Best goal you remember..... (1 Viewer)

DazzleTommyDazzle

Didn't your namesake score a goal against arsenal at Highbury when he dribbled past the whole team shortly after signing?

My brother who is a lot older than me went on about it for years.

Sadly I wasn't there, but you're right.

It was in the days when only a couple of games were televised (for the benefit of our younger posters.....) and on that day Don Rogers scored a televised goal (can't remember who for) where he ran from the half way line to score. TV made a lot of fuss about it.

In the papers on the Monday they compared Hutch's goal to Rogers', saying that the latter was akin to a sprint, wheras the former was more of a hurdle race!

deanocity3

It was in the days when only a couple of games were televised (for the benefit of our younger posters.....) and on that day Don Rogers scored a televised goal (can't remember who for) where he ran from the half way line to score. TV made a lot of fuss about it.

In the papers on the Monday they compared Hutch's goal to Rogers', saying that the latter was akin to a sprint, wheras the former was more of a hurdle race!

I've sent hutch the match report from CET hutch 19.jpg

deanocity3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRPvJ-fYqDA the last goal palace 5 man u 0

LastGarrison

Dobbo keeps asking me if I have it..
NO NO NO NO
he says it was from 60 yeards out
is this true:thinking about:

I was at the match and I seem to remember it was just inside their half.

So further than 35 yards but not quite 60. ;)

It was a belter though!

Grendel

I was at the match and I seem to remember it was just inside their half.

So further than 35 yards but not quite 60. ;)

It was a belter though!

Larry Lloyd scored once inside our half from memory versus Norwich.

DazzleTommyDazzle

just hit it too hard,think keeper was stuck between players and couldn't reach it

In my memory big Larry was around the half way line, out towards the left touchline and looked like he was trying to put a "hopeful cross" into the box, but sliced it a bit with his trusty left foot and the ball sailed over Keelan into the net.

The worrying thing is that I can remember that clearly, but couldn't recall half of last season's reults! :thinking about:

Stafford_SkBlue

Partridge against Reading was a good one, in front of the West terrace. Think it was the same day England had won the rugby World Cup

Think it was a boxing day match?? Our CF (name escapes me) picked him up and spun him around.
Another boxing day goal was Wallace Vs Norwich (think it was our second), an overhead effort. Final score 5-4 - Norwich miss last min pen.

Grendel

Peter Bodak in a cup tie at Maine road (3 - 1?) is in the memory bank. Chip from the edge of the area to win the game.

I think you will find it was against Banik ostrava ( 10-08-90) in a 3-2 win.

Pavel Srnicek (ex newcastle keeper) was there keeper at the time. Up there in my favourite city goals. Froggatt v Everton or Ndlovu v Norwich and Villa (First premier league season)

Best opponents goal? Rob Lee 2-2 (Dublin cheeky goal) Or Davor Suker (3-2 win)

wingy

Peter Bodak in a cup tie at Maine road (3 - 1?) is in the memory bank. Chip from the edge of the area to win the game.

Yea superb ball out of defence by a very young very useful Ian Butterworth

Bodak carries it for 20-30 yds and lobs the advancing Joe Corrigan,fantastic game Stevie hunt also scored a worldy IIRC can't remember the other .

Got a hiding on the way back to the car afterwards.

Hadenough

Watford striker Troy Deeney today......

RME

Ernie Machin in our 2-0 win at HR v Man U, in first season in Div 1. How far have we fallen!

Grendel

ccfcrob

Willo floods goal at the ricoh from the sideline in line with the area... Great finish

Users who are viewing this thread