Best displays against us at HR (3 Viewers)

CovBrummie94

Clayton Ince for Crewe. I think it was in 2004. Kept them in the game and they ended up winning 1-0 with a Dean Ashton pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kg82

Forest held us to a draw.....playing with 9 men. But it’s okay cuz Strachan said afterwards;

‘It’s harder to play against 9 men m8’

How we laughed at our foolishness...
Ha, I remember that game! I seem to remember Scimeca in that game, so I think he might’ve been one of those sent off. Such a poor performance.

skyblueinBaku

One of the best performances by an opponent that I have seen was a game against Bolton in the late seventies. They had Frank Worthington as their centre forward and that day he gave a master class of a performance. I think the final score was 2-2 and we were by far the better team. However Worthington, who was up against Jim Hagan at Centre half that day and who gave him a torrid time, dragged his team mates with him to gain a result that without him they just would not have achieved. Worthington, like a lot of seventies players, was a larger than life character who was very skilful but who also liked a good time away from football. That day he was immense and gave a performance that I have never forgotten from a fairly innocuous game. If he could have played consistently at that level he would have got a lot more England caps than he did.
I met Frank Worthington in a Crawley hotel bar years ago. He was extremely drunk, but didn't give it the big "I am" like so many modern day footballers would. He was just a bloke who happened to play football and was out for a good time.

David O'Day

In terms of an “away” performance , Crewe at the Ricoh in the jpt semi? We absolutely battered them for 89 minutes and they had one counter attack and scored. Was left utterly bamboozled how we lost that....
If the keeper hadn't got injured and had to go off at half time we would of won that

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

City 1 Liverpool 3 March 1989
Liverpool with Whelan, Beardsley, Barnes,McMahon and Aldridge were pure brilliant!

Have to agree with this one, was sat in he Sky Blue stand and they ripped us apart! I think we got near their goal once and scored, they could have had ten......

Users who are viewing this thread