Best game you've ever been too (1 Viewer)

It was the semi I think, but the first leg. We lost 2-1 and then drew 0-0 back at highfield road.
I seem to remember Steve LIvinstone scored for us at the city ground. If only......

The 5 - 4 game was the year after, we got them again didn't we!! ffs them doves have got a lot to answer for!!

skybluelee

most gutted was at forest when steve hodge pushed gynny in the wall as phyco scored from a free kick...was it the 1/4 of the league cup, im sure we lost...my memory is shit too many nights spent in the eclipse :sleep:

It was the semi. Really harsh penalty given against Cyrille for their other goal as well.

worc0257

Another vote for Spurs 4-3. 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3. Quite weird portents of the cup final, e.g. fantastic header from Houchen (who in all honesty wasn't much good) for the first equaliser. Dave Bennett by miles my favourite ever player, feel about him the way my old man does about Tommy Hutchinson.

Always had a soft spot for Spurs after that season as well. What a good player Clive Allen was, didn't seem to have much about him, but scored nearly fifty goals that year IIRC.

How far we have fallen

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Mine's probably the 5-0 against Sheff Wed. Speeeeeeee-ddoooooo.

elephanttears

Sheff Wednesday quarter final city fans were amazing, spurs 4-3 very close second. Cyril doing a 1-2 with the crossbar is my favourite city goal.

LastGarrison

A lot already mentioned but will also throw in 5-0 against Blackburn in the snow with the orange ball and the 3-1 against Chelsea when they had to wear our away kit. Both great games.

And one, which I can't believe hasn't been mentioned, Coventry 6 - Derby 2, the last ever game at Highfield Road. What a game, what a fucking day!!!

Sky Blue Harry H

Cov 5 Norwich 4 - Boxing Day, about 1892 (a while back, anyway!) Jimmy Blyth saved a pen in k=last minute and got carried off on people's shoulders. Great game !

covboy1987

sky blues 5 forest 4 i think livingston got 4 of the goals and brian clough was going mental...we was 4-0 up at one point but forest fought back to 4-4...twas a good game

fantastic game Kevin gallagher got a hatrick and steve livingston got the other two

chiefdave

most gutted was at forest when steve hodge pushed gynny in the wall as phyco scored from a free kick...was it the 1/4 of the league cup, im sure we lost...my memory is shit too many nights spent in the eclipse :sleep:

it was pissing it down that day as well, remember we were standing behind the goal on an open terrace and they kept pushing kick off back as it was on the TV and news of Mandelas release was breaking.

chiefdave

there was another Xmas game against Spurs where Gazza whacked Lloyd McGrath and broke his own arm!

torchomatic

What about the 4-1 win last game of the season, '85? Brilliant that was. A packed HR, sunshine and goals. The only ever game that my late Mom went too. The last that Pearce and Butterworth played in before they went to Forest too.

Everton 1 Coventry at goodison park 1st game of season 1975 shook the whole of football david cross hatrick

James Smith

Cov 3 Utd 2 Huckerby skinning everyone and highfield road going nuts

My cousin came to her first match at that game and we had to tell her that it wasn't always like this.

deanocity3

Yes I was rather miffed myself, it must of been the semi finals, I am sure was the 2nd leg...we took thousands, up floodlights everywhere!! Can some stato on here remind me of what I think im talking about!!

it was the first leg that we lost 2-1,0-0 in the second about 1990-91.speedie missed a chance in the 88min at HR if he had scored we won have gone through on away goals it was against forest ,then the next season it was 5-4

Users who are viewing this thread