not a large enough barometer on the effect on the whole team .

Ozil a good example, fantastic stats , detrimental in other areas .

Not saying Sheaf is , I still do have reservations though , much like with maatson .. Ben offers alot more than maatson though tbh

covcity4life

Gone with hamer and sheaf

Not sure how can vote for Allen when he's only played 2 games recently where everyone has liked him universally.

covcity4life

View attachment 21868

Hope for you yet

covcity4life

So you went for Sheaf who's never played a game where everyone has liked him? 😂
I don't care what other ppl think. Sheaf has played a lot more games in the championship for us than Allen has. And anyone who doesnt appreicate him is alao the type of dumb fan that said we would get relegated last year and this year not to mention never get promoted from league 1

Evo1883

I don't care what other ppl think. Sheaf has played a lot more games in the championship for us than Allen has. And anyone who doesnt appreicate him is alao the type of dumb fan that said we would get relegated last year and this year not to mention never get promoted from league 1

Well last season sheaf played about 500 minutes more than Allen in the league .

And I don't think he's as good as you do, and I always said we'd stay up last year

Where does that leave that assumption now 😆

Seriously though , just say you prefer sheaf without the nonsense

Garryb80

Don't care what others think but mentioned public opinion in your justification of not picking Allen.. brilliant!

Mucca Mad Boys

Based on current viewing:

Home fixtures - Allen and Hamer
Away fixtures - Sheaf and Hamer

I think Allen has offered a good outlet in a deeper role in the home games. However, with our away form, we probably do need to keep things a bit more conservative.

Kelly will be in the conversation when he’s fit again, but it is early days and the form of Sheaf and Allen will give Robins the opportunity to ease Kelly in.

CDK

It's all good I went sheaf and hamer,but also happy if it's Allen or Kelly along side hamer as it's great we have options think options wise we are lot better off from keeper right through to strikers this season.

covcity4life

Well last season sheaf played about 500 minutes more than Allen in the league .

And I don't think he's as good as you do, and I always said we'd stay up last year

Where does that leave that assumption now 😆

Seriously though , just say you prefer sheaf without the nonsense
What r u talking about? Not thinking he's as good as I do doesn't mean you don't appreicate him does it?

Unless you are saying you dont appreicate him?

covcity4life

Don't care what others think but mentioned public opinion in your justification of not picking Allen.. brilliant!
Nope. Said hes only really had 2 good games in most people's eyes in championship. Plz don't tell me u think sheaf has had less.

Bernie Rhodes Nose

It's all good I went sheaf and hamer,but also happy if it's Allen or Kelly along side hamer as it's great we have options think options wise we are lot better off from keeper right through to strikers this season.
Still need another centre back. But apart from that I think our bench is beginning to look pretty decent.

Londonccfcfan

View attachment 21868

Based on current viewing:

Home fixtures - Allen and Hamer
Away fixtures - Sheaf and Hamer

I think Allen has offered a good outlet in a deeper role in the home games. However, with our away form, we probably do need to keep things a bit more conservative.

Kelly will be in the conversation when he’s fit again, but it is early days and the form of Sheaf and Allen will give Robins the opportunity to ease Kelly in.

Exactly my views.

Londonccfcfan

As a pairing there is no doubt the most mobile are Hamer and Allen as a pair.
The build up to the goal vs Cardiff...prime example.

Ie the most Box to Box energy.

This a big strength. Imo.

I'm glad Allen's and Waghorn been Rested ....Posh won't know what's hit them.

Liquid Gold

Allen has had two good games after nearly leaving and people seem to dislike Sheaf for no reason and are incapable of changing their minds so this result is expected

Londonccfcfan

Allen has been a game changer.
Come on as Sub vs Barnsley. Won penalty! Should have secured a point.

Come on as Sub vs Reading..Scored brilliant goal. And substitutions changed game

Cardiff simply Superb. Motm

rob9872

Went for Hamer and Sheaf. But times when Allen will be right too. I imagine with suspensions, form and injuries there will be lots of combos before the season is out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I feel with Sheaf that he needs to play himself into form so if you start leave him out it takes him a couple of games to get back up to speed.

Users who are viewing this thread