Best Games (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

In comparison to the Worst thread :)

It has to be from 1st game after Relegation to now :)

For me:

PNE in the JPT and Pompey away winning 3-0

Damn, that was gonna be my Cooks Question for next week haha. My best game would probs be the JPT game at The Ricoh against Preston. We went mental! When we were behind with a couple of minutes left, I told my friends if we came back to win the game i'd eat my trainers. That was a year ago and im still searching for that recipe ;)

The Gentleman

Cup final and not just because we won, thought it was a classic in terms of the match itself and the drama of the day. Especially as you look down the team sheet of Spurs it made it even better. If I was to pick another one it would be us beating Villa 3-0 boxing day early 90's with Quinny getting a brace and Rosario chipping in. What football was all about for me then, fuck the politics, just a load of mates forgetting everything else for a few hours and watching your team either in your City or away from home.

ccfc92

Cup final and not just because we won, thought it was a classic in terms of the match itself and the drama of the day. Especially as you look down the team sheet of Spurs it made it even better. If I was to pick another one it would be us beating Villa 3-0 boxing day early 90's with Quinny getting a brace and Rosario chipping in. What football was all about for me then, fuck the politics, just a load of mates forgetting everything else for a few hours and watching your team either in your City or away from home.

I agree with all that, but I think you missed the after relegation bit :)

bringbackrattles

Been thinking hard on this and it has to be back to the 70's again and a Boxing day match verses Norwich at Highfield Road.
We won 5-4 with Blyth saving a last minute penalty.It has been talked about as one of the most exciting matches and I agree.

The Gentleman

I agree with all that, but I think you missed the after relegation bit :)

That's the problem though, I can't really think of any that have been anywhere near the feeling of those games. I forgot to add too the 5-4 game against Forest, think it was a midweek game. Alright as you have asked again, the one against PNE in the cup was good. Also, the day I took my daughters to their first (and last) game, it was early 2000's.

Obvious ones already mentioned but also remember the 4-3 v Man City when David Thompson was on fire! Every time we scored they equalised. Preston at home when we were 4-0 up after 20 minutes. Both games at HR in early days of Championship or was it Div One then! And the 6-1 v Derby (1st season at Ricoh)

dancers lance

Spurs away when we stayed up.
4-3 Man U.
Last game at Highfield Rd.

Sterling Archer

After relegation from the Prem:

4-3 Vs Man City (Cracking back and forth game, Thommo had a blinder)
3-0 Vs Derby (McAllister wondergoal, streaker, seeing my mate walk into a lamp post)
6-2 Vs Derby (Perfect end to a home we should still be playing in)
Away at Man Utd in the Carling Cup was a brilliant night out
The JPT win against Preston was brilliant and ludicrous in equal measure

I also remember a 1-0 win Vs Cardiff where we were down to 10 men for ages of the game (I think Scott Shearer got sent off) and it was a wonderful battling display where we sneaked a result. The two games at MK Dons have also been great away days.

Far from me being deliberately a miserable bar steward but there's very few stand out moments for me as a Cov fan since the Prem years, especially compared to other clubs in that period who have at least one memory that involves a promotion, a day out at Wembley or something similar.

RoboCCFC90

After Relegation from the Prem... That's difficult as there have been so many, but the best games in a top three for me would be:

1. Wolves (H) 08/09 in the League when they fluffed their penalty in the 90th minute :)
2. Preston (H) in the JPT, the come back was surreal.
3. Man Utd (A) in the Carling Cup.

Woodster

Most of my favourites have been mentioned already (putting six past Derby twice, Preston in the JPT) - a few others that spring to mind;

Beating Sunderland 2-1 first game of the 2006/07 season
Coming from behind to beat Preston 2-1, Doyle screamer
0-0 draw with Stoke at HR, Stephen Hughes' finest hour with the gloves

shmmeee

That I've been to either Forest at home in the cup in the 90s that ended 5-4, made me fall in love with the game that did.

Or in more recent times the Man Utd game just for the feeling of being with 11k SBA when we did what none of us thought we could.

ollyservetta

beating everton at hr on a sunday the year they won the league ,hard to relate the ccfc of then to the ccfc now ,great days ,you will never take the westend

Sky_Blue_Daz

Last game at highfield road
First game at ricoh
Beating sheff utd 2-0 dele and miffy I think

SkyBluePryce

3-0 against QPR, 1st game at the Rioch- remember leaving the stadium with genuine optimism! Since we've been in league 1- away at MK x2

Users who are viewing this thread