Best Ever Goal by an Ex-City Player? (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

We have a new contender as of tonight, courtesy of Robbie Simpson for Oldham at Anfield; "That will go down in the annals as one of the great F.A. Cup goals. Absolutely incredibly fabulous"-Pat Nevin on Radio 5, not a man known for hyperbole.

He had a raw deal with us, always played out wide or as a sub. It's fair to say he'd comfortably be in our top 3 strikers if we had him now!

cornoccfc

Agree he was messed about.

Never looked like a championship player though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We have a new contender as of tonight, courtesy of Robbie Simpson for Oldham at Anfield; "That will go down in the annals as one of the great F.A. Cup goals. Absolutely incredibly fabulous"-Pat Nevin on Radio 5, not a man known for hyperbole.

He had a raw deal with us, always played out wide or as a sub. It's fair to say he'd comfortably be in our top 3 strikers if we had him now!
That's pretty much a given as we hardly have any strikers, I mean his competiton would be Mcdonald, Platt, ROD :laugh:

wingy

Was a sweet volley about 18yds out.We could have made more of hom while he was withus ,developed him,only played his true position about 4-5 times and looked very useful

Nonleagueherewecome

When he did get a rare start up front, it was usually his first game in 6 weeks: he suffered more than anyone from our lack of a reserve side. Maybe if we'd given him a run with Best, instead of persisting with Morrison and Eastwood for so long, we may have seen the best of him. Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZGQurj4AUs&feature=related Always worth seeing the celebration again! And the FK versus Watford was a beauty too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abDAjSqaOPw -he had technique, and it was just starting to shine through. And we flogged him for cash, as per. I really think he'll do well-there aren't many BSP Players of The Year who don't go on to good things.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Agree that we probably wrote him off too soon. Though he was quite slow, he was useful in the air, but as you said he was always used out wide, got a bit of a raw deal from us in that respect.

J

Jack Griffin

He tore his hamstring badly, maybe they thought he could never recover properly from that injury, I know I never did after I did mine...

Users who are viewing this thread