Best feeling ever? (1 Viewer)

Hutch11

What is the best feeling you've ever had Sky Blues related?

Mine is seeing my old man (never one to show emotion and sadly no longer with us) crying on the coach waiting to get out of wembley in 87.
Just seeing how much it meant to him

Something these rich twats in charge of clubs nowadays will never understand

Bugsy

got a few but ended up getting teary when we won the check trade as i didn't ever think I would see the day that Cov got to play at Wembley...PUSB

edit: also when we won 2-0 at old Trafford awesome scenes when the final whistle went...PUSB

Last edited:

Offhegoes

1987 Cup Final win of course, but I was only 10 so probably didn't appreciate how big that was back in the day (Cup was almost as important than the league in those days)
2018 Playoff Final Win - After 17 years (since relegation from Premier League) finally a bit of joy. Classy win too, with 3 great goals. Went into the close season so optimistic, which was spoilt by McNulty's move to be honest.

scottccfc

winning the checkatrade, seeing my 5year old lad grinning ear to ear was bliss especially after his first away day was a game earlier that season away to cambridge in the F.A cup when we got trounced!

SBT

White Hart Lane 97 - I was only young, but the euphoria at the end was unreal. Some random bloke put me on his shoulders and carried me down Seven Sisters Road afterwards.

The last game at Highfield Road - the whole thing was magic, but getting on the pitch and laying face down on the grass for a few seconds was something I won't forget. My dad called me later that night and drunkenly rambled to me about how being on the pitch was like being in heaven (he was weirdly right)

The Checkatrade final - the game itself was a cracker, but everything before the game was so surreal. The atmosphere in The Green Man was like Glastonbury or something, just magic.

clint van damme

Checkatrade.
Watching Cov at Wembley with my son was fantastic. Probably never happen again.
Also found out at half time that a mate of, big city fan, who I hadn't seen for a while had died so a pretty emotional day

DannyThomas_1981

I've seen it all from 1981.

But the recent seasons and the rise back from L2 have meant more to me than anything else.

Notts County away was very very special; Max's goal after we were under serious pressure after half time followed by the gliding run from Bayliss and finish - moments I will never forget. And don't get me going on the scenes at full time - never see the team and fans more united.

And then a couple of weeks later those magical moments at Wembley and in particular that wonder goal from Grimmer followed by Shippers driving forward and converting to seal the game in front of our fans- absolutely fantastic.

D

Deleted member 4439

Mine is seeing my old man (never one to show emotion and sadly no longer with us) crying on the coach waiting to get out of wembley in 87.

Hutch, that's a beautiful memory. Admit, brought a few tears to my eye, bringing back thoughts of how my Dad (also not one to show emotion) would come round my house in his later days to watch some away matches and, for the first times since I was a kid, we would hug before he left to go back to his house.

Ccfcisparks

Between the Checkatrade final and oddly the game against Wolves in League 1 when Aaron Phillips scored that half volley. They'd been pelting us all game with abuse and coins and things from above and when that goal went in we all turned around and gave some back. Class feeling.

Alkhen

I can't separate watching my first game at Highfield Road with my dad and watching the play-off final at Wembley with my lad.

Notable mention: Checkatrade final final whistle, it was just such a relief of some positivity after years of gloom following Cov

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Between the Checkatrade final and oddly the game against Wolves in League 1 when Aaron Phillips scored that half volley. They'd been pelting us all game with abuse and coins and things from above and when that goal went in we all turned around and gave some back. Class feeling.
That wolves game was class. I was in the corner and the south bank were going mental at us. Great scenes

Citysince47

Too many to mention.. First was gaining promotion from the (new) 4th div. My worst ever feeling was the Colchester game in 64 when George H scored the goal that got us promoted to the 2nd div. Why? Cos my dad, who took me to my first match in 1948 and instilled in me a love of the City, had passed away a few weeks earlier and so he never saw that promotion or the subsequent one to the first div. I'm now 76 and I still think of him every time we have a match. Tonight will be no exception. Thanks Dad

hill83

Such a nothing game in hindsight, but when we beat preston 3-2 in the checkatrade.
They were giving it loads all game and then Leon Clarke and Carl Baker pop up with 2 late goals. I was covered in cuts and bruises after that.

There's obviously better ones than that but I wanted to mention it.

Ccfcisparks

Such a nothing game in hindsight, but when we beat preston 3-2 in the checkatrade.
They were giving it loads all game and then Leon Clarke and Carl Baker pop up with 2 late goals. I was covered in cuts and bruises after that.

There's obviously better ones than that but I wanted to mention it.
I remember for the winner Clarke, and 2 others both seemed to be through 1 on 1 with the keeper. I remember screaming at him to square it as he took an age to shoot. Luckily it went in and everyone went crazy. I remember somebody ripping a bin bag open full of rubbish and belly sliding through it.

scottccfc

I remember for the winner Clarke, and 2 others both seemed to be through 1 on 1 with the keeper. I remember screaming at him to square it as he took an age to shoot. Luckily it went in and everyone went crazy. I remember somebody ripping a bin bag open full of rubbish and belly sliding through it.
genuinely thought we was on our way to wembley.....thanks crewe

hill83

It was Clarkes home debut as well

hill83

to be honest one of my best feelings at the ricoh is at a wasps match,

r9TptTb.gif

fatso

87 cup final.
Managed to get 2 spare tickets (long story)
I was offered £1000 each for them, and I was skint in debt, and without a car at the time, but said bollocks to the money, and took my old man and my girlfriends dad, (later to be my father in law who's no longer with us.)
Best decision I ever made, taught me that you cant put a price on memories.
I still get a tear in my eye when I think back at that day.

wantageskyblue

There have been a few but top 3 for me:
1) Garry Thompson scoring the winner against West Ham in the 81LC semi final 1st leg in one of the most dramatic games I’ve ever seen.
2)Being there to see Killer lift the Cup in 87.
3) sitting in the Trinity Road and seeing Moldovan scoring the winner at Villa Park to finally break years of seeing us lose there.

Users who are viewing this thread