Best match seen in the snow (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Whats the best City game seen in the snow?
I remember watching us thrash Blackburn 5-0 in 1995

Sbmacca

Whats the best City game seen in the snow?
I remember watching us thrash Blackburn 5-0 in 1995

That was my first year as a 15yr old st holder...looking back i cant believe my old dear got me one...but yes, a great game.that sticks in my memory...

skybluesam66

3-0 (1?) v bolton following appeal on tv for people to turn up early to clear the snow for a free ticket , the match went ahead

i think it was an ian wallace hat trick ( and he had a further couple disallowed)

McLovin87

Memories of beating Everton 3-2 at Highfield Road around Xmas 1978.

Fans clearing the pitch beforehand, orange ball and lines cleared with a shovel.

I'm pretty sure they were un beaten that season until we beat them, it was the main match on Match of the Day. I think Howard Kendall was manager and complained about the state of the pitch just as Blackburn did in that match that was previously mentioned.

Baginton

I saw on tv Tromso v Chelsea, the game was stopped about 30 times to clear the lines, but they played :claping hands:

Flying Fokker

Memories of beating Everton 3-2 at Highfield Road around Xmas 1978.

Fans clearing the pitch beforehand, orange ball and lines cleared with a shovel.

I'm pretty sure they were un beaten that season until we beat them, it was the main match on Match of the Day. I think Howard Kendall was manager and complained about the state of the pitch just as Blackburn did in that match that was previously mentioned.

That was the one! fantastic atmosphere, snowball fights with the everton fans and a good game to go with it. I remember the appeals being put out in the coventry telegraph and the press afterwards as well.

CovisGod

Definitely the 5-0 against Blackburn, was the year after they won the league if I remember correctly, think Ndlovu scored, and Rennie maybe ? What a game that was

rupert_bear

it was one nil to the sky blues..lloyd mccarth scoring a very rare goal..[/QUOTE Think it was 1987 the week before we played them in the quarter final at HillsbroughHalf the Wednesday first team were sat in the Main Stand. That was the day that dirty bastard crocked Dean Emerson with an obvious over the top tackle

rupert_bear

As for the best match in the snow us older fans will re-call our 5-1 win over Southampton around January 1965 when the majestic George Hudson ran their defence ragged and scored what some will say one of the best goals ever at HR juggling the ball a few times, flicking it over their centre-half's head and burying the ball in the back of the net. We bought that centre half a few seasons later, Tony Knapp, who was feckin crap.

vincy

Just reading the best atmosphere thread. Was thinking Cov 4 Spurs 3 Christmas 86 was a good shout. Was that in the snow?

Users who are viewing this thread