Best Loanee (1 Viewer)

We've had some impressive loanees over the last few decades. We've had some bloody awful ones too, but we've found some right little gems in the past. So for this week's Cooks Question, i want to know 'Who is your favourite CCFC loanee?'. For me, it has to be David McGoldrick. When he first arrived, i was very skeptical, as he hadn't done a lot for Nottingham Forest, but boy did he prove me wrong. He scored goals and broke records like there was no tomorrow. A modern day City legend. But whats your view? Who made the biggest impact during a short period with the sky blues? Get your answers in before 10AM this Thursday (19th November) and i'll read out the best of the bunch during Sports Lounge, live on 98.6 Hillz FM from 10am this Thursday. Thanks again for your fantastic contribution. PUSB!

GaryJones

Its early days but Im struggling to think of anyone better than Armstrong to be honest!

stupot07

Armstrong, Mcgoldrick, Stephen Warnock.

Hignett was class but wasn't here that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlueZack

Henderson was good. Same for Warnock. Got to be Arma or McGoldrick though, mainly because they score goals and that's what we all want to see! Note for Murphy too, although he's hot and cold, he's a matchwinner and it's great to have him in the team.

lifeskyblue

You could see the class of Henderson when he was here.
Armstrong a clear contender and if he stays and we get promoted he will become a legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Marsden was good, but I agree with Stu. Armstrong, McGoldrick, Warnock. I would say Henderson but he doesn't really stick out that much for me.

Chris Marsden and Stuart Robson were both loanee's. Singed one and missed out on one at the time.

torchomatic

Bang. Too late.

Before you all gun me down just realised that he didn't join on loan and it was just a short term contract.

I'll go with Armstrong

JulianDarbyFTW

Jose Perdomo. South American flair. Marsden was class, and should have been signed. Came from Huddersfield reserves IIRC. Think Cedric Roussel was originally a loan, too. He was great at first then faded badly. Modern-day, I think we have to go with McGoldrick. Maybe this season's bunch will surpass him, but it's too early to say for sure.

mechaishida

Chris Marsden and Stuart Robson were both loanee's. Singed one and missed out on one at the time.

Marsden, yes, he made quite an impression with his coolness and composure with the ball - was it Notts County he was playing for at the time? Phil Neal didn't want to cough up something trivial like £50k to get him permanently, the miserable git.

In recent memory, the usual suspects spring instantly to mind.

LastGarrison

Warnock for me, he was superb and I'm sure he got player of the season!

Also, Colin Healey was excellent and looked a really decent player with us and a shame how his career went after that tackle by Safri.

Grendel

Fulop was a good loan signing. One of the better keepers we've had.

Johnnythespider

Chris Marsden for me because of the league we were in at the time. He always seemed to have so much time on the ball, very clever player, I was gutted when we didn't sign him. Then Armstrong who is going to fire us to promotion and Warnock

Gazolba

David McGoldrick. A great player. TM could do wonders with him.

Johhny Blue

My old mind has gone blank.. Who scored the two free kicks in a game a couple of years ago? I think he played one and a half games and scored twice? (From Sheffield Wed?)

Sky Blue Pete

Chris marsden was extraordinary in that home game against Swindon. Crazy not to sign him.

Armstrong best loanee since those days

vow

My old mind has gone blank.. Who scored the two free kicks in a game a couple of years ago? I think he played one and a half games and scored twice? (From Sheffield Wed?)

Chris Maguire ;)

Mk Dons 1-3 City

SlowerThanPlatt

Chris Maguire ;)

Mk Dons 1-3 City

Both the goals were indentical. Remember we were crap first half and had previously lost 2 games in a row 5-0 and 3-0 I think. We got a lucky deflected goal back and there was only going to be one winner after that with the support we had.

rd45

Was my son's first away game that day. Unbelievable when the second free kick went in.

mechaishida

Anyone for Cedric Roussel? Ok, he's not the best or most memorable loan signing, but I found the guy likeable for some reason. Plus he knocked one in against the Villa.

vow

vow

Goals from that MK Dons match above ^

Chris Marsden is a great shout, liking Armstrong atm too.

Hobo

Armstrong, Mcgoldrick, Stephen Warnock.

Hignett was class but wasn't here that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Agree with those and Chris Marsden who we should have signed.

Users who are viewing this thread